ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten respect.

band. The hundred is embarrassing, quiet, unskilled at marching, and just not very fun. In an era when marching bands have weekly (good) viral moments, IU is missing an opportunity for free recognition.

band. The hundred is embarrassing, quiet, unskilled at marching, and just not very fun. In an era when marching bands have weekly (good) viral moments, IU is missing an opportunity for free recognition.

They have the best collection of young musical talent on the planet on campus and they choose not to do anything with it.

Reactions: db.cooper
I notice that the marching 100 no longer plays the fight song of our opponents. Just another sign of how lazy that organization has become.
I'm not a marching band guy so I won't offer an opinion. But the Marching Hundred does in fact play the opponent's fight song, at least at every B1G game. That much I'm sure of.

They have the best collection of young musical talent on the planet on campus and they choose not to do anything with it.
IU should provide incentive to its music students to participate. If a marching band is beneath them, think of something else. It can't be beneath them to entertain people. That's all we want. You don't have to wear a silly uniform and march like Nazi as long as you play the music people like well.

It ain't rocket science.

I'm not a marching band guy so I won't offer an opinion. But the Marching Hundred does in fact play the opponent's fight song, at least at every B1G game. That much I'm sure of.
I didn't hear them play the Purdue fight song this year.

I can't speak to that since I was still trying to get into the stadium through the mile-long security line until almost kickoff. But I distinctly recall the opponent's fight song at every other conference game and the Ball State game as well.

Works cheap.

I'm not a marching band guy so I won't offer an opinion. But the Marching Hundred does in fact play the opponent's fight song, at least at every B1G game. That much I'm sure of.[/QUOTE

Don't think so....I was at the PSU, Iowa & Purdue games and did not see it.

Well.....I went back and looked at a pregame you tube of the Iowa game this year, and cougar is right. They did play Iowa's song. I sure don't remember that or them playing Hail Purdue.....but I was wrong on the Iowa game so I don't know.....

Reactions: DANC
IU should provide incentive to its music students to participate. If a marching band is beneath them, think of something else. It can't be beneath them to entertain people. That's all we want. You don't have to wear a silly uniform and march like Nazi as long as you play the music people like well.

It ain't rocket science.
The incentive is to be part of a quality operation and have the likelihood of being part of the Rose Bowl experience.

I notice that the marching 100 no longer plays the fight song of our opponents. Just another sign of how lazy that organization has become.

Lie. They played the opponent's fight song this year. Maybe you should try going to the games.

Maybe because some of the PU band was there to play it themselves. I don't recall that game cause I got through the gates about at kickoff.

You are making a big assumption that band members are music majors. Maybe you are right . I have no idea but I am inclined to think not.
Some are, some aren't. Majoring in music is not a requirement to join the Hundred.

ADVERTISEMENT