ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Gates Belongs in Jail

All webmail sucks. I use Thunderbird to access and manage my Gmail account and several NNTP accounts.
You're right that webmail sucks. If I didn't have to integrate everything to Salesforce, I'd be using something like Thunderbird.

Tried to buy Microsoft 365

Product key - “invalid”

Confused “Microsoft accounts” between me and son

Then it downloaded but would not show up, and instead tried to renew a “Microsoft Student” account from 2011

Chat with bot disconnected

Worst customer service on the planet

Gonna let my anger die, then cancel every account and product and never buy anything Microsoft related again, and won’t tolerate those who do

Gif+de+Planet+Of+The+Apes+....gif
You sure that it's not operator trouble? :) :) Seriously I use Office 365 and have never had troubled. Of course before I installed I uninstalled any previous version that I had.

"220, 221, whatever it takes . . . "

I don't even have a computer since I retired. IPad for everything. OS/2 Warp partition sounds like a back-up engine for the Starship Enterprise.
Too many things don't work on tablets and phones. A lot of places have options on their web site that are not available in their apps. And the websites are better on a PC/Mac.

You sure that it's not operator trouble? :) :) Seriously I use Office 365 and have never had troubled. Of course before I installed I uninstalled any previous version that I had.

Wait, doing things in the proper order? I bet you are the type that stops and asks for directions.

The record I have seen for antivirus is 3 on the same computer as people bought new ones and didn't uninstall old. Antivirus programs HATE each other, they use up all of a computer's resources watching each other like hawks. They had the first one, and heard good things about a second one. That slowed their computer to a crawl, so they became convinced they were infected and bought another one. The computer basically stopped and they called me.

Reactions: UncleMark
The record I have seen for antivirus is 3 on the same computer as people bought new ones and didn't uninstall old. Antivirus programs HATE each other, they use up all of a computer's resources watching each other like hawks. They had the first one, and heard good things about a second one. That slowed their computer to a crawl, so they became convinced they were infected and bought another one. The computer basically stopped and they called me.

We should get together sometime and swap computer stories. You just told one of mine.

On top of what you described, I made a lot of money ripping Norton out by the roots. People would have the trial version from when the machine was new and that was it. Never updated. Eventually some critter would get in and Norton would end up getting corrupted and bringing the machine to its knees. On rare occasions the uninstaller would actually work, and then a followup with the removal tool would clean things up fairly well before getting into the registry and tidying things. But most of the time I had to just rip it out by the roots and hope I didn't take any actual Windows files with it.

ADVERTISEMENT