ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten schedule on Fox right now

I guess it would be too much to expect it to be on the BTN site first.
What difference does it make ? Fox owns BTN - I imagine the network execs at Fox made the call to get a lead-in audience for their afternoon programming. It will probably be posted on the BTN site as soon as the show concludes. I don't see why it matters unless someone is just looking for another grievance to air and something else to bitch about. It must be miserable to always be looking for the negative in everything.

• Haha
Reactions: muubell and DANC
What difference does it make ? Fox owns BTN - I imagine the network execs at Fox made the call to get a lead-in audience for their afternoon programming. It will probably be posted on the BTN site as soon as the show concludes. I don't see why it matters unless someone is just looking for another grievance to air and something else to bitch about. It must be miserable to always be looking for the negative in everything.
Man, you're grouchy this morning.

Can’t see how that would be considered a home game for IU? It’s the same distance for each school. At best, that is considered a neutral site.

I guess that “home” doesn’t matter since they are playing to no fans.
I'm happy to be able to watch IU football on TV this fall. I'm happy the players get to have a season. Other than that, I don't think much else matters as far as schedule or records. If you aren't in the national playoff picture, I don't look for bowl games to even be a thing this year. They require an enormous amount of local community support and if fans are not travelling and attending, I don't see businesses in most of those locations having any interest in stepping up to make them happen.

I’d rather play literally anyone else from the West but Wisconsin. Other than that, it’s not bad.
I hope you are correct but I see only 3 wins and they are only “possibles”.
At Rutgers and home against MD and PU.
OSU is national champ caliber, UM and PSU lower but still top 10-20.
Would love to be wrong

Reactions: birdforbogey
I hope you are correct but I see only 3 wins and they are only “possibles”.
At Rutgers and home against MD and PU.
OSU is national champ caliber, UM and PSU lower but still top 10-20.
Would love to be wrong
So you don't see this IU team as an improvement over past teams? I see much more talented roster with experienced players coming back which should lead to a winning season.

PSU game will be one that determines the course of IU football for this season. Beat PSU and show they are a force in the B1G that others need to worry about. Build excitement about this season and ride it all the way to 8-0. IU will need several things to go their way - a much improved defense, a dynamic OC that takes advantage of the offensive talent, young WRs that become a force on the field to go with the returning proven talent, and a STs coach that really improves the STs.

So you don't see this IU team as an improvement over past teams? I see much more talented roster with experienced players coming back which should lead to a winning season.
I suspect we are better, but aren’t we young and with some new coaches? I think that makes the loss of practice more damaging to us. More of a disadvantage to us. I hope not and certainly time will tell

QB durability is a question mark. However, maybe Tuttle has improved enough to where he' could be an effective backup.

Not to be negative, but while we may be more talented and experienced, so are other teams.

But, if Penix can stay healthy and reaches his potential, it could be a special year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: td75
We’re really good this year guys. We’ll be in every single game but Ohio State. And I think we’ll hang around uncomfortably long for them. If (and it’s a big if) Penix stays healthy the sky’s the limit. Some of these schools haven’t even been working out and Penn State and Michigan have had guys sign with agents already. (Unless the NCAA lets them reverse course)

Reactions: ESalum86 and DANC
I'm happy to be able to watch IU football on TV this fall. I'm happy the players get to have a season. Other than that, I don't think much else matters as far as schedule or records. If you aren't in the national playoff picture, I don't look for bowl games to even be a thing this year. They require an enormous amount of local community support and if fans are not travelling and attending, I don't see businesses in most of those locations having any interest in stepping up to make them happen.
I think you’re living in the past. MSU is definitely a possible win, maybe probable.
I did have msu as my next hope for a win.

I know years of IU losing has made many pessimistic but come on maryland and rutgers are possible wins those are going to be wins unless IU shoots themselves in the foot multiple times.
Even though they have schiano rutgers still has some major problems that cant be fixed in 1 almost non existent off season and locksley is a terrible coach that manages to do less with more

Reactions: Chriselli and td75
Guys - this is a weird year. I wouldn’t read too much into wins or losses. It’s just a completely different environment. Effectively, crowds are out so everyone is in a level playing field there.

The thing that is going to be really it of sorts is the level of prep. Some teams are going to have some limited contact, some more. With the compressed camp, Schools are going to be working different things. You have players sitting out. If something comes up and a game gets dropped due to health of a team, now you have bye weeks for some.

I will enjoy watching but won’t get too worked up over wins or losses. These remind me of the 70s era when there were JV games in college. As a matter of fact, I believe that Corso’s JV squad beat some of the powers like OSU. The games didn’t count but they did have a JV schedule. This almost feels like that era. Kind of like scrimmages.

Guys - this is a weird year. I wouldn’t read too much into wins or losses. It’s just a completely different environment. Effectively, crowds are out so everyone is in a level playing field there.

The thing that is going to be really it of sorts is the level of prep. Some teams are going to have some limited contact, some more. With the compressed camp, Schools are going to be working different things. You have players sitting out. If something comes up and a game gets dropped due to health of a team, now you have bye weeks for some.

I will enjoy watching but won’t get too worked up over wins or losses. These remind me of the 70s era when there were JV games in college. As a matter of fact, I believe that Corso’s JV squad beat some of the powers like OSU. The games didn’t count but they did have a JV schedule. This almost feels like that era. Kind of like scrimmages.

Prior to freshman becoming eligible every school had a freshman team and they played a 2-3 game schedule.

This year is definitely weird but, respectfully, so is your analysis. Thankfully, this doesn't at all have the feel of the Corso era. I'm reminded more of the Mallory years. This team is very good and will knock off at least one of the big boys. As IU develops a national reputation and raises the bar in recruiting, wins matter in 2020 - - a lot - - and the games definitely count.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Can’t see how that would be considered a home game for IU? It’s the same distance for each school. At best, that is considered a neutral site.

I guess that “home” doesn’t matter since they are playing to no fans.

LOS with fans is an IU advantage. Without fans it is a neutral site.

This year is definitely weird but, respectfully, so is your analysis. Thankfully, this doesn't at all have the feel of the Corso era. I'm reminded more of the Mallory years. This team is very good and will knock off at least one of the big boys. As IU develops a national reputation and raises the bar in recruiting, wins matter in 2020 - - a lot - - and the games definitely count.
Maybe I should have clarified:

The post was not intended to compare teams and personnel. The personnel wasn’t my focus. It more had to do with the weird arrangement with no out of conference, the virus lingering around so that a team is prepping for a game on Thursday night and gets notice on Friday of a cancelled game. No fans. No tailgates.
The Corso freshman schedule was meant to illustrate a situation where two schools were playing each other, officially representing their universities, but only a handful were watching and it was staff and parents. You’ve got marquee names sitting out.

I think we are improved but if anybody thinks we have the roster strength of OSU, PSU and UM, they are fooling themselves. Hell.... MSU always has talent.....and people assume because of a new staff they are terrible?

I have no doubt we are probably in better shape than anytime in the last 30 years but the conference is loaded as well. Let’s face it: unless you are the top 4 teams in the country, there is no post season. How much this really impacts recruiting, hard to say.

Maybe I should have clarified:

The post was not intended to compare teams and personnel. The personnel wasn’t my focus. It more had to do with the weird arrangement with no out of conference, the virus lingering around so that a team is prepping for a game on Thursday night and gets notice on Friday of a cancelled game. No fans. No tailgates.
The Corso freshman schedule was meant to illustrate a situation where two schools were playing each other, officially representing their universities, but only a handful were watching and it was staff and parents. You’ve got marquee names sitting out.

I think we are improved but if anybody thinks we have the roster strength of OSU, PSU and UM, they are fooling themselves. Hell.... MSU always has talent.....and people assume because of a new staff they are terrible?

I have no doubt we are probably in better shape than anytime in the last 30 years but the conference is loaded as well. Let’s face it: unless you are the top 4 teams in the country, there is no post season. How much this really impacts recruiting, hard to say.
I disagree with your statement on MSU. There last 3 or 4 recruiting classes have been right around what ours are so yes they have talent but not to the level that OSU or Michigan has

I disagree with your statement on MSU. There last 3 or 4 recruiting classes have been right around what ours are so yes they have talent but not to the level that OSU or Michigan has

We play at MSU on 11/14 for the second straight year. I guess we’ll find out but if you are pointing to recruiting classes, well......

2016 - ranked 18th nationally.
2017 - ranked 33
2018 - ranked 26
2019 - ranked 32
2020 - ranked 36

MSU has history. Not sure where recruiting is suffering?

We play at MSU on 11/14 for the second straight year. I guess we’ll find out but if you are pointing to recruiting classes, well......

2016 - ranked 18th nationally.
2017 - ranked 33
2018 - ranked 26
2019 - ranked 32
2020 - ranked 36

MSU has history. Not sure where recruiting is suffering?
Didnt say it was suffering i was saying their recruiting is a lot closer to us than it is ohio state or michigan. Exception 2016

Vegas has our over/under win total at 5.5, sixth best in the Big Ten. In this abbreviated, all conference games season, that points to a winning record. Can't wait for October 24. Go Hoosiers!

I'm all-in on IU upsetting PSU to kick off the season. Last season was a heartbreaker because of (a) Whop's muffed punt after making PSU go 3 & out on the opening possession and (b) causing a fumble with the score 14-17 PSU and then giving it back on a fumble two plays later.

IU certainly didn't "give away" that game like they had at Minnesota two years ago, but they stood toe-to-toe with a big dog & some mistakes came back to bite them as it does in games against good teams.

And don't forget that two years ago, IU had the ball with a chance to win but got nothing going on the last minute drive.

Games with PSU have been a lot more even recently than they've been with say a UM or OSU. I like this is the first game on the schedule.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT