ADVERTISEMENT

Blew this game and the Maryland game...

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007
If we don’t make NCAA, I think it’s wrong, but we shouldn’t have put ourselves in this position.

Gotta win a game to be sure.

If we don’t make NCAA, I think it’s wrong, but we shouldn’t have put ourselves in this position.

The first game will be Wed against Nebraska, no? I don't see winning that game adds much to the resume..... but losing it would be obviously be a disaster.

The first game will be Wed against Nebraska, no? I don't see winning that game adds much to the resume..... but losing it would be obviously be a disaster.
IU will beat Nebraska on Wednesday night with Cam Mack and Dachon Burke being suspended indefinitely. That puts IU up against either Iowa/Ohio State/Penn State on Thursday, which would be a loss in my mind. So, at best, we're looking at a 20-13 team heading into Selection Sunday. IU made it into the 2015 NCAA Tournament with a 20-14 overall record, so nothing will surprise me at this point.

IU will beat Nebraska on Wednesday night with Cam Mack and Dachon Burke being suspended indefinitely. That puts IU up against either Iowa/Ohio State/Penn State on Thursday, which would be a loss in my mind. So, at best, we're looking at a 20-13 team heading into Selection Sunday. IU made it into the 2015 NCAA Tournament with a 20-14 overall record, so nothing will surprise me at this point.
We will probably just barely slip in as a 9 or 10 seed. That maryland loss just killed us.

The late, blown games at Assembly Hall against Arkansas, Maryland and Wisconsin are the difference between being a bubble team and comfortably in the NCAA Tournament. 22-9 sounds a whole hell of a lot better than 19-12 at this point.

22-9 would like a decent season.

22-9 would like a decent season.
If you would have told me in October that IU would finish the regular season 22-9, I would have been happy with that. Obviously, I aspire for IU to be much greater than that, but 22-9 would have been good enough for me in Miller's third season.

Whether it's wrong or not, we get what we earned. In fact, I have a problem with any team making the Tournament with a less than 500 Record in their Conference. If you take 10 teams from the Big Ten, you have at least 4 if not 5 teams who will be lucky to survive their first round games.

Winning adds the psychological milestone of 20 wins. I think that would make it harder for the committee to leave it a 20 win ran with IU's resume than a 19 win team. And that's before factoring in the bad loss that losing to Nebraska would be.

I really think that 20th win is important for just that reason. It just looks much better than 19.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT