ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's Age

Last edited:
He’s fat but I have no idea if he’s physically healthy. Mentally he seems fine. Nuts but not in decline. Biden seems mentally in decline. that’s just an observation on an anonymous msg board. I have no idea if that’s true. Just my perception. We’ll know during the debates etc. at this point if he chose warren I would vote against him.
You wrote, "Nuts but not in decline." About Trump, you say, "Mentally he seems fine." Amazing display of illogic.

Trump has been in office for 3 1/2 years. His track record is, well, devoid of following an actual intended path on any policy. He has not only been making crazy speeches but has been signing goofy executive orders and taking ill-advised official action in many areas, such as his erratic, bonkers hirings and firings.

While you claim to judge Biden solely on the basis of speeches and pontificating that you think Biden is "in decline", you perform no equivalent analysis of Trump's speech failures such as forgetting what country his own father was born in !!

The body of evidence is overwhelming that Trump is not all there, both from Trump's meandering speeches as well as his goofy orders. Your "perception" that Trump is "fine" makes no sense except to the other Trump fanboys.

How in the world can you possibly state that a man (Trump) is mentally "fine" even after he forgets the country where his father was born?

You wrote, "Nuts but not in decline." About Trump, you say, "Mentally he seems fine." Amazing display of illogic.

Trump has been in office for 3 1/2 years. His track record is, well, devoid of following an actual intended path on any policy. He has not only been making crazy speeches but has been signing goofy executive orders and taking ill-advised official action in many areas, such as his erratic, bonkers hirings and firings.

While you claim to judge Biden solely on the basis of speeches and pontificating that you think Biden is "in decline", you perform no equivalent analysis of Trump's speech failures such as forgetting what country his own father was born in !!

The body of evidence is overwhelming that Trump is not all there, both from Trump's meandering speeches as well as his goofy orders. Your "perception" that Trump is "fine" makes no sense except to the other Trump fanboys.

How in the world can you possibly state that a man (Trump) is mentally "fine" even after he forgets the country where his father was born?
Yeah maybe you’re right. Maybe trump is losing it. I don’t know. The difference is that trump’s behavior seems in keeping with his history of behavior imo. Biden seems like he’s changed since his vice presidency, as outlined in the article from the wash post.

It’s a hell of a commentary that these are the two men we have to choose from. We’re debating if either or both are mentally unstable.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe you’re right. Maybe trump is losing it. I don’t know. The difference is that trump’s behavior seems in keeping with his history of behavior imo. Biden seems like he’s changed since his vice presidency, as outlined in the article from the wash post.

It’s a hell of a commentary that these are the two men we have to choose from. We’re debating if either or both are mentally unstable.
Only in part.

We are also debating (though it's not really much of a debate) which of them is more moral, which is more interested in Improving the welfare of the country (instead of improving his own status and reputation) and, frankly, which is more dangerous to the country.

I would think Trump is the only President other than Buchanan that so many people have ever considered to be a substantial danger to the country.

Reactions: TommyCracker
This times 10,000.

Even if Biden turns into a mental vegetable, he still doesn't pose near the danger that the reality TV star has already shown.

What's rich is a party that has consistently throw up octogenarian after old, dried up octogenarian in my lifetime now try to weaponize age ism. That's rich.

Besides, Biden isn't laughed at by world leaders. Biden doesn't suggest people to drink bleach. Biden understands how important our allies are to foreign policy. Biden understands that there is more to policy than just trying to reverse everything the previous administration has done (which is basically his to do list).

Even Fox News has noticed and is reporting on Trump's lack of mental aptitude. Lol

Tbf Mac, A POTUS is about the person as much as his policies. A good POTUS will be a good manager as well as a leader. Look at the poor example that Trump has been for the next generation of kids. How do you rationalise his behaviour to your own kids?

Moreover, being a horrible character, he seems to be a believer of crony capitalism. He has accelerated the corruption of an already damaged system; broken all the walls of decency and conventional decorum.

Biden by all accounts seems to be a centrist, a decent person who probably is in a better person to empathise with the plight of the poor, or people who will be struggling after the wreckage of the Covid-19 than say a Trump. If he so chooses Warren so be it. A person with the right heart though you may not always agree with all her policies. (Though I will agree with some of her positions esp on healthcare.)

As Twenty succinctly said, he rather vote for a corpse than Trump.

But for all Trump's flaws, he has been enabled by McTurtle. I would rather have McTurtle out if given a choice of Trump or McTurtle.

He has to be the first to go.

Tbf Mac, A POTUS is about the person as much as his policies. A good POTUS will be a good manager as well as a leader. Look at the poor example that Trump has been for the next generation of kids. How do you rationalise his behaviour to your own kids?

Moreover, being a horrible character, he seems to be a believer of crony capitalism. He has accelerated the corruption of an already damaged system; broken all the walls of decency and conventional decorum.

Biden by all accounts seems to be a centrist, a decent person who probably is in a better person to empathise with the plight of the poor, or people who will be struggling after the wreckage of the Covid-19 than say a Trump. If he so chooses Warren so be it. A person with the right heart though you may not always agree with all her policies. (Though I will agree with some of her positions esp on healthcare.)

But for all Trump's flaws, he has been enabled by McTurtle. I would rather have McTurtle out if given a choice of Trump or McTurtle.

That’s a matter of opinion, like all things. I care more about policy than the person. I can explain right from wrong to my kid. I can’t explain to her why the business is shut down because of taxes, regs and wage hikes, by way of simplistic example. As for Warren having the right “heart,” that too is a loaded morality question. Warren supports later term abortions (post 20 weeks). To me that’s immoral.

Trump had the lowest unemployment rate among minorities in over 50 years. Employment over handouts is morality to me.

Perhaps we ought not be thinking as much with our heart and more with our head. Trump is vile, but if he employs more people than his heartfelt opponent, that’s what matters. Let parents teach morality. Hell my kid pays zero attention to trump. Zero. If I go in her room I hear arianna grande. I’m far more worried about her influence on her than trump’s.

This virus has left us in unchartered waters. Two things should motivate the election: who is best suited to oversee a recovery and who is best equipped to handle the pandemic. I couldn’t care less how they behave otherwise.

Last edited:
Check the time he wrote that. Probably didn’t have his adderral yet. I was hungover as hell one day about five years ago and my paralegal asked me what was wrong. I told her I feel like a truck hit me and I have a hearing. She goes here take this. Adderral. I took that thing and next thing you know I was doing 60 in a 30 contemplating how I could cure cancer. Haven’t taken one since but damn I see how one could get addicted.

it works better if you grind it up and snort it

That’s a matter of opinion, like all things. I care more about policy than the person. I can explain right from wrong to my kid. I can’t explain to her why the business is shut down because of taxes, regs and wage hikes, by way of simplistic example.
It's more than a question of policy differences. It's the fundamental structure of our republic that is being damaged.

Reactions: cosmickid
It's more than a question of policy differences. It's the fundamental structure of our republic that is being damaged.
I don’t see that from where I sit in the cheap seats. Legislature is doing it’s thing. Courts are available for redress. Agencies operating. I just see politics. And in nov an election.

People come and go. Policies and decisions endure. Carter was a good person as president. He was quite ineffective. Clinton was not a good person as president. He accomplished more than Carter.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That’s a matter of opinion, like all things. I care more about policy than the person. I can explain right from wrong to my kid. I can’t explain to her why the business is shut down because of taxes, regs and wage hikes, by way of simplistic example. As for Warren having the right “heart,” that too is a loaded morality question. Warren supports later term abortions (post 20 weeks). To me that’s immoral.

Trump had the lowest unemployment rate among minorities in over 50 years. Employment over handouts is morality to me.

Perhaps we ought not be thinking as much with our heart and more with our head. Trump is vile, but if he employs more people than his heartfelt opponent, that’s what matters. Let parents teach morality. Hell my kid pays zero attention to trump. Zero. If I go in her room I hear arianna grande. I’m far more worried about her influence on her than trump’s.

This virus has left us in unchartered waters. Two things should motivate the election: whose best suited to oversee a recovery and whose best equipped to handle the pandemic. I couldn’t care less how they behave otherwise.

The dominant lesson of this pandemic is that our government had grown to be excessively bureaucratic and that played into lack of preparation and inability to rapidly respond. The first thing that was done at every single level of government was to declare a national emergency, 50 state emergencies, and countless local emergencies. The practical effect of emergency declarations is to sweep away government red tape. A recovery will also require a bureaucratic housecleaning. If anybody is steeped in the problems of excessive bureaucracy it would be a land developer/builder. Trump is the right person for the job that needs to be done.

The dominant lesson of this pandemic is that our government had grown to be excessively bureaucratic and that played into lack of preparation and inability to rapidly respond. The first thing that was done at every single level of government was to declare a national emergency, 50 state emergencies, and countless local emergencies. The practical effect of emergency declarations is to sweep away government red tape. A recovery will also require a bureaucratic housecleaning. If anybody is steeped in the problems of excessive bureaucracy it would be a land developer/builder. Trump is the right person for the job that needs to be done.
The last thing we need is more taxes, more bureaucracy, more govt employees asleep at the wheel climbing the general schedule.

If anybody is steeped in the problems of excessive bureaucracy it would be a land developer/builder. Trump is the right person for the job that needs to be done.

giphy.gif

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Discussion of Biden's mental health is fair game.
So is the discussion of Trump's mental health.

i think that both have age-related decline, but Biden seems mentally, physically, and intellectually more fit than Trump.

You need to listen to scientists, not politicians.

It binds to and blocks the hERG calcium ion channel, which regulates heartbeat. So it has a cardiovascular risk that is substantial.

Plus, it doesn't work vs. COVID-19.
summary here: https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/05/22/hydroxychloroquine-enough-already
As you state HCQ can cause heart rhythm issues. When given with certain other meds you can see a prolongation of the QT interval.

orange man bad?

Dude you made a nonsensical post about Biden "being confused", and I posted one of hundreds of vehicles out there showing Trump writing the book on ignorance and confusion. He literally asked which "Columbia" the reporter was referring to when the reporter asked him a question about renewed FARC threats in Columbia. Do you think for a minute Biden doesn't know who the FARC guerillas are, or the COUNTRY of COLUMBIA for that matter?

Biden's little finger knows more than Trump's obtuse head about geopolitical realities and world leaders. This tact of trying to portray an ignoramus like Trump as more astute than an accomplished statesman like Biden on world matters is beyond asinine.

Got a link that isn't behind the WAPO paywall? My monthly allotment of free articles is up. Btw, I can tell this is an editorial, but not who the author is. Is this someone reputable, who also realizes Trump is every bit as "deranged" as he may be claims Biden is? Like I said, all I get is the title and the WAPO OPINION byline...

Dude you made a nonsensical post about Biden "being confused", and I posted one of hundreds of vehicles out there showing Trump writing the book on ignorance and confusion. He literally asked which "Columbia" the reporter was referring to when the reporter asked him a question about renewed FARC threats in Columbia. Do you think for a minute Biden doesn't know who the FARC guerillas are, or the COUNTRY of COLUMBIA for that matter?

Biden's little finger knows more than Trump's obtuse head about geopolitical realities and world leaders. This tact of trying to portray an ignoramus like Trump as more astute than an accomplished statesman like Biden on world matters is beyond asinine.

Got a link that isn't behind the WAPO paywall? My monthly allotment of free articles is up. Btw, I can tell this is an editorial, but not who the author is. Is this someone reputable, who also realizes Trump is every bit as "deranged" as he may be claims Biden is? Like I said, all I get is the title and the WAPO OPINION byline...

orange man def bad

bro I wasn’t talking about trump, talking about Biden. But trump gets you so wet you just can’t help yourself

I don’t see that from where I sit in the cheap seats. Legislature is doing it’s thing. Courts are available for redress. Agencies operating. I just see politics. And in nov an election.

Courts are being stacked, to the detriment of people who have worked hard to gain some measure of equality. When you basically allow the Federalist Society who represents fringe interests to reshape the Federal Court system in their image- then it's time for a change.

Courts are being stacked, to the detriment of people who have worked hard to gain some measure of equality. When you basically allow the Federalist Society who represents fringe interests to reshape the Federal Court system in their image- then it's time for a change.
Courts are being stacked lmao. That’s politics. If it were the Dems doing it you’d be fine. That’s the spoils of winning. Equality. That’s as dumb as the Uswnt crying for equality and bitching about the judge bc he ruled based on the law not public whining.

orange man def bad

bro I wasn’t talking about trump, talking about Biden. But trump gets you so wet you just can’t help yourself

Well actually I didn't intend to post the comment to you in my above post-I just forgot to delete it when I made the post replying to mcmurtry so it was included unintentionally. I guess I have similar issues to Biden and Trump, since I forget to do things like clear out my reply box from a previous draft.

I just think these petty attacks on Biden's "mental decline" are beyond ridiculous when his opponent is Donald (I can't speak English) Trump. Don't even remember what the Biden gaffe you posted even dealt with. But I am 100% certain if a reporter asked Biden in a press Conference his views on the increasing threat of FARC Guerillas in Columbia, that Biden would UNDERSTAND the question and KNOW the pertinent terminology.

He wouldn't stand there and say "Columbia? What Columbia? Are you talking about the country of Columbia"?_ No Donnie we mean the Columbia River Gorge in Wash State- moron... He would also know what FARC is- because those are things a POTUS should KNOW. Biden might wonder why the reporter was referring to the subject, but he'd at least UNDERSTAND/COMPREHEND the question. In geopolitical terms Trump is an IMBECILE.

You need to listen to scientists, not politicians.

It binds to and blocks the hERG calcium ion channel, which regulates heartbeat. So it has a cardiovascular risk that is substantial.

Plus, it doesn't work vs. COVID-19.
summary here: https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/05/22/hydroxychloroquine-enough-already

what is. substantial? Of course patients should be monitored, but is there really a substantial risk of arrhythmia for those patients who are not pre-disposed?

Federalist society fringe? LMAO. Do you have any clue about the jurisprudence of Gorsuch or Kavanaugh about equality or anything else? You need to stop watching and reading CNN and VOX.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Well actually I didn't intend to post the comment to you in my above post-I just forgot to delete it when I made the post replying to mcmurtry so it was included unintentionally. I guess I have similar issues to Biden and Trump, since I forget to do things like clear out my reply box from a previous draft.

I just think these petty attacks on Biden's "mental decline" are beyond ridiculous when his opponent is Donald (I can't speak English) Trump. Don't even remember what the Biden gaffe you posted even dealt with. But I am 100% certain if a reporter asked Biden in a press Conference his views on the increasing threat of FARC Guerillas in Columbia, that Biden would UNDERSTAND the question and KNOW the pertinent terminology.

He wouldn't stand there and say "Columbia? What Columbia? Are you talking about the country of Columbia"?_ No Donnie we mean the Columbia River Gorge in Wash State- moron... He would also know what FARC is- because those are things a POTUS should KNOW. Biden might wonder why the reporter was referring to the subject, but he'd at least UNDERSTAND/COMPREHEND the question. In geopolitical terms Trump is an IMBECILE.

FARC? Columbia? Are you kidding? Part of being an executive is knowing when to give a shit. We spend billions on the state department and intelligence agencies whose day to day job is to pay attention to FARC. I’m good with that.

Debating the cognitive differences between Biden and rump might fill some time until the election. But if they both are on their "A" game rump starts as narcissist who doesn't read and always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. If he was perfect rump still loses the debate.

Reactions: cosmickid

If you watch Trump speaking and in interviews from the past you will notice a big difference . He actually had a vocabulary stronger than a fifth grader. His odd gait, way of standing, his surprise emergency trip to the hospital, his numerous rumors of Adderall abuse all make for questions about Trump’s mental decline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT