ADVERTISEMENT

Bike around the world

After months on backorder my Rogue Concept 2 Rower is to be delivered Monday.

I can't wait to get it set up and get started. Will be my first real workout since this shit storm started!

5-workous-that-are-insanely-efficient-at-torching-fat-signature-2-700xh.jpg
My suggestion is just to take it easy and get used to the rowing motion and tension, etc... at first... start easy and try and go for longer time. It's one of those exercises, like biking for me, that I can jump on and get going too hard and get winded, and then it's hard to recover.

Gosh, since it's your first workout in awhile, and she looks like she could use a workout partner, I'll take care of her for now and you focus on your rowing! JK, but you'll have the rower together in no time. It was super easy to assemble and you can be working out in about 15 minutes! Good luck and I hope it works for you!

Reactions: sdhoosier
My suggestion is just to take it easy and get used to the rowing motion and tension, etc... at first... start easy and try and go for longer time. It's one of those exercises, like biking for me, that I can jump on and get going too hard and get winded, and then it's hard to recover.

Gosh, since it's your first workout in awhile, and she looks like she could use a workout partner, I'll take care of her for now and you focus on your rowing! JK, but you'll have the rower together in no time. It was super easy to assemble and you can be working out in about 15 minutes! Good luck and I hope it works for you!

Thanks kkott, I need her right now to help me get the rower set up...then I'll send her over to your house. ;)

I am really excited to get a workout going. I am hoping it doesn't put to much stress on my knee.

Reactions: kkott
Thanks kkott, I need her right now to help me get the rower set up...then I'll send her over to your house. ;)

I am really excited to get a workout going. I am hoping it doesn't put to much stress on my knee.

Well, SD, get your rower setup and if so, how was the trial run? I hope it doesn't mess with your knee, but it's one of the things I've liked. I've generally been able to accomodate injuries and trouble spots by going easier on that part and harder on others to make up for it. My left knee is shredded and has no cartilage left, so it's very iffy. Sometimes OK, sometimes swollen and painful. My right ankle was fused and while painfree, I have to work around it. I'm not in training for anything, so if I need to, I just shorten the workout or go easier. Hadn't done it for about a week and got on it last night and did 24 minutes and 6K. Generally been doing 30 mins and 7.5K. I'd like to get to 10K. It's fun to challenge yourself with. Hope it works for you!

Well, SD, get your rower setup and if so, how was the trial run? I hope it doesn't mess with your knee, but it's one of the things I've liked. I've generally been able to accomodate injuries and trouble spots by going easier on that part and harder on others to make up for it. My left knee is shredded and has no cartilage left, so it's very iffy. Sometimes OK, sometimes swollen and painful. My right ankle was fused and while painfree, I have to work around it. I'm not in training for anything, so if I need to, I just shorten the workout or go easier. Hadn't done it for about a week and got on it last night and did 24 minutes and 6K. Generally been doing 30 mins and 7.5K. I'd like to get to 10K. It's fun to challenge yourself with. Hope it works for you!

The delivery was delayed a couple of days but I got it set up and took a trial run. I think it will be fine for my knee. Seems to be more of an upper body workout which is what I am looking for.

Now I need to take a look at the owners manual and on line videos to check on proper technique and workout options.

Thanks kkott for the recommendation for this machine. I am really impressed with it's look, size and smoothness so far. Also easy setup.

The delivery was delayed a couple of days but I got it set up and took a trial run. I think it will be fine for my knee. Seems to be more of an upper body workout which is what I am looking for.

Now I need to take a look at the owners manual and on line videos to check on proper technique and workout options.

Thanks kkott for the recommendation for this machine. I am really impressed with it's look, size and smoothness so far. Also easy setup.

I think you can use it for upper body by going harder, or more cardio if you don't go as hard and try and go longer. My normal workout now is 30 minutes and about 7500 meters. I go steady for about 6 minutes as a warm up, and then try and alternate 4 minute intervals of going hard and the a recovery 4 min period. I want to work up to doing 10K and think that will take me 40-45 minutes and think that will be higher cardio. I need to get a fitbit so I can see my heartrate. I've been bad about that. But, it's nice if you want a quick workout, just go harder. I have a chalkboard down in my mancave area with my dartboard and I have my PR's on there for 20 minutes, 5K and 30 minutes. If I'm trying to do a quick workout, I try and beat my 5K time. I think it's a great piece of home workout gear.

I think you can use it for upper body by going harder, or more cardio if you don't go as hard and try and go longer. My normal workout now is 30 minutes and about 7500 meters. I go steady for about 6 minutes as a warm up, and then try and alternate 4 minute intervals of going hard and the a recovery 4 min period. I want to work up to doing 10K and think that will take me 40-45 minutes and think that will be higher cardio. I need to get a fitbit so I can see my heartrate. I've been bad about that. But, it's nice if you want a quick workout, just go harder. I have a chalkboard down in my mancave area with my dartboard and I have my PR's on there for 20 minutes, 5K and 30 minutes. If I'm trying to do a quick workout, I try and beat my 5K time. I think it's a great piece of home workout gear.

I love this machine! Well worth the bucks since I don't see returning to the gym anytime soon.. l started at 10 minutes and now up to 20 minutes...no problem for my knee and like you say good upper body and cardio workout... I downloaded the app where the workout info is saved...

Anyone using strava?
Barely. I use the free version to log walks and hikes for times, distances and elevation. We have a fitness club at work that uses it extensively. Most of them have the premium and use the bio monitors. Everyone seems to like it, but that's not my crowd so I can't tell you much more than that.

Barely. I use the free version to log walks and hikes for times, distances and elevation. We have a fitness club at work that uses it extensively. Most of them have the premium and use the bio monitors. Everyone seems to like it, but that's not my crowd so I can't tell you much more than that.

I have a glitch I think. My max speed on my bike ride earlier was 46mph. Wtf!

I have a glitch I think. My max speed on my bike ride earlier was 46mph. Wtf!
That kind of stuff happens all the time with me. I'll have a pack on my back, hiking and it'll show an average speed of 3mph and then give me a top speed of 11mph like I was jogging. WTH? Or it will have my GPS track with a crazy out and back off my route.
Pyp0l9t.png

That kind of stuff happens all the time with me. I'll have a pack on my back, hiking and it'll show an average speed of 3mph and then give me a top speed of 11mph like I was jogging. WTH? Or it will have my GPS track with a crazy out and back off my route.
Pyp0l9t.png

Are you usian bolt?

A few months ago I had an unpleasant occurrence. I went for a bike ride with some friends of mine and we decided to go to a forest that was not far from us. While we were there, it started getting dark and we went home, but on the way back my bike chains broke and I stopped for a few minutes to put them back. I did not notice how I was left behind. Honestly, I didn't feel good, because it was very dark , but I was lucky to have my flashlights that I had got a few weeks before this happened from Amazon product ASIN B078TB9TMK . I had felt like I was gonna need them.

Last edited:
My daughter is now hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada, a 4+ month trek, and something like 2,800 miles, mostly at high elevation (3K-14K feet).

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT