ADVERTISEMENT

Blatant Racism from ABC News

Yeah that's what we're missing, another white male broadcasting into our homes. There aren't enough of them already, we need more.

I know this is a confusing concept but representing the diversity of the audience is actually an important component of a news medium.

Diversity is a corporate strength.

The lack of diversity breeds redundancy.

Like how this board is about 95% anti Trump and you bitch and whine about it while I, because I think Trump is an utter imbecile, enjoy the echo chamber when it comes to Trump and his dumbassness.

If this board was set up as a true public forum we'd have better diversity to discuss important topics.

There would be a balance of gender, race and ideology.

I would not be allowed to post as I'm sure there are more than enough middle aged white guys already.

It's akin to Tom Crean only recruiting wings.

Yeah that's what we're missing, another white male broadcasting into our homes. There aren't enough of them already, we need more.

I know this is a confusing concept but representing the diversity of the audience is actually an important component of a news medium.

Like how this board is about 95% anti Trump and you bitch and whine about it while I, because I think Trump is an utter imbecile, enjoy the echo chamber when it comes to Trump and his dumbassness.

If this board was set up as a true public forum we'd have better diversity to discuss important topics.

I would not be allowed to post as I'm sure there are more than enough middle aged white guys already.

Wha-a-t? Wait a minute, a guy with Cracker in his name is white? Wow I totally missed that one.

Reactions: TommyCracker

I have a problem with the lack of diversity in college and professional sports, gonna need to fix that

I have a problem with the lack of diversity in college and professional sports, gonna need to fix that

That would be a good comback if every job was based on simple physical attributes.

You would really be F'd if that was the case.

so you’re saying some races of people are born with better physical capabilities than other races?

No you're making a really dumb comparison between a skill where the physical is of a great advantage VS a skill that requires very little physical abilities to separate yourself.

Athletics are extremely easy to measure effectiveness. Even you can probably tell a great athlete when you see one and measure their success.

Most jobs aren't that easy to discern, they don't require Adonis to do and typically involve a large group of people making decisions together where diversity is a competitive advantage.

Having a much more diverse staff not only gives a wider breath of experiences and skills, it also gives some legitimatcy in a company's public relations, especially when things go wrong.

You might want to tell your president that, especially since he just can't seem to shake that neo nazi racist stench.

Barbara Fedida should have told Michaelson he was highly qualified, but there were other applicants which better fit their needs at this time.

By mentioning minorities and race and putting the onus on her boses, she should have fired or released of her hiring duties.

if I hated having my worldview challenged I’d ignore me too

I love being challenged, that’s why I’m here
You're about as challenging as my wife's cat. The one that horks up furballs on the carpet and then acts satisfied with herself.

And people who oppose affirmative action are racists. So who does that leave out?

That's your opinion (and a sad one at that). Affirmative Action, by design, is racially prejudice against those that are not included in the policies it uses in an attempt to address historical discrimination.

That's your opinion (and a sad one at that). Affirmative Action, by design, is racially prejudice against those that are not included in the policies it uses in an attempt to address historical discrimination.
The corollary, then, is that opposing affirmative action would be to favor continuing the effects of historical discrimination.

The corollary, then, is that opposing affirmative action would be to favor continuing the effects of historical discrimination.

Why? Wouldn't the proper thing to do be to eliminate the discrimination and equalize things? You are choosing between two unproductive extremes instead of suggesting that meritocracy should be the determinant.

Why? Wouldn't the proper thing to do be to eliminate the discrimination and equalize things? You are choosing between two unproductive extremes instead of suggesting that meritocracy should be the determinant.
We have different views of what is affirmative action. I'm not in favor of promoting unqualified people. I'm in favor of finding qualified people outside of the normal pools. It's telling how often my judgement has been questioned for doing this in my own career. People just aren't comfortable with breaking the mold.

Reactions: TommyCracker
We have different views of what is affirmative action. I'm not in favor of promoting unqualified people. I'm in favor of finding qualified people outside of the normal pools. It's telling how often my judgement has been questioned for doing this in my own career. People just aren't comfortable with breaking the mold.

i have no problem with what you are saying conceptually. But the definition of AA is:

the practice or policy of favoring individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously

There’s been many instances of race being used over merit and it isn’t always black vs white (see Harvard’s Asian admissions scandal).

Diversity is in general about ratios.

It's why you recruit four point guards but after two commit you don't bring any more in.

It's portfolio management. You apply the right amount of diversity to best reach the financial goals set with the appropriate risk level.

So to have a diverse team requires portfolio management which is going to get some people's shackles up but it wasn't happening with the system before affirmative action.

The main goal of AA was to help companies see the value of a diverse workforce. Today it's part of the corporate culture sales pitch in corporate recruiting.

And if the Republicans can't figure out how to appeal to and become a more diverse party...it's going to get rough for them.

They are already percieved as the old racist/mysoginistic party while the country is becoming more diverse and scarier for them...increasingly woke.

Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT