ADVERTISEMENT

Big Bacon Transferring

Fairly dissapointing. I think that he could’ve really helped that rushing attack. Once he got going, watch out. Good change of pace back from our speed backs. But, we have depth there.

Reactions: 82hoosier and td75
Just wonder if they gave him some consideration on the DL.. I could have seen him going to 290 and still be agile at the position.

Hate to see him go. Wish the best of luck. Must have been something we didn't see,

Sad news. I liked that kid. Whole offensive line seemed to ratchet it up when he came in...and I didn't blame them...who'd want drilled in the back by that load? Reminds me of that other really big back we had that transferred then ended up playing for the Bengals. Can't remember his name right now.

I would have to agree. In addition to the Penn State game where he decided to just run up the middle for four straight plays when we were two yards away from a game-winning touchdown, he also made a terrible decision at home against Kentucky. The Wildcats had run a play that DiNardo thought was going to be placed on the three yard line, so DiNardo turned down a penalty against Kentucky to force fourth down. Instead, the ball was placed inside the IU one yard line, and Jared Lorenzen had no problem just sneaking it in for the TD.

He also ran off quite a few players with his fitness test, so we only had 38 players by season's end. I can't remember which season that was.

Reactions: mk23
A player that transferred and doesn’t get much mention is Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis.... transfers from IU after two years and is top 5 RB in the SEC for two straight years before going to the NFL ..... I think IU split time with him in the backfield.

Reactions: mk23 and ESalum86
That's funny you mention that UK game. I was at that game and nobody understood what Dinardo did there. I'm still not sure I know what he did, but it was GOOFY!

As I stated the other day, Indiana has made their road to football glory much harder with so many rotten coaching hires. Football is the one sport where you absolutely need good coaching. You can't just trot out one all star player, a la basketball, and have a good season.

Reactions: mk23 and ESalum86
Good luck to him.

One of the more over hyped recruits this board has ever seen. The former 2nd coming of Ron Dayne although he had no major offers. Good times.

What's a Bobcat?

eg-1051-sized.jpg

I hope he does well there, I will be keeping an eye on Montana State's box scores. But that kind of tells you (IMO) his talent level and probably why he was buried on our depth chart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT