ADVERTISEMENT

Biggie

choptalk

All-American
Aug 5, 2002
Just like Boiler fans glad to see certain IU players leave, I imagine most of you are hoping Biggie is gone. We should know soon. Usually it's your players making the decision.

Actually I'd like to see him stay. Don't see PU players like him but 1x every 15+ years. Also I like to see B10 teams winning in preseason and post season. Even if he returns, your guards better improve or it will be another SW16 and CS might be there for a 4th year. Good luck to you & him.

Just like Boiler fans glad to see certain IU players leave, I imagine most of you are hoping Biggie is gone. We should know soon. Usually it's your players making the decision.
My guess he and Edwards are both back. If so, they will be the odds on leaders to win the B1G and make a deep run in the NCAA.

Will Noejel (sp?) Eastern get Vince's backup minutes or back up 2 guard to Carsen? I know Eastern does not have VE length.

Sounds like Nojel can really play the 1-3 so he'll likely play all over the place. He's not as tall as Vince but he's close. He's probably 6'5/6'6 so he might play a role similar to Barlow (although not as athletic).

Since I love college basketball and really don't care for the NBA I like seeing kids stay in school.
Wow. Scott it seems rare when we agree on something.. Don't like the one and done rule but I understand why it happens. Just too much money at risk.

My guess he and Edwards are both back. If so, they will be the odds on leaders to win the B1G and make a deep run in the NCAA.
I was surprised to not see Biggie in many of the draft projections. If teams draft on potential, I can't understand what they are waiting for with him. Edwards had a good year. I'm not sure what improvement he will make at the college level. I thought Edwards had a good chance to go to the NBA. I could see him interviewing and showing well in the workouts.

Sounds like Nojel can really play the 1-3 so he'll likely play all over the place. He's not as tall as Vince but he's close. He's probably 6'5/6'6 so he might play a role similar to Barlow (although not as athletic).
Ok, what I was thinking. I've seen him listed at 6'5" but you never know til you see them on the roster. One site had yogi at 6'2" before he signed at IU. :)

Ok, what I was thinking. I've seen him listed at 6'5" but you never know til you see them on the roster. One site had yogi at 6'2" before he signed at IU. :)

6'2?! Which site? He's probably closer to 5'9 isn't he? I know he's not 6'0.

Yeah I've seen pictures of Nojel standing next to Painter and they're the same height and Painter is a legit 6'6 or so.

6'2?! Which site? He's probably closer to 5'9 isn't he? I know he's not 6'0.

Yeah I've seen pictures of Nojel standing next to Painter and they're the same height and Painter is a legit 6'6 or so.

That was back in 2010, but I think it was 247 (could be wrong) but they did correct it by his Jr year. Lol 5'11" is def generous for him.

Last edited:
Actually I'd like to see him stay. Don't see PU players like him but 1x every 15+ years. Also I like to see B10 teams winning in preseason and post season. Even if he returns, your guards better improve or it will be another SW16 and CS might be there for a 4th year. Good luck to you & him.
When was the last IU player to avg. 18.5 & 12.5? slow down hater! We also won the B1G last year with those horrible guards.

When was the last IU player to avg. 18.5 & 12.5? slow down hater! We also won the B1G last year with those horrible guards.
Hater? I think your confused. I like CS. You also won a BIG that had zero teams in the top 16 during last week of the reg season. As the great Ryan Burr said on ESPN a few years ago... "You know the BIG is down when PU wins the conference." I guess he was right again this year. Hater? Lol Now, if you were a UK fan I would not disagree. I hate UK and cheer for PU except vs IU. I will say that I am happy to know PU's streak will be 40 years in 3 years.

Reactions: Big Red Believer
Hater? I think your confused. I like CS. You also won a BIG that had zero teams in the top 16 during last week of the reg season. As the great Ryan Burr said on ESPN a few years ago... "You know the BIG is down when PU wins the conference." I guess he was right again this year. Hater? Lol Now, if you were a UK fan I would not disagree. I hate UK and cheer for PU except vs IU. I will say that I am happy to know PU's streak will be 40 years in 3 years.

Purdue won in 2010 and there were 4 B1G teams in the top 16 so I'll disagree with Mr. Burr there.

Purdue won in 2010 and there were 4 B1G teams in the top 16 so I'll disagree with Mr. Burr there.
I'm just popping off after being called a hater. Too funny, I've actually attended non IU-PU games in Mackey. Too funny.

Isaiah
Buckner
Eric Gordon-shorter career but better
Oladipo
Alford

Could consider Bailey & Mike Woodson too. Bailey Sr year was similar to Yogi's... however, Bailey had 4 good years with an E8 & F4 to add to his resume. Also Damon & mike were both drafted too.

Reactions: bsmitty08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT