ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten tournament cancelled

I feel terrible for Devonte Green and De'Ron Davis. Those two guys deserved to play in the NCAA Tournament. It would be nice to see IU honor them in some way.

Reactions: brianiu
march madness will follow..

Wouldn't rule out postponing the NCAA tournament for a few months. It counts for the vast majority of the NCAA's direct revenue, so they will be motivated to find alternatives. I'd say 80% chance they hold it in May/June if things have calmed by then

Wouldn't rule out postponing the NCAA tournament for a few months. It counts for the vast majority of the NCAA's direct revenue, so they will be motivated to find alternatives. I'd say 80% chance they hold it in May/June if things have calmed by then
dont see how they pull that off. Is everyone going to keep practicing for 3 months? including bubble teams who don't end up making it? I don't see how that can happen. The season is over.

Maybe but that seems really impractical when you think about the logistics. Players are going to keep practicing until May or June? Seniors will be graduated by then, dorms closed, apartment leases ended. Where will they live? etc.

Miller probably talking trash to Lunardi right now. If he’s sitting on a chair, do his feet reach the floor?
Tell ya what. Go around this weekend, ask anybody you see under 5' 10" if their feet touch the floor when they are sitting.

Not hapoening players will be getting ready for the nba draft or starting new jobs,etc.

Maybe but that seems really impractical when you think about the logistics. Players are going to keep practicing until May or June? Seniors will be graduated by then, dorms closed, apartment leases ended. Where will they live? etc.

Some dorms remain open over the summer, and for most teams, this would only be a week or 2,

Called it last night. I knew they would follow the nba..

IHSAA tournament and other spring sports (track and field, softball, baseball) will be next. I would not be surprised if most schools decide to end the school year at Spring Break.

Fisch predicted it on air last night and he's a straight shooter. Must have been the talk on press row...they knew where it was heading.

It's an easy call. Regardless of what they really think about the risks, nobody wants to publicly go against the tide on this. It's a classic case study in mass hysteria.

Reactions: kkott
Not hapoening players will be getting ready for the nba draft or starting new jobs,etc.

NBA draft could be tricky, but the draft will likely be delayed too, wouldn't be surprised for the NBA playoffs being held in June or even July. As for new jobs... for most players, this will only mean a week or 2 delay, I doubt very many will have jobs lined up that are that urgent with their start dates. At most, there would only be a few dozen that would not participate, out of the over 800 that are in the tournament

Last edited:
So none of this was done during the swine flu. No media panic nothing. Media didnt panic in the least.

NBA draft could be tricky, but the draft will likely be delayed too. As for new jobs... for most players, this will only mean a week or 2 delay, I doubt very many will have jobs lined up that are that urgent with their start dates
I just dont see it happening but hope i am wrong

Yep. It's the right thing to do. Not worth putting vulnerable people at risk. That said it's a shame for seniors all over the country. Lousy way to end their college careers.
So who is at risk if the fans are not allowed there, 20 year old athletes? I can understand not allowing fans but canceling everything is an overreaction. People are going to contact this one way or another and I doubt its going totally away in 3 weeks. Play the games with no crowd or mimimal crowd.

So who is at risk if the fans are not allowed there, 20 year old athletes? I can understand not allowing fans but canceling everything is an overreaction. People are going to contact this one way or another and I doubt its going totally away in 3 weeks. Play the games with no crowd or mimimal crowd.
My guess is because athletes (nba/soccer) are testing positive the powers that be fear transmission via sweat etc. and then the kids go home and pass it on....cancellation in an abundance of caution....

I'm sure you blame mass media for a lot of things that don't go well in your life. Sad.
No one has done this well. Not the President or most politicians, not the medical community, not foreign governments, not the media. The corner they’re standing in is getting very crowded.

Reactions: Radio Zero

The players/coaches still could pass it among themselves. I think that was the primary motivation when the NBA found out a player was infected. I really think Hoiberg being a complete numb nut last night and the panic that ensued pushed it over the edge

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT