ADVERTISEMENT

Bitch slapped Republicans

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
L'il Marco has reportedly apologized for making fun of Mr. Trump's small . . . hands. Nothing could better illustrate what a sad sack group of pathetic losers Republicans now are.

Look, guys, you've nominated a buffoon as your presidential candidate. A huckster. A clown. A cartoon character. A punchline. And you're okay with that. Because eGhazi! or something. It was bad when you were okay with the ignoramus Sarah Palin as your VP, but now your presidential candidate is the ignoramus. The top of your ticket is literally a joke.

By character, intellect, and temperament, the clown Trump shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the White House. But you picked him anyway. Your party and your candidate, but our problem. Thanks very much for living down to everything I've ever thought about you.

People are making a category error about Trump. The problem has nothing to do with his supposed policies. The problem is that people imagine that he has policies. He doesn't. He has only a collection of ignorant impulses. He knows less about how government or the world works than even Sarah Palin. He demonstrates this every time he speaks.

Read James Fallows' accumulating summary of Trump's idiocies. The "Mexican" federal judge he says is a "disgrace." His assurance that there is no drought in California. The fact that he knew nothing about immigration when he decided it was his biggest issue. The ridiculous conspiracy theories. The birtherism. His absurd ignorance. His repeated lies. (Politifact has never seen anything like it.) But, then again, he didn't have a private email server when he was Secretary of State.

But ultimately the problem isn't Trump. It's you guys and your awful dysfunctional excuse for a political party and your pathetic mewling acquiescence that "at least he's not Hillary." Go f#ck yourselves. Seriously.

Assuming that it comes down to Trump/Clinton this fall, she will get my vote for one reason:

At least she isn't Trump.

And that is a pretty pathetic reason to vote for anyone.

As to Rubio.... Watching someone grovel is never a pleasant experience.

Christie, Carson, Huckabee, and now Rubio..... All in what appears to be a desperate attempt to retain some measure of relevancy.

To your point, however, Rock.... If Trump wins the Oval Office it will be the Independents and Never-Hillary Bernie Supporters that put him there, and not just the Tea-Party Republicans.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/rob...rs-supporters-to-swallow-some-tough-medicine/
If he's actually elected President, there will be blame to go around. (I'm looking at you, white men.) I remain boggled, though, that a major political party would nominate someone so obviously unfit for any public office, let alone President of the United States. It's unreal to watch the Republican Party coalesce around him with barely a shrug.

I get that many people really dislike Hillary. She's a center-left Democrat, so conservatives have reason to oppose her, and there's all the Clinton baggage. If I were a Republican, I'd vote Libertarian or sit this one out if I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary. But anyone who votes for the buffoonish huckster because "at least he's not Hillary" is reprehensible. If this is a close election, we have a serious problem in this country.

L'il Marco has reportedly apologized for making fun of Mr. Trump's small . . . hands. Nothing could better illustrate what a sad sack group of pathetic losers Republicans now are.

Look, guys, you've nominated a buffoon as your presidential candidate. A huckster. A clown. A cartoon character. A punchline. And you're okay with that. Because eGhazi! or something. It was bad when you were okay with the ignoramus Sarah Palin as your VP, but now your presidential candidate is the ignoramus. The top of your ticket is literally a joke.

By character, intellect, and temperament, the clown Trump shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the White House. But you picked him anyway. Your party and your candidate, but our problem. Thanks very much for living down to everything I've ever thought about you.

People are making a category error about Trump. The problem has nothing to do with his supposed policies. The problem is that people imagine that he has policies. He doesn't. He has only a collection of ignorant impulses. He knows less about how government or the world works than even Sarah Palin. He demonstrates this every time he speaks.

Read James Fallows' accumulating summary of Trump's idiocies. The "Mexican" federal judge he says is a "disgrace." His assurance that there is no drought in California. The fact that he knew nothing about immigration when he decided it was his biggest issue. The ridiculous conspiracy theories. The birtherism. His absurd ignorance. His repeated lies. (Politifact has never seen anything like it.) But, then again, he didn't have a private email server when he was Secretary of State.

But ultimately the problem isn't Trump. It's you guys and your awful dysfunctional excuse for a political party and your pathetic mewling acquiescence that "at least he's not Hillary." Go f#ck yourselves. Seriously.
Great post and intellectual contribution! Makes one wonder why so many on the left are angry and dysfunctional when it comes to contributing to the political debate. The candidates on both side of the aisle are well deserved as proof positive where our society is headed.

Great post and intellectual contribution! Makes one wonder why so many on the left are angry and dysfunctional when it comes to contributing to the political debate. The candidates on both side of the aisle are well deserved as proof positive where our society is headed.
Says the guy who always cites biased and stilted sites for his lack of grip on reality takes,.

In his vast ignorance, Trump doesn't know or care about issues or policy. He isn't engaged in any legitimate political debate. This isn't a disagreement between Right and Left -- or even between the establishment and outsiders. Instead, a dysfunctional party has nominated someone comically unfit to serve as President, and people like you affect to believe this is business as usual.

Trump isn't the problem. People who vote for Trump are the problem.

In his vast ignorance, Trump doesn't know or care about issues or policy. He isn't engaged in any legitimate political debate. This isn't a disagreement between Right and Left -- or even between the establishment and outsiders. Instead, a dysfunctional party has nominated someone comically unfit to serve as President, and people like you affect to believe this is business as usual.

I have not been a Trump supporter nor will I be but I understand the vast majority of his supporters who are fed up with the normal politicians who have been on the "stage". The are fed up with the angry liberals and right wing kooks.

Last edited:
Says the guy who always cites biased and stilted sites for his lack of grip on reality takes,.
Have you ever cited a non-biased cite - think not. What is biased - news has been biased for all of my almost 70 years it is just a matter of perspective.

People who vote for Trump are reprehensible even if they're "fed up."
Same exact thing can be said about HRC! Still don't see that as a November problem she will not be the candidate. The Inspector General report if nothing else will push the DOJ to do something!

I have not been a Trump supporter nor will I be but I understand the vast majority of his supporters who are fed up with the normal politicians who have been on the "stage". The are fed up with the angry liberals and right wing kooks.
Sadly, Dave, it is the right-wing kooks who have gotten him the nomination.

Reactions: Circlejoe
To the extent that Trump has never held an elected office he is an "outsider". But he is no outsider at all. He is what is on the inside. The one who buys and sells politicians like furniture. He IS the Establishment.

If he's actually elected President, there will be blame to go around. (I'm looking at you, white men.) I remain boggled, though, that a major political party would nominate someone so obviously unfit for any public office, let alone President of the United States. It's unreal to watch the Republican Party coalesce around him with barely a shrug.

I get that many people really dislike Hillary. She's a center-left Democrat, so conservatives have reason to oppose her, and there's all the Clinton baggage. If I were a Republican, I'd vote Libertarian or sit this one out if I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary. But anyone who votes for the buffoonish huckster because "at least he's not Hillary" is reprehensible. If this is a close election, we have a serious problem in this country.

It's not like this is new. They gave a B Movie star the White House and recently elevated him to sainthood. Whenever I hear people say "we need another Reagan", all I can think of to say is "Is Iran running low on weapons or something?"

Reactions: cosmickid
Assuming that it comes down to Trump/Clinton this fall, she will get my vote for one reason:

At least she isn't Trump.

And that is a pretty pathetic reason to vote for anyone.

As to Rubio.... Watching someone grovel is never a pleasant experience.

Christie, Carson, Huckabee, and now Rubio..... All in what appears to be a desperate attempt to retain some measure of relevancy.

So, Doug, is this how you envisioned this place when you "moved on"?

Where a "go f#ck yourselves" is now the standard? And you, in a classic case of dousing the wrong house (Lucy's) while the house next door is in flames, would ban Lucy were you still in charge? Well, okay, I guess. Cowardice is as cowardice does.

"At least she isn't Trump."

I hope you remember that, say in 2018, when Hillary sends up for nomination to the Supreme Court nominees so excruciatingly far to the left that our country will be severely damaged by the rulings of a radical leftist court should one of these loons be approved.

I hope you remember that as executive actions are taken that put into place further restrictions on our freedoms that no founding father ever foresaw.

I hope you remember that as businesses are further hamstrung by the exponential increase in taxes, regulations, penalties and fines driven by an out-of-control, unchecked and unrestrained federal bureaucracy. And I hope you'll remember that as the economy suffers as a result.

I hope you remember that as the military is further decimated. Read "Dereliction of Duty" to get an understanding of how the Clintons really feel about the military.

I hope you remember that as all of us horrible, dastardly, "should be burned in ovens" (according to a sage on the OTF) white guys shell out through the nose, ass and wallet for all of the snowflakes and their free educations and healthcare and we foot the bill for their self-induced student loan debt.

I hope you remember all of this and more, say, two years from now, when the chickens have come home to roost and those who failed to help defeat the dangerous radical lurching of the Democrat Party to the far, far left, with all of the consequences so perfectly demonstrated by the sickening lure of Bernie Sanders, will hang their heads in shame for not standing up.

For wide is the gate and broad is the road ........

It's not like this is new. They gave a B Movie star the White House and recently elevated him to sainthood. Whenever I hear people say "we need another Reagan", all I can think of to say is "Is Iran running low on weapons or something?"
Reagan had served as Governor of California for eight years and been an active participant in national Republican politics. He had strong, clearly expressed views on the issues of the day, and everyone knew what sort of policies he'd pursue. Trump is nothing like this.

Reactions: bfogle and DrHoops
To the extent that Trump has never held an elected office he is an "outsider". But he is no outsider at all. He is what is on the inside. The one who buys and sells politicians like furniture. He IS the Establishment.
Yep.

I hope you remember all of this and more, say, two years from now, when the chickens have come home to roost and those who failed to help defeat the dangerous radical lurching of the Democrat Party to the far, far left, with all of the consequences so perfectly demonstrated by the sickening lure of Bernie Sanders, will hang their heads in shame for not standing up.
You could always move to Kanada... but I don't think you'd like it there either.

Reactions: DrHoops

Where a "go f#ck yourselves" is now the standard? And you, in a classic case of dousing the wrong house (Lucy's) while the house next door is in flames, would ban Lucy were you still in charge? Well, okay, I guess. Cowardice is as cowardice does.

I hope you remember that, say in 2018, when Hillary sends up for nomination to the Supreme Court nominees so excruciatingly far to the left that our country will be severely damaged by the rulings of a radical leftist court should one of these loons be approved.

I hope you remember that as executive actions are taken that put into place further restrictions on our freedoms that no founding father ever foresaw.

I hope you remember that as businesses are further hamstrung by the exponential increase in taxes, regulations, penalties and fines driven by an out-of-control, unchecked and unrestrained federal bureaucracy. And I hope you'll remember that as the economy suffers as a result.

I hope you remember that as the military is further decimated. Read "Dereliction of Duty" to get an understanding of how the Clintons really feel about the military.

I hope you remember that as all of us horrible, dastardly, "should be burned in ovens" (according to a sage on the OTF) white guys shell out through the nose, ass and wallet for all of the snowflakes and their free educations and healthcare and we foot the bill for their self-induced student loan debt.

The fact that you think Hillary is far left is pretty laughable. You haven't noticed the reason she doesn't have more support is because she is too moderate?

Reactions: DrHoops

What a really poor post....I don't understand why people write posts like this. But it is enlightening since it is exactly why Trump will win in November. The left and parts of the right have created this caricature of Trump that is nowhere near the truth. The bar is so low for him now---all he has to do is show that he is not that caricature --- that he will win over the undecideds. That, coupled with the continued disarray in the Democrat party, means a Trump victory. If Democrats don't want Trump, they need to work on their own party and candidate issues rather than these ad hominem attacks. Incoherent verbal assaults and the violence caused by antiTrump protesters will move even more middle-of-the -roads voters to Trump.

Reactions: iux5 and Lucy01
What a really poor post....I don't understand why people write posts like this. But it is enlightening since it is exactly why Trump will win in November. The left and parts of the right have created this caricature of Trump that is nowhere near the truth. The bar is so low for him now---all he has to do is show that he is not that caricature --- that he will win over the undecideds. That, coupled with the continued disarray in the Democrat party, means a Trump victory. If Democrats don't want Trump, they need to work on their own party and candidate issues rather than these ad hominem attacks. Incoherent verbal assaults and the violence caused by antiTrump protesters will move even more middle-of-the -roads voters to Trump.
Uhm, have you watched this entire season? Trump has launched nothing but ad homing attacks. Little Marco, Lying Ted, and a host of others. Verbal attacks ARE Trump's camain strategy.

Neither do those supporting him.

If we could all agree that any Presidential candidate should be upfront and avoid any appearance of impropriety especially violations of governmental rules and possible crimes. Then and in that event we would could get Biden on the ticket and have someone we could all get behind. Defending the indefensible only prolongs our agony and promotes Trump. If we put partisan politics ahead of the good for America we all lose.

Reagan had served as Governor of California for eight years and been an active participant in national Republican politics. He had strong, clearly expressed views on the issues of the day, and everyone knew what sort of policies he'd pursue. Trump is nothing like this.

If I remember right he was a democrat most of his life and was also a union leader for actors. I was channeling my inner Fox when I said that about him because that's all we'd be hearing if Hillary or someone else had been in a few movies at some point.

The Republican Party screwed itself with its various (failed) attempts at pushing through amnesty. Trump is a backlash to that.

Hopefully the regular Republicans will come to their senses, do a mea culpa on the issue, get serious about securing the border before anything is done regarding normalization of those here, and we can move beyond this. But the early signs aren't hopeful. They seem to be digging in their heels -- which probably means more backlash.

If that were really true, the rest of the establishment would love him. But they don't. Quite the contrary, in fact.

No, I think he really does pose a threat to the established political order. That's not entirely a bad thing, I guess. But I think I'd much prefer a better political establishment to a vanquished one.

Maybe we should have poll tests.
Keep the stupid citizens from voting.

How many republicans here have supported trump? Hardly any that I recall....most have been vocal with their opposition.

The reality is that a bunch of disaffected independents came out to vote for him....the party was hijacked. Traditional republicans were almost unanimously opposed to him. But he was able to consistently get 35 to 40% of the vote, and it turned out to be enough.

How many republicans here have supported trump? Hardly any that I recall....most have been vocal with their opposition.

The reality is that a bunch of disaffected independents came out to vote for him....the party was hijacked. Traditional republicans were almost unanimously opposed to him. But he was able to consistently get 35 to 40% of the vote, and it turned out to be enough.
To answer your question I called the Trump nomination 6 months ago.

I live in a area with alot of union households and there are many Trump signs in the yards and I know in the past they were democratic voters.

I cannot emphasize how far outside legitimate consideration Trump ought to be.

He graduated from fancy schools, but he talks like a four-year-old. His vast ignorance should be impossible in a person who's lived seventy years. (He makes Sarah Palin look like a Rhodes Scholar.) He's a full-on raging clinical narcissist who talks about himself like a fool. He's either pathologically gullible (he believes everything he reads and "hears"), or he's pathologically dishonest. He's grandiose, thin-skinned, delusional, hot-tempered, undisciplined, erratic, and pretty much every other thing you wouldn't want the President of the United States to be. He eagerly embraces conspiracy theories and other mental tics that only kooks and morons affect to have. He is a bright noisy blinking strobe lighted klaxon sounding alarm that apparently purrs like a kitten if you're a Republican.

On the other hand, of course, Hillary Clinton used a private email server while serving as Secretary of State.

You've conspicuously unsupported Trump, so I apologize for implicitly including you in my over broad field of fire.

Reactions: Lucy01

Said the Trump voter(s)? Don't be ashamed. Really.

You've conspicuously unsupported Trump, so I apologize for implicitly including you in my over broad field of fire.
By the way, this is an apology I'll happily extend to all who won't support Trump but feel like I've slimed them. Please let me know if I'm indebted to you.

Admittedly this is merely Trump's senior advisor and not MR. TRUMP himself, but here's Paul Manafort:

The vice presidential pick will also be part of the process of proving he’s ready for the White House, Manafort said.

“He needs an experienced person to do the part of the job he doesn’t want to do. He seems himself more as the chairman of the board, than even the CEO, let alone the COO.”

“There is a long list of who that person could be,” Manafort added, “and every one of them has major problems.”

The campaign probably won’t choose a woman or a member of a minority group, he said. “In fact, that would be viewed as pandering, I think.”
For emphasis:

(1) Trump doesn't really want to exercise the executive authority the Constitution explicitly entrusts to the President (i.e., the office Trump is ostensibly running for). Instead he'll outsource much of his job to others. They'll let you know.

(2) Trump won't run with anyone other than a white man, because that would be "pandering."
But Hillary and emails and something.

I recall someone being upset that Hillaryhad said she would use Bill as a consultant for the economy. Implying that she couldn't handle it herself. I used that same quote about the way Trump plans on running things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT