ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Donovan fired

Sixers job sucks, who wants to live in Philly? The Pacers job is better.

Indiana would be smart to get a hold of his people.

It. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Archie for Donovan in a heartbeat...even if Archie actually had done better than a limp T6, 9th, and T10 in his first 3 seasons. We might actually start winning again around here if we could get a coach of that caliber.

But if we weren't already handcuffed to Archie before COVID hit, we certainly are now.

And, besides, it appears as if Donovan's headed to another NBA team -- which might have even been in the works before he parted ways with OKC.

On top of that, the unusual timing of his firing -- also a product of COVID -- makes it really hard for any college program to pursue him....unless he's content to wait until at least March/April.

It. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Archie for Donovan in a heartbeat...even if Archie actually had done better than a limp T6, 9th, and T10 in his first 3 seasons. We might actually start winning again around here if we could get a coach of that caliber.

But if we weren't already handcuffed to Archie before COVID hit, we certainly are now.

And, besides, it appears as if Donovan's headed to another NBA team -- which might have even been in the works before he parted ways with OKC.

On top of that, the unusual timing of his firing -- also a product of COVID -- makes it really hard for any college program to pursue him....unless he's content to wait until at least March/April.
BD had a great college job at UF, so great that he declined UK’s overtures and ultimately opted for the NBA. It would be shocking if he ever went back to the college game. Yes, he would obviously be a huge upgrade over Archie, but that’s at least two years off, if not farther, and BD will have moved on much sooner than that. Perhaps if this was Duke or KU or even UNC, his direction might be different, but those are elite programs with a unique appeal (I think you could lump Stevens into this mix, if the Celtics ever tire of him). Otherwise, I think he’s now and forever a pro guy.

I see "Show ignored content" at the end of this thread which can mean only one thing. Birnk or Mary, who are the same person, is back. He's the only person I have on ignore and I ignore him because he's only here to argue like a gigantic a$$hole and trash the board. I recommend others ignore him to because it makes this place more enjoyable. The threads are shorter too.

His suspension should have been made permanent. He probably will be banned again before very long.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if he's not scooped up by someone like Chicago or Philly.

I don't see him in college anytime soon.

Reactions: MrBing
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Archie for Donovan in a heartbeat...even if Archie actually had done better than a, limp T6, 9th, and T10 in his first 3 seasons. We might actually start winning again around here if we could get a coach of that caliber.

Cool story, bro ...

I'd definitely love to see Donovan coaching IU, but those dreams stopped long ago as IU leadership continued making one dumb decision after another. I am barely hanging on as a fan. I am sorry to say but my apathy for the team continues to grow a little more each year.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I'd definitely love to see Donovan coaching IU, but those dreams stopped long ago as IU leadership continued making one dumb decision after another. I am barely hanging on as a fan. I am sorry to say but my apathy for the team continues to grow a little more each year.
Your apathy grows each year despite YoY improvement. That says everything we need to know. You should just move on...

Reactions: MrBing
Your apathy grows each year despite YoY improvement. That says everything we need to know. You should just move on...
Look at who we beat, and look at who beat us. Still not .500 in the Big 10. That’s not YoY improvement. That’s poor performance.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I see "Show ignored content" at the end of this thread which can mean only one thing. Birnk or Mary, who are the same person, is back. He's the only person I have on ignore and I ignore him because he's only here to argue like a gigantic a$$hole and trash the board. I recommend others ignore him to because it makes this place more enjoyable. The threads are shorter too.

His suspension should have been made permanent. He probably will be banned again before very long.
Interesting that posters of a certain ilk are all about banning(censoring) those with differing opinions.

Some d-bags use the phrase" you're better than that."

Those who censor others are not better at all.

Reactions: Lucy01
Cool feelings, bro.

Look at who we beat, and look at who beat us. Still not .500 in the Big 10. That’s not YoY improvement. That’s poor performance.

its ridiculous to state that last year was not a pretty significant improvement over the previous season. Granted, the bar had been set pretty low with us losing 12 of 13 games that season. Two years ago we basically forfeited a dozen games and it appeared that the staff had completely lost the team. Last season was much better.

I expect this season to be better yet.

But, frankly, so what? The big ten hasn’t won a title in 20 years. Am I supposed to jump up and down in joy if suddenly IU becomes a middle of the pack conference program?

I think IU will be good this season, top 3 conference good. But, I am still unsure what the direction of the program is. Frankly, I expected Miller to build teams that would feature four year players. We’ve heard about the get old and stay old mentality, but I just don’t see it.

Miller has placed all of his eggs into the 19-20 and 20-21 seasons. Next season will be his fifth season here. I would expect that (next season) we should be starting a veteran lineup of kids that have been in his system for 3-4 years. This seems to be especially important to a coach like Miller who seems to a system guy and needs players experienced in his system to excel.

Last edited:
Interesting that posters of a certain ilk are all about banning(censoring) those with differing opinions.

Some d-bags use the phrase" you're better than that."

Those who censor others are not better at all.
What ilk is that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT