ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten coaches comments on their opponents.

You sure? Those comments from the other coaches don't seem on par for a team that you predicted is going to win 6-7 games.
That doesn't mean I'm not wrong. The defense does have some question marks and the secondary is a huge unknown, but the offense should be pretty good. I'm not sure the oline was as bad as they say it was last year, but it didn't help it lost its 3 interior guys right away after rushing for over 100 yards in the first two games. I think Purdue run game would really benefit from a speedier back. QB, I agree. Plummer needs to take a step this year, otherwise, may as well play Alaimo. Purdue did start 2-0 last year, gave NU all they wanted, then had the winning TD taken away vs minny before basically quiting on the season. And Purdue didn't get worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
That doesn't mean I'm not wrong. The defense does have some question marks and the secondary is a huge unknown, but the offense should be pretty good. I'm not sure the oline was as bad as they say it was last year, but it didn't help it lost its 3 interior guys right away after rushing for over 100 yards in the first two games. I think Purdue run game would really benefit from a speedier back. QB, I agree. Plummer needs to take a step this year, otherwise, may as well play Alaimo. Purdue did start 2-0 last year, gave NU all they wanted, then had the winning TD taken away vs minny before basically quiting on the season. And Purdue didn't get worse.

Did you mean a double negative in first sentence?

Reactions: BoilerN

Just to clarify, PU didn't have a winning TD taken away, PU never really had the TD. The TE pushed off on the Minny DB. The original TV angles never showed it so everyone went into an uproar but this angle clearly shows the Minny DB getting a stiff arm which halts the DB's movement, created separation and was illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Just to clarify, PU didn't have a winning TD taken away, PU never really had the TD. The TE pushed off on the Minny DB. The original TV angles never showed it so everyone went into an uproar but this angle clearly shows the Minny DB getting a stiff arm which halts the DB's movement, created separation and was illegal.

He extended it back, but the space was already there. Easily seen from the other angle. Pretty iffy call that could go either way. The ref from Minneapolis called it in favor of the home team. Happens.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He extended it back, but the space was already there. Easily seen from the other angle. Pretty iffy call that could go either way. The ref from Minneapolis called it in favor of the home team. Happens.
It was a pretty iffy call, agreed. Probably one where it should have been a play on. But you can't say the refs took the game away from Purdue. Your kicker was 1/3 (in a 3 point loss) and your QB threw an INT on the very next play inside the 20 on first down.

It was a pretty iffy call, agreed. Probably one where it should have been a play on. But you can't say the refs took the game away from Purdue. Your kicker was 1/3 (in a 3 point loss) and your QB threw an INT on the very next play inside the 20 on first down.
Oh. Purdue did their fair share to lose. Then after that game, the team more or less started going through the motions to get through the season. Testing and protocol was weighing on the team plus that loss took the wind out of the sails.

Like George said, have to finish this year. Which Purdue was the Purdue team last year? First 3 games or last 3 games? First 3 games Purdue was pretty good.

Like George said, have to finish this year. Which Purdue was the Purdue team last year? First 3 games or last 3 games? First 3 games Purdue was pretty good.
They were ok. Had a nice win against Iowa, struggled to beat a bad Illinois team down a ton of starters due to COVID and on a 4th string QB, and lost to Northwestern.

They were ok. Had a nice win against Iowa, struggled to beat a bad Illinois team down a ton of starters due to COVID and on a 4th string QB, and lost to Northwestern.
They were dominating Illinois and took their foot off the gas. Losing George didn't help that game. Hurt defensive line depth. Played NU real tough, with a chance to tie twice. I'm not saying they were world beaters, but if that was the actual Purdue of last year and they develop some, 6-7 wins is pretty feasible.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Ope. One of the coaches included Rondale Moore when talking about how good Purdue's WR's are. Shows just how much thought goes in to this. Grain of salt.

Oh. Purdue did their fair share to lose. Then after that game, the team more or less started going through the motions to get through the season. Testing and protocol was weighing on the team plus that loss took the wind out of the sails.

I knew PU had a streaky season, but the “go thru the motions” is a problem. That seems on the seniors and coaches.
I do not know, I was not there. But I would not want that to be descriptive of my team.

I knew PU had a streaky season, but the “go thru the motions” is a problem. That seems on the seniors and coaches.
I do not know, I was not there. But I would not want that to be descriptive of my team.
What seniors? But for real. I think it had to do with the weight of covid testing and the craziness internally that Diaco was causing. And by I think, I know. Diaco was a bad hire on Brohm's part. Diaco almost burned the building down. Luckily, Brohm got him out of there and actually made what looks like good hires on the defensive side. Hopefully the damage can be undone.

What seniors? But for real. I think it had to do with the weight of covid testing and the craziness internally that Diaco was causing. And by I think, I know. Diaco was a bad hire on Brohm's part. Diaco almost burned the building down. Luckily, Brohm got him out of there and actually made what looks like good hires on the defensive side. Hopefully the damage can be undone.
Diaco hasn’t been the same since the Civil ConFLiCT.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Sorry, I do not follow Pu.
I assume your comment means PU had few seniors ( that happens). But where were the coaches?
Covid was present for everyone.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT