ADVERTISEMENT

Big Donors

Brockettman

Freshman
Mar 6, 2020
There are donors with really deep pockets who will determine Archies fate . If some really big donors say they are not giving money to IU until We get a new coach then things might happen very fast . Money talks .The problem then would be who would we hire next .

There are donors with really deep pockets who will determine Archies fate . If some really big donors say they are not giving money to IU until We get a new coach then things might happen very fast . Money talks .The problem then would be who would we hire next .
For your information - the last year in which the list is complete - 2019 - all donors to all aspects of IU sports contributed 11.6 million dollars total. Just one non-sports contributor gave IU $60 million to study artificial intelligence. There are many more. Some don't care if IU even has a basketball team. They support many aspects of the university. The lists are easy to find. The big money doesn't go to sports.

For your information - the last year in which the list is complete - 2019 - all donors to all aspects of IU sports contributed 11.6 million dollars total. Just one non-sports contributor gave IU $60 million to study artificial intelligence. There are many more. Some don't care if IU even has a basketball team. They support many aspects of the university. The lists are easy to find. The big money doesn't go to sports.
I think you are referring to general donations. There are a lot of specific donations - golf course, assembly hall, baseball diamond, volleyball/wrestling facility- that generate multi-million $ for specific capital improvements. Per sources in the University - $$$ we not be a issue or a stumbling block for letting Archie go

Reactions: IUAPEX

Even Skynet would engineer a change . . .

I think you are referring to general donations. There are a lot of specific donations - golf course, assembly hall, baseball diamond, volleyball/wrestling facility- that generate multi-million $ for specific capital improvements. Per sources in the University - $$$ we not be a issue or a stumbling block for letting Archie go

Is that capital project money available top buy out a coaching contract?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Is that capital project money available top buy out a coaching contract?
No, but it is also not yearly donations either!
The $$$ are available for a buyout if Scott decides to go that route

Donors don’t have near the pull as they did in the past. Big Ten network has allowed them to shrug off donor demands.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
90% of fans would LOVE it. And the fanbase would at least triple. And IU would win hand over fist.
Pitino would never be offered the IU job, but it’s also a job he’d never accept given the low expectations for the program. Zero chance he ever comes.

Pitino is at Iona , and would jump at the chance at a major program . That being said , We should pass as there is to much baggage ,and we know what happened the last time we hired a coach with baggage .

Why would you want him?
I’m not sure I would, but he’s easily one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game. He would never consider coming to a place like IU. As an alum, it disturbs me how far we’ve fallen that we wouldn’t be seen as an outstanding opportunity for any coach, including someone as obviously good as RP. If you knew anything about the program, it would disturb you, too.

I’m not sure I would, but he’s easily one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game. He would never consider coming to a place like IU. As an alum, it disturbs me how far we’ve fallen that we wouldn’t be seen as an outstanding opportunity for any coach, including someone as obviously good as RP. If you knew anything about the program, it would disturb you, too.
As an alum, it shocks me that another “alum” would want a sleaze ball like Pitino representing the university. The last thing IU needs is someone like that running the program. Sampson was proof of that.

Reactions: F.Fletch
I don’t want to comment on RP. But I do think IU needs to make a real hire and soon. The CAM experiment has to end soon right? My expectations are extremely high, like 3.5 million high. What did he make this year, 400,000 dollars per win? It will irritate me if I actually look that up.

As an alum, it shocks me that another “alum” would want a sleaze ball like Pitino representing the university. The last thing IU needs is someone like that running the program. Sampson was proof of that.
You’re obviously not an alumnus, so please stop with that. And I didn’t say I wanted him, only that he’d never take a call from a program like IU that doesn‘t aspire to be elite (we don’t).

I don’t want to comment on RP. But I do think IU needs to make a real hire and soon. The CAM experiment has to end soon right? My expectations are extremely high, like 3.5 million high. What did he make this year, 400,000 dollars per win? It will irritate me if I actually look that up.
We talk a better game than we play. We aren’t really committed to winning at an elite level, and we haven’t been in years.

You clearly want him. It’s the reason multiple posters are giving you shit right now for suggesting it. You aren’t fooling anyone Ordy.
No alum would allow himself to get regularly pummeled by Purdue fans, as you do. And no IU alum would exhibit so little knowledge of the basketball program. You’re fooling no one. Stop pretending.

No alum would allow himself to get regularly pummeled by Purdue fans, as you do. And no IU alum would exhibit so little knowledge of the basketball program. You’re fooling no one. Stop pretending.
41 years since your team made the Final 4, Ordy. I completely understand why you want to be an IU fan.

Reactions: Radio Zero
41 years since your team made the Final 4, Ordy. I completely understand why you want to be an IU fan.
Nope, mine was in it 19 years ago. Of course, you have no idea about that, since you’re not an IU alum. You’ve already admitted you know nothing about the basketball program, so please drop the idiotic charade. You willingly let Purdue people pummel you. Doesn’t that hurt, just a little?

Nope, mine was in it 19 years ago. Of course, you have no idea about that, since you’re not an IU alum. You’ve already admitted you know nothing about the basketball program, so please drop the idiotic charade. You willingly let Purdue people pummel you. Doesn’t that hurt, just a little?
41 years.

A couple of points. We know two sisters that played basketball at IU in the 70's. One sister is close with the athletic program and a recent past president of the I Association and the other lives out of state and has season tickets so she can come to a few games per year. The latter is a big enough donor that she is included in a conference call with the AD. I understand the call updates the donors on upgrades and progress of the programs.

Besides money, these donors contribute their opinions on the state of the department. I'm told the discussions are civil, but the types of questions clearly identify what these people are concerned about. What concerns the donors also concerns the athletic department.

I have heard McRobbie leaving this year makes removing Archie more likely. It is understood that McRobbie doesn't want to leave any program in a position that the new president will have to correct.. Dealing with a program where the fanbase will boo their coach and players next year isn't a position a new president wants to be in. The new president won't have any allegiance to Archie or any coach. All they will think is the ugliness was clearly evident in the prior year and preventable .reasonable minds will come to the conclusion that a change is inevitable and more damage will come from waiting another year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT