ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Vaccine/no mask

You can't count.

I asked what one person (Trump) did to encourage Trump followers to get vaccinated. You didn't come up with one single thing.

I didn't ask what one million other people supposedly did.
Why do you think 1 million per day did it if he didn't encourage it?

You're slow.

Reactions: stollcpa
CNN reported a few minutes ago that daily vaccinations of Americans now exceed 400,000 and is trending upward.

Nothing like a rash or fires to cause people to get fire insurance.
Yeah, good job, Biden. It was over 1 million per day when you took over and now it's down to 400,000.

Fabulous job!

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No, unlike you, I'm quite self-aware. I'm a liberal Democrat, and I have biases I must guard against because of that. But the discussion at hand isn't even a partisan one. It's simply a matter of your inability to properly understand the English language.
You do a piss poor job of 'guarding against that'.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who pays attention.

This is very positive news and highlights some of the poor reporting of anecdotal breakthrough infections. This is the news that should be amplified to urge the hesitant folks to get the vaccine.

Study: Less than 1% of fully vaccinated people experiencing breakthrough COVID infections​

If Lucy had a wife (by some miracle), this would be her:

EcaQTfoWoAAQ1Je.jpg:large

Reactions: DANC
Did Biden not tell us that we wouldn’t need masks if vaccinated? One month ago or six months ago doesn’t matter. The CDC just told us we’re going to need masks now. Biden was full of shit.

Betcha blue state governors are going to close down their states again and red will stay open.

Then in 2022 voters will have a choice.
We need voter id's to insure a fair election. Let's get rid of this mail in voting.

Reactions: DANC
First thing I see when the article loads is “3 months ago.”

Do you even try or just grasping at straws? Would’ve been nice if we could’ve had 70-80% vaccinated by early June and be rid of this thing. But..
If Democrats care so much about vaccinations then why did they open up the southern border where people with covid have come into the country? Why is the black community only at 30% vaccinated? The mayor of Boston the other day was defending NOT getting vaccinated. Do you know why vaccinated people have to wear masks? It is because of the Delta Variant. Now how did this Variant come about? I was watching a segment on MSNBC, and a doctor said the Variant came about because the Covid virus is trying to get around the roadblock we put in front of it. What is the roadblock? It was the first vaccine. Covid has mutated because of the first vaccine, which means this is another example of unintended consequences by the government or it was done on purpose. If the Delta Variant is deadlier then we should call into question these booster shots. Do we want an even more deadly Covid Variant in the future?

If Democrats care so much about vaccinations then why did they open up the southern border where people with covid have come into the country? Why is the black community only at 30% vaccinated? The mayor of Boston the other day was defending NOT getting vaccinated. Do you know why vaccinated people have to wear masks? It is because of the Delta Variant. Now how did this Variant come about? I was watching a segment on MSNBC, and a doctor said the Variant came about because the Covid virus is trying to get around the roadblock we put in front of it. What is the roadblock? It was the first vaccine. Covid has mutated because of the first vaccine, which means this is another example of unintended consequences by the government or it was done on purpose. If the Delta Variant is deadlier then we should call into question these booster shots. Do we want an even more deadly Covid Variant in the future?
There is so much misinformation there, it's hard to know where to even START.

Ok, viruses mutate when they replicate. It is part of evolution, which you don't "believe" in. Mutation is driven by LACK of vaccinations.

I could go on, but you won't listen.

Please stop being so dumb.

Variant came about because the Covid virus is trying to get around the roadblock we put in front of it
So the virus has a collective mind that allows it to "see" a roadblock and jointly develop a strategy to overcome said roadblock and opt to alter its own genetic structure, is that a theory you accept.

All viruses mutate, they do. It works as a defense for them, but it is simply an error in copying genetic structure. Much like playing the old game telephone with a large group. What matters is number of infected. The more hosts, the more Virus there is, the more errors in copying. Play telephone with one other person, not hard for that person to repeat what you told them. Now play with 250 people, no way person 250 repeats back what person 1 said.

Since vaccinations reduce the number infected they reduce mutations.

But to give you a fair chance, right now make a change to your own genetic code and tell us how easy it was. Without using technology like contact lenses, change your eye color. If you cannot do that, how can a virus?

Reactions: UncleMark
To add, vaccines are unlike therapeutics, when it comes to variants and the emergence of resistance. With a therapeutic, a certain number of pathogens mutate, survive the therapeutic, replicate, and create a dominant resistant variant in the treated population.

With a vaccine, it's the unvaccinated that, by random mutations, allow resistance to emerge. The vaccinated in this case DO NOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL to the emergence of new strains

Reactions: UncleMark
To add, vaccines are unlike therapeutics, when it comes to variants and the emergence of resistance. With a therapeutic, a certain number of pathogens mutate, survive the therapeutic, replicate, and create a dominant resistant variant in the treated population.

With a vaccine, it's the unvaccinated that, by random mutations, allow resistance to emerge. The vaccinated in this case DO NOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL to the emergence of new strains
Wait a minute - above, you said the virus mutates as part of evolution. You didn't distinguish between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Did you forget your political mantra there?

So the virus has a collective mind that allows it to "see" a roadblock and jointly develop a strategy to overcome said roadblock and opt to alter its own genetic structure, is that a theory you accept.

All viruses mutate, they do. It works as a defense for them, but it is simply an error in copying genetic structure. Much like playing the old game telephone with a large group. What matters is number of infected. The more hosts, the more Virus there is, the more errors in copying. Play telephone with one other person, not hard for that person to repeat what you told them. Now play with 250 people, no way person 250 repeats back what person 1 said.

Since vaccinations reduce the number infected they reduce mutations.

But to give you a fair chance, right now make a change to your own genetic code and tell us how easy it was. Without using technology like contact lenses, change your eye color. If you cannot do that, how can a virus?
You're trying to discuss genetics with a young Earth Creationist???

That's just trolling.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT