ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie

After the Perfect Season, IU had 4 out of 5 players make 1st team All-BT in the UPI coaches poll.The lone exception was Purdue's Bruce Parkinson at one of the guard spots. Bobby Wilkerson was third team.
You sure Rickey Greene wasn't the 5th? Parkinson took a medical RS in '76 and Kyle Macy was Purdue's point guard that year.

True but we played for 1 just 15 years ago along with another F4. It's not like we've not been there in 30 years. Also the past 15 years has been the 'dark days' of IU hoops, hopefully that's about to end. If I recall, you said IU would not fire Crean. Well....
I think I said I hoped they didn't fire Crean.

Isn't that a required core course in West Laffy?

It is required for Freshman as a part of what they call BGR or boiler gold rush. They assume that attending any sporting event and reading Paint Crew emails will fill in any blanks.

After that the courses are specific to the "Obsessive IU Studies" major. They now however, offer a Masters degree in "Enough about IU, what about IU".

i was impressed with the clarity and preciseness of Swanigan's announcement. You can tell immediately the value of that PUke education. One intelligent announcement. I am sure all Broilees are proud.
The mere fact that he mentions IU while announcing he is staying in the draft says it all.
They have won one conference championship than IU, lead the all time series and have owned us the past few years.
Yet, like their fans and even their band he obsesses over IU,it's sad and funny at the same time.

Biggie likely was spoon fed the IU hate from his PU alum and adopted father. He made PU look foolish for hating on IU when they are not even playing the Hoosiers. He was more focused on dissing and hating on IU than looking forward to his own post college future. Living in a hateful rivalry past while your team underachieves once again in the NCAA tournament is not a classy way to go out. Another Example of PU's sad obsession with IU. The little brother syndrome continues on under Painter.

Last edited:
Reactions: SNU0821
You sure Rickey Greene wasn't the 5th? Parkinson took a medical RS in '76 and Kyle Macy was Purdue's point guard that year.
This is the 1974-75 season remember. I rechecked by print out from that year "How IU got to be Number One" and Bruce Parkinson is listed first team as a junior for Purdue. Second team for Michigan that season were both CJ Kupec and Joe Johnson. FWIW, Terry Furrow was also second team from Mich. State while Lindsay Hairston was third team. John Garrett for Purdue was also third team with Wilkerson.

This is the 1974-75 season remember. I rechecked by print out from that year "How IU got to be Number One" and Bruce Parkinson is listed first team as a junior for Purdue. Second team for Michigan that season were both CJ Kupec and Joe Johnson. FWIW, Terry Furrow was also second team from Mich. State while Lindsay Hairston was third team. John Garrett for Purdue was also third team with Wilkerson.
That's cool. I had '76 in mind.

Bobby Wilkerson was a beast defensively. Wilkerson guarded the other teams best player, was a 2nd PG on the floor with Buckner, and jumped Center as a 6'7" guard even though IU had 6'11" All-American Kent Benson?

Isn't there a board in the vasty vastness of the web dedicated to purdue BB? There is? Oh that's right, recall it excels at banning posters that don't conform to arbitrary and capricious standards for civilized discourse leading to infestations by lonely and intellectually under-stimulated posters at other sites.

Oh the virtual stench of it all.

:D
Pretty amazing statement considering the way peegs banned people. I got banned for using the term "creaning". Said I was flaming for using that term at the same time IU fans were doing the same thing.
I will say this. This forum is more tolerant although I was warned I'd be banned. Seemed a little sensitive at the time but I've tried being good.

Biggie likely was spoon fed the IU hate from his PU alum and adopted father. He made PU look foolish for hating on IU when they are not even playing the Hoosiers. He was more focused on dissing and hating on IU than looking forward to his own post college future. Living in a hateful rivalry past while your team underachieves once again in the NCAA tournament is not a classy way to go out. Another Example of PU's sad obsession with IU. The little brother syndrome continues on under Painter.

Purdue losing to Kansas was underachieving?

Pretty amazing statement considering the way peegs banned people. I got banned for using the term "creaning". Said I was flaming for using that term at the same time IU fans were doing the same thing.
I will say this. This forum is more tolerant although I was warned I'd be banned. Seemed a little sensitive at the time but I've tried being good.

"Amazing"? This board is way more tolerant that Gooey & Blech ever was or will be. And infinitely more civilized. The fact that you're here and on page three of a discussion (about a purdue player no less) without half a dozen infants questioning your manhood, intellect or genetic inheritance says it all. No way a thread like this could happen over there...

Reactions: kkott
I was surprised to not see Biggie in many of the draft projections. If teams draft on potential, I can't understand what they are waiting for with him. Edwards had a good year. I'm not sure what improvement he will make at the college level. I thought Edwards had a good chance to go to the NBA. I could see him interviewing and showing well in the workouts.

Swanigan is a mediocre athlete. Usually that plays a lot into a players "potential".

Biggie was a good college player whose limited athletic ability may limit him at the next level, a Tyler Hansborough without the intensity.

Last edited:
Biggie was a good college player whose limited athletic ability may limit him at the next level, a Tyler Hansborough without the intensity.

Good? I'd say he was an outstanding college player. I don't think he'll be a star in the league but think he can hang around for 10 years and make good money in the league.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT