ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Season Thread

It doesn’t matter. We’ll pick them off multiple times just like we did Fields last season. IU is the new DBU.

• Haha
Reactions: dimeforepps
I know OSU gets great talent and sure their QB room with new HS kid is even deeper now. But I don’t know any of them still green can come in and be totally lights out in the first year. Meaning if there is a year to potentially rattle & beat OSU, seems like this season.

I know OSU gets great talent and sure their QB room with new HS kid is even deeper now. But I don’t know any of them still green can come in and be totally lights out in the first year. Meaning if there is a year to potentially rattle & beat OSU, seems like this season.
The key to beating OSU will be slowing down their run game. IU proved last season at how they can disrupt an elite passing team, but it'll be for naught if Master Teague is able to roll up a couple hundred on the ground a la Zeke in 2017.

Great post.

Yep, OSU definitely reloads every season but, for what it's worth, Bill Connelly has them 124th nationally in returning production.

This is our year to pick 'em off!

The key to beating OSU will be slowing down their run game. IU proved last season at how they can disrupt an elite passing team, but it'll be for naught if Master Teague is able to roll up a couple hundred on the ground a la Zeke in 2017.
This guy is right, Indiana has the players DB's and wide outs to compete with OSU as we saw last year, the Hoosiers need to improve at the LOS if they want to consistently be a contender against those top teams though. Nick Sheridan gave up on the run game in the second quarter because the O-Line was getting obliterated to the point where Stevie Scott had to break tackles just to get back to the LOS. Even Penix, with an insanely quick release could barely stay upright in the game against OSU long enough for our Wide Receivers to get down field.

The same can be said for the defensive line, Wommack found ways to adapt to a lack of talent on the defensive front when OSU threw the ball, but the hoosiers defensive front was physically dominated against the run. That's why we brought in three transfers for next year on the d-line.

The hoosier offensive line will improve as much as Darren Hiller is able to develop them. Jordan Bedford and Caleb Jones are solid, but we need to develop the interior or the run game will not improve. I am optimistic that Ryder Anderson and Jaren Handy will be upgrades compared to last year. But I am not sure who will take Jerome Johnson's spot in the middle and he was the only above average player on the D-Line last year. Will be interesting to see the development of our linemen, because(assuming Penix stays healthy obviously) I think this Hoosier team will will only be limited by play at the line. I seriously think that IU has the skill positions to compete with anyone in the big ten, especially if the creative play calling continues. We will see right away if this defensive line is the real deal as I think Iowa has a top 5-10 Offensive line in the country, the boys will need to be ready right out of the gate.

This is the year IUFB can end the excuses people make for IUFB beating B1G teams. IU has had two good seasons in the B1G and this season there should be no reasons for wins other than IU is a better team than the opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT