ADVERTISEMENT

BIG Title

CrazyHands

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
So we must sweep Rutgers and Michigan must go 1-2 against Nebraska for us to win. I would say there is an outside chance. Those canceled games sure do make a difference. Finishing second is also huge. I do NOT want to be third or below.

Reactions: mk23
Actually, I would somewhat disagree with the chances of sweeping Rutgers and having Mich going 1-2 against Neb. I think there is a fairly good chance that could happened. Rutgers has a RPI of 176 the last time I looked, and we have a good enough starting pitching rotation that I could see us sweeping them. Also, Neb, playing at home, is certainly capable of taking two of three against Mich. There are three teams breathing down our necks in Neb, Illinois, and Minn which are just one game behind us in the standings. If we stub our toe against Rutgers, we could potentially fall as far down as 6th in the standings. Having said that, I don't believe that will happen. Nebraska, which is currently tied with Illinois and Minnesota for 3rd place, will certainly be motivated when Mich comes to town.

Actually, I would somewhat disagree with the chances of sweeping Rutgers and having Mich going 1-2 against Neb. I think there is a fairly good chance that could happened. Rutgers has a RPI of 176 the last time I looked, and we have a good enough starting pitching rotation that I could see us sweeping them. Also, Neb, playing at home, is certainly capable of taking two of three against Mich. There are three teams breathing down our necks in Neb, Illinois, and Minn which are just one game behind us in the standings. If we stub our toe against Rutgers, we could potentially fall as far down as 6th in the standings. Having said that, I don't believe that will happen. Nebraska, which is currently tied with Illinois and Minnesota for 3rd place, will certainly be motivated when Mich comes to town.
I was thinking the same thing. Especially when I saw Ashley throw a bounce pass to Cross in the bottom of the 11th. Made me feel a little better. Kinda.

Michigan lost again so the title is ours to lose.
Things are falling into place just like we hoped it would. Needless to say, we can't fall asleep against Rutgers. They are capable of beating you if we don't bring our "A" game, but it looks like we are playing like the title is a stake.

Nice to see the home runs back. And solid defense. Strong pitching. Heck, we even bunted for a hit. Good time of the year to get on a roll.

Reactions: stollcpa
If (when) we win tonight wouldn’t that give us at least a share of the title?

No. Puts us up 1/2 game. If UM wins game and we lose tomorrow, then UM wins. Unbalanced schedule or rainout caused the 1/2 game difference.

I'll be there tomorrow to hopefully see a BIG title!
If Neb completes the sweep tonight (game is now scheduled for 10:45), we are guaranteed at least a share of the title with Neb. Both Ill and Minn lost today, so they are no longer part of the equation. If Mich salvages the series tonight, we will certainly have to win tomorrow, and I'm sure Rutgers would like to spoil that, but with Saalfrank on the mound, I'm not too concerned about that.

Reactions: ribbont
If Neb completes the sweep tonight (game is now scheduled for 10:45), we are guaranteed at least a share of the title with Neb. Both Ill and Minn lost today, so they are no longer part of the equation. If Mich salvages the series tonight, we will certainly have to win tomorrow, and I'm sure Rutgers would like to spoil that, but with Saalfrank on the mound, I'm not too concerned about that.
Saalfrank on the mound and several slumping hitters coming back to life. I'm not sure how the hell Rukkers has hit 2 home runs on us after totalling a whopping 15 on the year, but I like our chances. Come out slugging and don't let them off the canvas. Boom!! B1G Title in Mercer's first year. Pretty darned sweet!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT