ADVERTISEMENT

Big10/ACC Challenge

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
Think we should be finding out who our opponent is any day now (maybe today). Duke at AH for Coach K’s send off seems to make a ton of sense. Would he rather play anywhere else for his last Big10/ACC challenge game? Maybe against Izzo?

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Think we should be finding out who our opponent is any day now (maybe today). Duke at AH for Coach K’s send off seems to make a ton of sense. Would he rather play anywhere else for his last Big10/ACC challenge game? Maybe against Izzo?
so we can hear Vitale gush about K and the Dookies one last time. Can't wait.

I want UNC but we would be due to play them in Chapel Hill. But if I could choose, it would most definately be UNC.

It will be a team that finished around the same position in the ACC as IU finished in the Big Ten, which could be Duke or Carolina.

We finished 7-12 last year and have been MIA the national scene. Sure we want a UNC or a Duke, but Cuse is a “name” program. We could have ended up with a Boston College,Pitt, or Miami.

Reactions: kkott and Birnk403
note to CMW- don't bother calling Crean for a scouting report.

Guess we'll find out early on if we have a team of shooters.
We had shooters with Crean. It’s not totally about shooting against his type of zone(they extend way out on the court). Our bigs and their position behind the zone will play a big part. I watched Michigan continuously carve that zone up and dish to the baseline. While watching our bigs try to post up. It was ugly. Jordy dribble into traffic. I do think our shooting will be better.

We had shooters with Crean. It’s not totally about shooting against his type of zone(they extend way out on the court). Our bigs and their position behind the zone will play a big part. I watched Michigan continuously carve that zone up and dish to the baseline. While watching our bigs try to post up. It was ugly. Jordy dribble into traffic. I do think our shooting will be better.
So you're saying a guy that knows how to flash to the high post area and knock down shots would be good? I think we might have a guy who knows a thing or two about that.

Gonna be a good test. I wouldn’t mind beating the piss out of that zone this year. Bad taste in my mouth.
Hell we havent beaten them since 87 when it mattered most. They whipped us in 88 in NYC, squeaked by us in 90 in Maui, 98 in Maui, 2013 Sweet 16, and then following season. We owe them big time!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT