ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Townhall

81 million votes is why Americans are stupid. idiot!
A new sentence requires capitalization. Go ask your friends at the gas station tonight. They may be able to help you.

You should definitely go back and get your GED. I know you were torn on that issue.

Oh no! McMurtry is doing his DANC impression and giving me a laugh for every post!

The guy is too lazy to come up with his own ideas. 🤣

'Geez, stoll. You have issues to work out. It's obviously an answer...an answer you don't like, but an answer nonetheless.

I'm sorry about your difficult year, but it's positive that you recognize it's been tough on a lot of folks. That gives me hope that you'll be able to free yourself from the bitterness. Being older, white, and a man have nothing to do with what ails you. Look at mcm...he's all of those things and a veritable fountain of joy. You'd be better off stopping looking for things to blame it on and find the answers inside you. ;)
My friends think I am a fountain of joy. 😊Only assholes on here bring out my SOB side. 😂

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
A new sentence requires capitalization. Go ask your friends at the gas station tonight. They may be able to help you.

You should definitely go back and get your GED. I know you were torn on that issue.
mmmk jackass. Don't get shot or robbed tonight walking around downtown Chicago.

Reactions: Excellent Post
81 million votes is why Americans are stupid. idiot!
But, OK, then are you saying Trump lost because he didn't attract enough "stupid" voters?

Keep going. You sound like you may know what you're talking about.

That's why he's so dangerous. Senile plus he knows he's a one termer. At least if cackling Kamala took over she would have an incentive to move to the center .
Wow. You wrote, "plus he knows he's a one termer." That's adventurous!

No matter how much the radical right (i.e. you) harps on senility etc. (Y-A-W-N), there's no way for you to know Biden's condition, since you have never ever met Biden or seen him up close. You just plain don't know his condition.

Biden is more likely to get reelected and serve out a second term (until 2028) than Trump is likely to dodge prison until 2028.

I'd much rather risk Biden's uncertainties than Trump's.

Wow. You wrote, "plus he knows he's a one termer." That's adventurous!

No matter how much the radical right (i.e. you) harps on senility etc. (Y-A-W-N), there's no way for you to know Biden's condition, since you have never ever met Biden or seen him up close. You just plain don't know his condition.

Biden is more likely to get reelected and serve out a second term (until 2028) than Trump is likely to dodge prison until 2028.

I'd much rather risk Biden's uncertainties than Trump's.
you think. you think an 82 year old biden would do well in three debates with a 44 year old desantis?

mmmk jackass. Don't get shot or robbed tonight walking around downtown Chicago.
Don’t make love to livestock while wondering around a field tonight. You think the sheep don’t know, but they do. They see the desire in your eyes.

By the way, the “M” in mmmk should be capitalized. It’s the begging of what you think of as a sentence. Just a tip for you, buddy!

That’s probably day one information in your GED classes.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
WTH is Biden going to do? There is no way they can prop him up at 82, so a one term President won't be running for re election
Huh?

Trump, with all his advantages, received only 74 million votes. There is no reason in hell to think outcast Trump will attract more than 74 million votes.

Therefore (can you keep up), Biden will need only 75 million votes in the right places to get reelected. I see no reason to think his totals will drop that much from 2020 (which would be a decrease of about 8 %).

Democrats recognize pro-Trumpers are already campaigning for 2024 from, among other things, all these absolutely desperate Republican vote-suppression laws. It would be nonsensical to think Democrats won't respond in 2024 with another Republican-killing voter drive to defeat these Republican vote-suppression efforts.

Radicals like Jimmy Jordan, Greene and Boebert don't help the Republicans. I don't think McCarthy helps them either. None of them will contradict Trump, so all four are basically mini-Trumps.

What is Biden going to do, you ask? He's probably going to win a second term because Republicans are not likely to reject wacko Trump. In fact, Republicans don't have a clue how to deal with Trump.

Reactions: DrHoops
you think. you think an 82 year old biden would do well in three debates with a 44 year old desantis?
It's not a debate.

1*4ILsu1mydLi91wSXLGgP3A.jpeg

It's an election.

And, DeSantis is a long way from qualifying for a Presidential debate by knocking off Trump and Pence. And, DeSantis has (obviously) had his own bad moments too. See Youtube.

Reactions: DrHoops
It's not a debate.

1*4ILsu1mydLi91wSXLGgP3A.jpeg

It's an election.

And, DeSantis is a long way from qualifying for a Presidential debate by knocking off Trump and Pence. And, DeSantis has (obviously) had his own bad moments too. See Youtube.
pence has zero chance and i thought trump was being indicted? bowlmania maintains it's imminent. it's desantis. debates are an integral part of elections.

Huh?

Trump, with all his advantages, received only 74 million votes. There is no reason in hell to think outcast Trump will attract more than 74 million votes.

Therefore (can you keep up), Biden will need only 75 million votes in the right places to get reelected. I see no reason to think his totals will drop that much from 2020 (which would be a decrease of about 8 %).

Democrats recognize pro-Trumpers are already campaigning for 2024 from, among other things, all these absolutely desperate Republican vote-suppression laws. It would be nonsensical to think Democrats won't respond in 2024 with another Republican-killing voter drive to defeat these Republican vote-suppression efforts.

Radicals like Jimmy Jordan, Greene and Boebert don't help the Republicans. I don't think McCarthy helps them either. None of them will contradict Trump, so all four are basically mini-Trumps.

What is Biden going to do, you ask? He's probably going to win a second term because Republicans are not likely to reject wacko Trump. In fact, Republicans don't have a clue how to deal with Trump.
Just curious, how do you breathe? GD if Biden is still alive and wins at 82 we are done.

pence has zero chance and i thought trump was being indicted? bowlmania maintains it's imminent. it's desantis. debates are an integral part of elections"Debates" is not a defined term, right? In fact, the relevant term might even be "debate" not "debates."

I hope Pence has no chance. But, for crying out loud, DeSantis has Baggage and Republican opponents too -- surely you see this.

Anything can happen. Since you confess to being an old fart, I know you remember this:

image.JPG

Don’t make love to livestock while wondering around a field tonight. You think the sheep don’t know, but they do. They see the desire in your eyes.

By the way, the “M” in mmmk should be capitalized. It’s the begging of what you think of as a sentence. Just a tip for you, buddy!

That’s probably day one information in your GED classes.
You should go for a drive in your small/dysfunctional penis car & cool off…

Well, OK, that all sounds great, but who do you think the Republican candidate(s) other than Trump will be for the 2024 election (assuming he drops out noticeably)?

After all, there's no point in discussing this if we don't know for sure what Trump is going to do.
DeSantis and Noem both seem to be angling to run. I could see Haley run. Trump might try to get back in. I honestly think it is way too early to say though. We still have the midterms between now and then and any number of things that could happen over the next few years that could cause someone's star to rise or fall.

Huh?

The people you bring up in the second paragraph are as relevant to the Presidential election as people like Cori Bush, Cortez, Omar, and Tlaib.

The last election turned on people like Aloha and MM66 not being comfortable with Trump. It was white guys that lost him the election. They won't be able to prop Biden up for a second term so the Democrats are going to be facing the same questions, who are we going to run that has not been pulled too far left by the whackos on our bench.

I hope Pence has no chance. But, for crying out loud, DeSantis has Baggage and Republican opponents too -- surely you see this.

Anything can happen. Since you confess to being an old fart, I know you remember this:

image.JPG
i'm hardly an old fart. desantis is the future of the republican party imo. as i said presidential education and pedigree and the gov of the third largest state in the country that's bursting with people moving htere. absent a personal meltdown he'll be the guy.

i'm hardly an old fart. desantis is the future of the republican party imo. as i said presidential education and pedigree and the gov of the third largest state in the country that's bursting with people moving htere. absent a personal meltdown he'll be the guy.

If DeSantis wins the primary, I think he can definitely win the election. I think his biggest problem is going to be winning the primary tho. He's made a lot of enemies in his own party and that usually comes back to bite you. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That said, I don't think he's the future of the party. He's just not that likeable. I think people like Noem, Daniel Crenshaw, Mike Pompeo, and maybe even Nikki Haley are more likely it. They have pissed fewer people off and survived the Trump chaos without ever crossing Dear Leader and getting cancelled by his cult.

Oh, and Ivanka. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: dbmhoosier
If DeSantis wins the primary, I think he can definitely win the election. I think his biggest problem is going to be winning the primary tho. He's made a lot of enemies in his own party and that usually comes back to bite you. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That said, I don't think he's the future of the party. He's just not that likeable. I think people like Noem, Daniel Crenshaw, Mike Pompeo, and maybe even Nikki Haley are more likely it. They have pissed fewer people off and survived the Trump chaos without ever crossing Dear Leader and getting cancelled by his cult.

Oh, and Ivanka. ;)
I don’t think he’s likable either. His own personality is his biggest obstacle

Reactions: hoosboot
I don’t think he’s likable either. His own personality is his biggest obstacle
Right now I think DeSantis is the guy but as you know things change quickly. That being said he's pretty Trump which means I can fear monger the hell out of him. Along with being Trumpy he's pretty high on the dem asshole list, which plays well with the base but, old school politics he's going to need to soften that up and have a little more empathy and at least a desire to represent the country.

Not sure where he stands on the Trump crazy conspiracies ie the stolen election.

Being a governor he definitely has more insulation. The Cruz, Hawley’s etc are going to be too easy for me (me being the libs) to question their leadership and paint them as jelly fished bootlickers to Trump who coward to his demands. I can't do that as easy to DeSantis like I can to a senator with a voting record (two impeachments, an election vote and a vote for a commission on Jan 6th).

The other consideration is the dem side. I'm a big Pete guy but I have my doubts that the country will fully support the gay thing at this time. Add that he had near zero black support and those are two huge obstacles. He crushes with suburban women and older women (I've heard he's got a Bobby Kennedy vibe which elderly women are really drawn to).

The rumor I'm hearing is Terry McAuliffe is positioning himself as the younger Biden candidate. Watch out for him.

Still, I'd love to see a Pete v DeSantis debate. Mr. Empathy vs Mr. Hardass.

Right now I think DeSantis is the guy but as you know things change quickly. That being said he's pretty Trump which means I can fear monger the hell out of him. Along with being Trumpy he's pretty high on the dem asshole list, which plays well with the base but, old school politics he's going to need to soften that up and have a little more empathy and at least a desire to represent the country.

Not sure where he stands on the Trump crazy conspiracies ie the stolen election.

Being a governor he definitely has more insulation. The Cruz, Hawley’s etc are going to be too easy for me (me being the libs) to question their leadership and paint them as jelly fished bootlickers to Trump who coward to his demands. I can't do that as easy to DeSantis like I can to a senator with a voting record (two impeachments, an election vote and a vote for a commission on Jan 6th).

The other consideration is the dem side. I'm a big Pete guy but I have my doubts that the country will fully support the gay thing at this time. Add that he had near zero black support and those are two huge obstacles. He crushes with suburban women and older women (I've heard he's got a Bobby Kennedy vibe which elderly women are really drawn to).

The rumor I'm hearing is Terry McAuliffe is positioning himself as the younger Biden candidate. Watch out for him.

Pete vs DeSantis? Two young super smart guys in their prime?! We couldn’t be so lucky.

Are you serious? In governing Florida, DeSantis has echoed Trump's positions on Covid, lockdown, southern borders, big lie, voter restrictions and who knows what else.

DeSantis hasn't broken from Trump. Why do you suggest DeSantis is not a mini Trump?
DeSantis has been successful by doing a much better job balancing public safety and personal liberty than most of his fellow executives, not by denying scientific facts like the clowns criticizing him.

Terry McAuliffe is a long-time Clinton bobo. Better check Epstein Island visitor logs before any talk of national run for that dude.

One is running a large state and the other couldn’t run South Bend.
That would be the company line from the right, but there is little data to back that up as every key metric turned around significantly during his two terms.

Unemployment dropped over half. Medium income rose significantly as he was able to revitalize their business district.

Medium income was falling for decades as par with most of the rust belt cities.

You don't jump from a town like South Bend to a serious presidential candidate at 38 if you don't have a good story to tell of youth and revitalization.

Which is why his competition didn't attack his performance, they attacked his decision to replace the black police chief (who was wiretapping his force and brought the FBI in to investigate) and his decision to tear down abandoned homes which were primarily in black neighborhoods (which he argued that it increased the value of black homeowners and decreased crime when they bulldozed abandoned crack houses).

That's the angle of Pete's record to attack that was effective (ie he had little black primary support).

That would be the company line from the right, but there is little data to back that up as every key metric turned around significantly during his two terms.

Unemployment dropped over half. Medium income rose significantly as he was able to revitalize their business district.

Medium income was falling for decades as par with most of the rust belt cities.

You don't jump from a town like South Bend to a serious presidential candidate at 38 if you don't have a good story to tell of youth and revitalization.

Which is why his competition didn't attack his performance, they attacked his decision to replace the black police chief (who was wiretapping his force and brought the FBI in to investigate) and his decision to tear down abandoned homes which were primarily in black neighborhoods (which he argued that it increased the value of black homeowners and decreased crime when they bulldozed abandoned crack houses).

That's the angle of Pete's record to attack that was effective (ie he had little black primary support).
South Bend isn’t the State of Florida. Pete certainly is well spoken. Maybe he can push Harris aside in 2024. The African American issue might continue to dog him. Especially if Harris is the competition.

22% of new COVID infections nationwide over the past week came from Florida. Desantis has also halted all reporting on vaccination status and infections in all critical care facilities statewide. It is better that we just don't know, apparently.

Reactions: UncleMark
Terry McAuliffe is a long-time Clinton bobo. Better check Epstein Island visitor logs before any talk of national run for that dude.

I know nothing about McAuliffe other than he was and is currently running for Virginia's governor and he was a presidential debate panel guy.

Just saying there are some whispers/vibes that he's trying to position himself as the Biden successor as a moderate dem.

22% of new COVID infections nationwide over the past week came from Florida. Desantis has also halted all reporting on vaccination status and infections in all critical care facilities statewide. It is better that we just don't know, apparently.
So? The state is open. Other policy considerations are in play. Adults are adulting. Get vaccinated and get on with it

Reactions: stollcpa
South Bend isn’t the State of Florida. Pete certainly is well spoken. Maybe he can push Harris aside in 2024. The African American issue might continue to dog him. Especially if Harris is the competition.
I think so too.

He needs to kill it as transportation secretary so he can go from telling stories about fixing potholes and putting in decorative led lighting under bridges in South Bend to something with more significant meat.

Which is why I'm not sold he runs again for a while, especially if the infrastructure bill gets greenlighted.

He obviously has ambition and momentum after the 2020 primary.

Harris's ambition is going to be a sensitive political tightrope as you said because, his very lacking of black support. Stepping over Harris is a tightrope but she's really struggling with her public image right now.

Anyway, I think he's more a 2028 or 2032 serious challenger when he's late 40's early 50's especially if the country can transfer smoothly with modern age infrastructure.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT