ADVERTISEMENT

Bloomington DUI Lawyer?

In my mind, there is no other criminal act that has caused so many state legislatures to pass so many laws whittling away at a driver's rights than the offense of driving while intoxicated. If you are convicted one of this offense in Indiana, in addition to any criminal penalties assessed, the Court SHALL recommend suspension of your driving privileges for at least 90 days and up to two (2) years. Indiana Code 9-30-5-10. If you have a prior conviction for DWI, you can be charged with a D Felony. Indiana Code 9-30-5-3. An attorney that you hire should review the probable cause for the traffic stop, the type and results of field tests that you may have performed, and whether the technical requirements for the breath or blood tests were followed. Your blood alcohol results, which are usually the most powerful evidence against you, could be inadmissible if the law enforcement officer did not follow proper procedures.

While the law, at this time, does not give you the right to consult with counsel prior to your participating in field tests or in blood alcohol testing, you may be able to convince an officer that you need to consult with an attorney before you perform any field tests, eye tests, or even the breath, blood, or urine tests. It is MY suggestion that, whenever a police officer advises that you have a right to counsel (meaning a lawyer) say "YES! I want to contact a lawyer IMMEDIATELY." To the best of your abilities, use that opportunity to consult with a lawyer of your choice so that you can obtain immediate advice about your obligation to provide breath, blood, or urine samples, refusal of physical tests, and your right not to make any statement that might later be held against you.

This is your man.

I fired my attorney and hired Shapiro once and it was the Best decision ever. Totally got me out of trouble. The dunce I fired was doing nothing for me. It was very expensive though. Like $30K. I was looking at a felony and I walked away with a misdemeanor.

Also, if Bob Miller still practices, he got my best friend's DUI arrest reduced to reckless driving. It was a BS charge anyway, but Bob got it handled.

What ya do?

Haha. I was caught with lots of Mary Jane. Lots. Hired a local lawyer from the area I got popped and he was awful. I fired him and hired Sam Shapiro. Sam caught the IN state trooper lying 7 times under oath during the suppression hearing. I was looking at a felony and 2 years. I got a misdemeanor and 6 months of house arrest instead. Worth every penny.

He's an ambulance chaser, not a defense lawyer.
I don't know what he is, but I've never seen an attorney spend so much money for advertising. Besides the buses, the Ken Nunn loves IU basketball signs, and billboards, when I was in an accident I got a huge pamphlet from him. He must not Ben that good if he spends that much money advertising.

I don't know what he is, but I've never seen an attorney spend so much money for advertising. Besides the buses, the Ken Nunn loves IU basketball signs, and billboards, when I was in an accident I got a huge pamphlet from him. He must not Ben that good if he spends that much money advertising.
He's the one you go to if you want to sue somebody. Whiplash is his specialty.

Ages ago, advertising by lawyers wasn't allowed beyond a listing in the Yellow Pages. When the bar association lifted that rule, Nunn dove in with both feet. It's made him a millionaire. Profiting from people's greed is easy. For many of his clients, getting that settlement is like hitting the lottery.

Personally, he's an arrogant asshole. Flaunts his money, flashy cars, flashy clothes, trophy wife. Very Trump-like.

Haha. I was caught with lots of Mary Jane. Lots. Hired a local lawyer from the area I got popped and he was awful. I fired him and hired Sam Shapiro. Sam caught the IN state trooper lying 7 times under oath during the suppression hearing. I was looking at a felony and 2 years. I got a misdemeanor and 6 months of house arrest instead. Worth every penny.
You probably made back the $30K on your next big buy.

he pays to have every accident report in the state faxed to his office....culling them out for prospects

Internet is full of different lawyer firms that can help you if you are in trouble, but unfortunately most of them are just trying to make your run out of money, and they don't care if they'll win your trial or not. Still, there also are a lot of good conveyancing solicitors that are working not for their money, but for their reputation. It is a bit harder to find a good attorney to represent you in court, but it is not impossible. There are a lot of different associations that can even provide you with a free lawyer if your case is really important or interesting.

Last edited:
He's the one you go to if you want to sue somebody. Whiplash is his specialty.

Ages ago, advertising by lawyers wasn't allowed beyond a listing in the Yellow Pages. When the bar association lifted that rule, Nunn dove in with both feet. It's made him a millionaire. Profiting from people's greed is easy. For many of his clients, getting that settlement is like hitting the lottery.

Personally, he's an arrogant asshole. Flaunts his money, flashy cars, flashy clothes, trophy wife. Very Trump-like.
Ken is at least 80 years old. He has to be in an old folks home by now.

YO! EVERYBODY!

This post was from 2017.
tenor.gif

Ken Nunn has not personally tried a case in many years. He hires good lawyers and they do take cases to court. Many good lawyers got their start and great experience working there. There are several other Plaintiff's attorneys who advertise a lot who never take a case to trial. Those are the ones to avoid.

Ken Nunn has not personally tried a case in many years. He hires good lawyers and they do take cases to court. Many good lawyers got their start and great experience working there. There are several other Plaintiff's attorneys who advertise a lot who never take a case to trial. Those are the ones to avoid.
Ken hasn't entered an appearance on a case in over 4 years. His advertising is pretty much a lie: he is a mascot at this point. I hope people don't think that he is actually going to be working on their case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT