ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Presidency

Very interesting article, but even though there is acknowledgement of the difficulty, its optimism for people to look past the .01% of genetic differences seems unrealistic because of the way the human mind works. In other words, the science may confirm or dispute something, but it doesn't make up for unique mental processing.

JDB, you shouldn't encourage me to link material by actually reading my links.

On the subject of how the the brains work on the uniqueness of each individual i offer up this link which in part states,

"With our study we were able to confirm that the structure of people's brains is very individual," says Lutz Jäncke on the findings. "The combination of genetic and non-genetic influences clearly affects not only the functioning of the brain, but also its anatomy." The replacement of fingerprint sensors with MRI scans in the future is unlikely, however. MRIs are too expensive and time-consuming in comparison to the proven and simple method of taking fingerprints.​

JDB, you shouldn't encourage me to link material by actually reading my links.

On the subject of how the the brains work on the uniqueness of each individual i offer up this link which in part states,

"With our study we were able to confirm that the structure of people's brains is very individual," says Lutz Jäncke on the findings. "The combination of genetic and non-genetic influences clearly affects not only the functioning of the brain, but also its anatomy." The replacement of fingerprint sensors with MRI scans in the future is unlikely, however. MRIs are too expensive and time-consuming in comparison to the proven and simple method of taking fingerprints.​

The structure may be individual, but the mechanics (deductive reasoning, color/word/object association, etc.) seem to be very similar, no?

The structure may be individual, but the mechanics (deductive reasoning, color/word/object association, etc.) seem to be very similar, no?

The link referred to the brain and using it to be influenced by genetic factors and individual life experiences.

JDB, suspect deductive reasoning and the other processes you mentioned could be learned and/or improved through practice (individual life experiences) with some people being better at some processes due to different life experiences and, of course, genetics.

I used the word "suspect" above as I virtually don't know what I am talking about in answering your question :confused:.

Brooks makes interesting points about Biden reconnecting many Trump followers back to reality with a covid relief package, giving them tangible help. He’s not talking about the extremists. A second point is about many evangelicals saying the attack on the Capitol was a step too far. Trump is self-immolating before our eyes.

Brooks makes interesting points about Biden reconnecting many Trump followers back to reality with a covid relief package, giving them tangible help. He’s not talking about the extremists. A second point is about many evangelicals saying the attack on the Capitol was a step too far. Trump is self-immolating before our eyes.

Problem is such changes or deprogramming in some cases, takes time. Not sure if Biden will be given enough time before McTurtle starts thinking party over country. The 100 days honeymoon period is never more vital in this presidency.

Problem is such changes or deprogramming in some cases, takes time. Not sure if Biden will be given enough time before McTurtle starts thinking party over country. The 100 days honeymoon period is never more vital in this presidency.
McBitch is already planning a full assault on helping Americans. I’m incubating a theory that McTurdhole leaked willingness to consider impeachment to give himself some negotiating power with Schumer and to encourage the Ds to have a Senate trial which McTwattle considers will undermine any chance of Biden succeeding with his agenda.

McBitch is already planning a full assault on helping Americans. I’m incubating a theory that McTurdhole leaked willingness to consider impeachment to give himself some negotiating power with Schumer and to encourage the Ds to have a Senate trial which McTwattle considers will undermine any chance of Biden succeeding with his agenda.
Won't Shumer control the Senate? I think McConnell would look like a whiny turtle if he is obstructive after saying he would consider voting for impeachment.

I was thinking the same thing. Slimy Turtle that he is -- as many many people always say, turtles don't change their shells.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Won't Shumer control the Senate? I think McConnell would look like a whiny turtle if he is obstructive after saying he would consider voting for impeachment.
Not obstructive vis a vis impeachment. Drag out the trial to obstruct Covid relief and other legislation.

Brooks and Capehart represent the way political discussion took place before programs like "Firing Line" and today's dueling cable news stations. Social media only adds to the divisiveness.

Following this trend, the "empathy" of Biden (as Capehart suggested might help us through some tough times) will be ridiculed as weak and naive leadership by his political opponents.

Reactions: sglowrider
Brooks and Capehart represent the way political discussion took place before programs like "Firing Line" and today's dueling cable news stations. Social media only adds to the divisiveness.

Following this trend, the "empathy" of Biden (as Capehart suggested might help us through some tough times) will be ridiculed as weak and naive leadership by his political opponents.
If so, they’ll fall on their face. Many if not most Trump supporters related to Trump because they felt he understood them.

Reactions: sglowrider
If so, they’ll fall on their face. Many if not most Trump supporters related to Trump because they felt he understood them.

Agree.

Trump appeared to understand them. On top of this. he spoke their language and expressed their feelings. When the guy at the top shares your feelings, feelings become reality.

Trump is a spoiled little rich brat who grew up in Manhattan with about $200,000 personal income per year from a family trust account, starting when he was about 8 years old. He has nothing in common with his working class base. From the way he treated Dan Gable, a smalltown olympic hero, it's obvious he has nothing but scorn for them.

He may have said he was going to do things to help them, but he didn't. He never did squat to improve healthcare or infrastructure. The most significant wall he built was this one:

ee17938846eb813e8562cf738029a92f.jpg

Trump's self-stroking "tax cuts" in the 2017 tax act start going up this year for the lower classes because, even as enacted by the GOP, it always had built-in tax increases for 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2017 for taxpayers earning less than $75,000 (about 65 % of taxpayers). This is unrelated to this year's COLA adjustment in the tax code. No such increases are planned for incomes above $75,000. Read this:

Only a rural fool would think Trump is his friend.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Trump is a spoiled little rich brat who grew up in Manhattan with about $200,000 personal income per year from a family trust account, starting when he was about 8 years old. He has nothing in common with his working class base. From the way he treated Dan Gable, a smalltown olympic hero, it's obvious he has nothing but scorn for them.

He may have said he was going to do things to help them, but he didn't. He never did squat to improve healthcare or infrastructure. The most significant wall he built was this one:

ee17938846eb813e8562cf738029a92f.jpg

Trump's self-stroking "tax cuts" in the 2017 tax act start going up this year for the lower classes because, even as enacted by the GOP, it always had built-in tax increases for 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2017 for taxpayers earning less than $75,000 (about 65 % of taxpayers). This is unrelated to this year's COLA adjustment in the tax code. No such increases are planned for incomes above $75,000. Read this:

Only a rural fool would think Trump is his friend.
Quality analysis. More pressing is to understand why Ds don’t get those votes. Seriously.

Dems have no choice but to blow up the filibuster. Yes, I know that door swings both ways. Blow up the filibuster, pass the heroes act, immigration reform, shore up the ACA and pass a gigantic infrastructure bill that puts people to work. Let the cons run on undoing all that.

can we just put the filibuster back in place when we are done? lol
Two new states is an excellent substitute...although I still like expanding the state of Oregon back to its original territory, maybe making Carolina one state, and splitting California into North and South. See how McMacchiavelli likes that.

splitting cali may backfire if one side ends up being GOP leaning.

South Carolina is red and north carolina tends to be a toss up so combining carolinas might not be too helpful either.

The good thing about the Biden presidency, We don’t have a First Man😅

Trump supporters haven’t gone anywher.
True. The vast majority of them never left their hometown. Their fear and loathing of anybody who looks different from them, or might have grown up in a different church is palpable.

True. The vast majority of them never left their hometown. Their fear and loathing of anybody who looks different from them, or might have grown up in a different church is palpable.
I prefer loathing, I don’t think they fear anything!

What was the first thing Biden did when he took office? He fired a BLACK guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT