ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie

The spiderman was a bad bad man. The Perfect Season was a real treat to watch this past spring. Brought back all the memories of watching iubb. Hope AM brings the magic back.
BW was one of my favorite IU players. At 6-7 he jumped center for an IU team that had a 6'11" All-American post player in Benson.

i was impressed with the clarity and preciseness of Swanigan's announcement. You can tell immediately the value of that PUke education. One intelligent announcement. I am sure all Broilees are proud.

i was impressed with the clarity and preciseness of Swanigan's announcement. You can tell immediately the value of that PUke education. One intelligent announcement. I am sure all Broilees are proud.

I am glad he was a boiler. I think iu fans would've been thrilled if he had played for them.

Reactions: Shuski and T.M.P.
Hater? I think your confused. I like CS. You also won a BIG that had zero teams in the top 16 during last week of the reg season. As the great Ryan Burr said on ESPN a few years ago... "You know the BIG is down when PU wins the conference." I guess he was right again this year. Hater? Lol Now, if you were a UK fan I would not disagree. I hate UK and cheer for PU except vs IU. I will say that I am happy to know PU's streak will be 40 years in 3 years.

I thought PU had the most big ten championships of all big 10 teams. Kind of a ridiculous statement...

Does PU still have the broom handle they used to knock the ball out of the peach basket when they were winning conference championships before WWII and before Chuck Taylors were invented?

Does PU still have the broom handle they used to knock the ball out of the peach basket when they were winning conference championships before WWII and before Chuck Taylors were invented?

In the last 30 years, purdue and iu have both won 5 conference championships. It's been awhile since both of us were winning conference championships on a consistent basis.

I would agree, but some say Yogi per all-time college stats.
Maybe some Purdue people might think that. Yogi is in a class with Michael Lewis, Tom Coverdale, and probably Damon Bailey. All players that stayed 4 years and put up good numbers, but not among the top guards at IU.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
12 of those conference championships came before 1941. In fact, any time you hear a stat about any historical item from PU hoops, it was because of the success PU had before WW2.
Purdue has no national championships but it's been 30 years since IU's last one. That seems quite historical to me.

Purdue has no national championships but it's been 30 years since IU's last one. That seems quite historical to me.
True but we played for 1 just 15 years ago along with another F4. It's not like we've not been there in 30 years. Also the past 15 years has been the 'dark days' of IU hoops, hopefully that's about to end. If I recall, you said IU would not fire Crean. Well....

Back to reality for Purdue. I don't see them any higher than 3rd in the B10 and losing in the first or second round of the tourney. Losing Swanigan will hurt, a lot. There was a reason why Haas lost his starting spot and the team wasn't playing as well with him in the game. He doesn't demand nearly the attention or create as many mismatch problems as Swanigan did. Big, big loss for them. They don't have anyone of note coming in to replace that depth in the frontcourt.

Back to reality for Purdue. I don't see them any higher than 3rd in the B10 and losing in the first or second round of the tourney. Losing Swanigan will hurt, a lot. There was a reason why Haas lost his starting spot and the team wasn't playing as well with him in the game. He doesn't demand nearly the attention or create as many mismatch problems as Swanigan did. Big, big loss for them. They don't have anyone of note coming in to replace that depth in the frontcourt.

It's definitely a big loss but I still expect a top 5 BT finish and winning a few games in the tournament. We'll need some of the newcomers to step up for sure.

It's definitely a big loss but I still expect a top 5 BT finish and winning a few games in the tournament. We'll need some of the newcomers to step up for sure.
That's fair. Not sure about winning a couple games in the tourney though. Like I said, realistically I don't see you guys any higher than 3rd at best and making the tourney. I just don't think you guys will be nearly as good offensively without Swanigan.

That's fair. Not sure about winning a couple games in the tourney though. Like I said, realistically I don't see you guys any higher than 3rd at best and making the tourney. I just don't think you guys will be nearly as good offensively without Swanigan.

It'll be interesting to see. I really like our senior class but a lot will depend on the newcomers. We'll need some legit contributions from them.

Isn't there a board in the vasty vastness of the web dedicated to purdue BB? There is? Oh that's right, recall it excels at banning posters that don't conform to arbitrary and capricious standards for civilized discourse leading to infestations by lonely and intellectually under-stimulated posters at other sites.

Oh the virtual stench of it all.

:D

The spiderman was a bad bad man. The Perfect Season was a real treat to watch this past spring. Brought back all the memories of watching iubb. Hope AM brings the magic back.
After the Perfect Season, IU had 4 out of 5 players make 1st team All-BT in the UPI coaches poll.The lone exception was Purdue's Bruce Parkinson at one of the guard spots. Bobby Wilkerson was third team.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Actually it's 6 for Indiana.

My apologies. I think I used 1990 as my cutoff. Going back 30 years, purdue has 7 (87, 88, 94, 95, 96, 10, and 17) and yeah iu has 6.

We were good before WW2, you were good up through the 80's, and we've been pretty similar in the last 30 when it comes to BT titles.

Biggie was PU's best player since Glenn Robinson. He will be missed.

Purdue will not be deep in the front court now if Haas gets in foul trouble.

My apologies. I think I used 1990 as my cutoff. Going back 30 years, purdue has 7 (87, 88, 94, 95, 96, 10, and 17) and yeah iu has 6.

We were good before WW2, you were good up through the 80's, and we've been pretty similar in the last 30 when it comes to BT titles.
Then IU has 7 if you go back 31 seasons to '87.

It's called social media shorthand, grandpa.

what time you heading over to gray brothers cafeteria for dinner? 3:30?

Loved the way that with this big announcement he chooses to focus on IU. He may have skipped his grammar class at PU but Got an A in IU Obsession 101.
I only took 2 psychology courses in college, but I can identify that Biggie is experiencing the inferiority complex suffered by those connected to Purdue athletics. Regardless of how well they do in a single season, the championships and history people remember at IU still gets the love from around the state.

"I fitted right in" is now social media shorthand for our PUke friends.

As a general rule, if you want to s**t talk someone it is best to be literate first.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
I only took 2 psychology courses in college, but I can identify that Biggie is experiencing the inferiority complex suffered by those connected to Purdue athletics. Regardless of how well they do in a single season, the championships and history people remember at IU still gets the love from around the state.

Well, that and the fact that the crowd chants and has signs about IU in every game in most sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT