ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Presidency

Reuters: "Over 2 million people displaced by conflict in Ethiopia's Tigray region"
Biden admin will look to use this humanitarian issue as justification to enter Ethiopia with military operations

Right, ace, and no irony that Hitler was Jewish too? Learn to look beneath the mascara. There’s a reason actions speak louder than words.
Jesus. Well here comes something I thought I’d never had to do...

I love (see hate) how people just throw dumbass things out there like “Hitler was Jewish” and people instantly believe it. This is a new kind of dumb. Congrats.

I don’t care if he was or wasn’t - he’s the most awful human of modern times. This is just another epitome of why we’re losing our country to fake news and the gullible that instantly swallow it all up. Congrats to you all otherwise educated people that haven’t learned how to do simple research.

What percentage of Jewish heritage qualifies one as Jewish for you Jamie? Is it the same percentage you'd use to say someone was black? The same percentage you'd use to say someone was white? Just curious about why this statistic is meaningful to you.
None actually. Being Jewish is a choice - not genealogical.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Jesus. Well here comes something I thought I’d never had to do...

I love (see hate) how people just throw dumbass things out there like “Hitler was Jewish” and people instantly believe it. This is a new kind of dumb. Congrats.

I don’t care if he was or wasn’t - he’s the most awful human of modern times. This is just another epitome of why we’re losing our country to fake news and the gullible that instantly swallow it all up. Congrats to you all otherwise educated people that haven’t learned how to do simple research.
You’ve been trying to dehumanize me for a while too, he who signed an oath to defend Americans. Just wanted to acknowledge that I noticed.

Biden/Harris website:
-Address Longstanding Inequities in Agriculture
Fertilizer is racist. Tractors are not gender neutral.
What in the hell does this mean??

tenor.gif

None actually. Being Jewish is a choice - not genealogical.

You should look at my other posts around there, I was simply asking jdb to clarify since he was splitting hairs about percentages and I wanted him to explain further.

Where do you see that? Seems like some kind of web page error, as it's not even a logical sentence
The bullet point about inequities in agriculture is on the page. The rest is editorial from Spartan. Took me a minute too.

Biden: "Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild."
What about Armenian, Jewish, Polish, Polynesian, and others? Are they left out?

"US small business employment remains weak."
And about to get hit again with record bankruptcies and $15 min wage

lol. He’s just recycling the same crappy Obama foreign policy team that set the Middle East on fire. They may have experience, it’s bad experience.

I take it you were happy Bush was deferential to the “experience” of Rumsfeld and Cheney?

What kind of point are you even trying to make?
Biden admin will likely be very weak in foreign policy which will engulf the Middle East in turmoil and their push by clowns like Deese for anti pollution means they need oil up to justify renewables. Oil to $100 isn't a stretch of the imagination.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Biden admin will likely be very weak in foreign policy which will engulf the Middle East in turmoil and their push by clowns like Deese for anti pollution means they need oil up to justify renewables. Oil to $100 isn't a stretch of the imagination.

Predictions on the mideast are as worthwhile as predicting the powerball. I highly doubt Biden will be itching to tip over the onion cart. The ongoing unrest in that region is way too complicated to debate on these boards.

Predictions on the mideast are as worthwhile as predicting the powerball. I highly doubt Biden will be itching to tip over the onion cart. The ongoing unrest in that region is way too complicated to debate on these boards.

Good point. Anyone giving ME opinions should be able to answer the following: which countries and groups are on which side in the wars in Syria, Yemen and Qatar. I sure as hell couldnt.

"US small business employment remains weak."
And about to get hit again with record bankruptcies and $15 min wage

Small Business doesn't matter. The Democrats are a nice marriage of the Corporation and the State now. Particularly Big Tech and the State.

Reactions: stollcpa
Good point. Anyone giving ME opinions should be able to answer the following: which countries and groups are on which side in the wars in Syria, Yemen and Qatar. I sure as hell couldnt.

Syria is a mess but Russia and Iran mostly back the Assad government (which is generally Alawite/Shiite) while Turkey backs the rebels fighting against them. Where things get messy is that the U.S. was backing many of those same rebels, but we also supported the Kurds. Turkey does not like them because there are Kurdish Separatist groups in Turkey as well who have engaged in terrorism (or freedom fighting depending on who is telling story) against the Turks.

In Yemen Iran backs the Houthi rebels and the Saudis back the government. Yemen used to be split into a North and South politically and this is just kind of a continuation of that split.

With Qatar, it was the gulf states against them. The ruler of Qatar deposed his father in a coup. The father got asylum in the Gulf states. There was some Al Jazeera (based in Qatar) expose saying that the Gulf states were plotting another coup to reinstall the father. Diplomatic relations were broke then but a few Gulf states have restored relations. (I had to look up the reasons on this one.)

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Syria is a mess but Russia and Iran mostly back the Assad government (which is generally Alawite/Shiite) while Turkey backs the rebels fighting against them. Where things get messy is that the U.S. was backing many of those same rebels, but we also supported the Kurds. Turkey does not like them because there are Kurdish Separatist groups in Turkey as well who have engaged in terrorism (or freedom fighting depending on who is telling story) against the Turks.

In Yemen Iran backs the Houthi rebels and the Saudis back the government. Yemen used to be split into a North and South politically and this is just kind of a continuation of that split.

With Qatar, it was the gulf states against them. The ruler of Qatar deposed his father in a coup. The father got asylum in the Gulf states. There was some Al Jazeera (based in Qatar) expose saying that the Gulf states were plotting another coup to reinstall the father. Diplomatic relations were broke then but a few Gulf states have restored relations. (I had to look up the reasons on this one.)

Come get your gold star.

On a serious note, it’s a bloody mess over there. I can’t imagine how terrible life must be for the normal citizens. Heartbreaking stuff.

The Democrats are a nice marriage of the Corporation and the State now. Particularly Big Tech and the State.
Wait, I was told that Bernie, AOC, and the SQUAD were in charge and ready to start their wealth redistribution and tirade against non-taxpaying billionaire corporations.

Small Business doesn't matter. The Democrats are a nice marriage of the Corporation and the State now. Particularly Big Tech and the State.
Wait, I was told that Bernie, AOC, and the SQUAD were in charge and ready to start their wealth redistribution and tirade against non-taxpaying billionaire corporations.
We need to have winners weigh in on this. I know I'm confused.

Reactions: glmiu11

Biden admin will actually have a coherent foreign policy, not just a policy of cozying up to foreign dictators and treating our actual allies like trash.

I have my thoughts on that but will save it for another day. I will just say this, there were a ton of former Obama staffers that went and worked for the biggest tech companies in the U.S. Many of them are now coming back to work for a Biden administration. I don't believe the GOP is going to be able to back Corporate America in the same manner as they have in the past without receiving blowback from their voters.

Let me show you something:

Hopefully that graphic worked. This is a plot of Clinton/Trump voters on an axis of economics and social issues. That circled area is where the Republicans should probably be focusing. It is clear that their voters are economic moderates and socially conservative. Where the GOP establishment has run in the past is in the lower right side quadrant while paying lip service to the upper right quadrant. So the GOP would talk big about the social issues that do motivate their base while mostly focusing on the establishment's more right leaning economics which is out of step with their base. Corporations tend to be in that lower right quadrant as well. They enforce a socially liberal worldview while wanting to obtain any and all economic benefits they can receive from the state. What the Democrats are going to have to deal with is something similar. Their voters are almost completely in the lower left quadrant. Their big money corporate donors are more in the lower right. How do they keep both "happy"? I have my opinion but I guess we see how it plays out.

But for the GOP, I think there is a hard truth that is going to smack them in the face. I think part of what got people so worked up last week is not because of Trump the man, but kind of what they view Trump's positions as...that center/right economics guy who, while not himself socially conservative, at least fought like he was. Now those people are being told that the GOP is going back to "business as usual" which means they are once again going to be hung out to dry. It is clear where the Democrats voter base is, those voters don't have to compromise much in their vote. If you are the red in that circle, the two parties force you to compromise on either deeply held social beliefs or to vote against your economic interests. And that has been occurring for decades. That breeds anger.

I have my thoughts on that but will save it for another day. I will just say this, there were a ton of former Obama staffers that went and worked for the biggest tech companies in the U.S. Many of them are now coming back to work for a Biden administration. I don't believe the GOP is going to be able to back Corporate America in the same manner as they have in the past without receiving blowback from their voters.

Hopefully that graphic worked. This is a plot of Clinton/Trump voters on an axis of economics and social issues. That circled area is where the Republicans should probably be focusing. It is clear that their voters are economic moderates and socially conservative. Where the GOP establishment has run in the past is in the lower right side quadrant while paying lip service to the upper right quadrant. So the GOP would talk big about the social issues that do motivate their base while mostly focusing on the establishment's more right leaning economics which is out of step with their base. Corporations tend to be in that lower right quadrant as well. They enforce a socially liberal worldview while wanting to obtain any and all economic benefits they can receive from the state. What the Democrats are going to have to deal with is something similar. Their voters are almost completely in the lower left quadrant. Their big money corporate donors are more in the lower right. How do they keep both "happy"? I have my opinion but I guess we see how it plays out.

But for the GOP, I think there is a hard truth that is going to smack them in the face. I think part of what got people so worked up last week is not because of Trump the man, but kind of what they view Trump's positions as...that center/right economics guy who, while not himself socially conservative, at least fought like he was. Now those people are being told that the GOP is going back to "business as usual" which means they are once again going to be hung out to dry. It is clear where the Democrats voter base is, those voters don't have to compromise much in their vote. If you are the red in that circle, the two parties force you to compromise on either deeply held social beliefs or to vote against your economic interests. And that has been occurring for decades. That breeds anger.

This makes a ton of sense for me personally. No mans land with nobody catering to my vote.

So to follow up with this and make it more about Biden, if he was looking to unite, his first moves out of the gate would be totally economic focused. He has plenty of people available to him to unite around economic causes if he finds a way to toe a line that can mostly keep the centrist economics people happy without pissing off his more left leaning folks. So if I were him I would be talking to Schumer and Pelosi about stimulus checks and also reworking the corporate tax cut...

Religion is clearly distinct from racial makeup considering it is chosen and environmental (despite what the ultra orthodox in Brooklyn may say), not genetic. I barely even know who Stephen Miller is, but to the extent he does not practice Judaism (like Hitler), it becomes more relevant because his family was Jewish and practicing.

So, to answer your question, someone that doesn't practice Judaism is not Jewish. But, their family's beliefs are relevant in context (e.g., genocide of Jews). Someone like Hitler, who was not practicing Judaism and only had a single grandparent that was Jewish (is it confirmed he was a practicing?) is not a Jew.

I'd view someone that is born to parents of the same racial group to be a member of that racial group. Playing a game with percentages like Liz Warren is foolish and counterproductive.

JDB, on the subject of racial groups, think you might find this article entitled How Science and Genetics are Reshaping the Race Debate of the 21st Century to be interesting.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
JDB, on the subject of racial groups, think you might find this article entitled How Science and Genetics are Reshaping the Race Debate of the 21st Century to be interesting.

Very interesting article, but even though there is acknowledgement of the difficulty, its optimistic to think people will look past the .01% of genetic differences because of the way the human mind works. In other words, the science may confirm or dispute something, but it doesn't make up for unique mental processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoot1
So to follow up with this and make it more about Biden, if he was looking to unite, his first moves out of the gate would be totally economic focused. He has plenty of people available to him to unite around economic causes if he finds a way to toe a line that can mostly keep the centrist economics people happy without pissing off his more left leaning folks. So if I were him I would be talking to Schumer and Pelosi about stimulus checks and also reworking the corporate tax cut...

Most of what the Dems can do through reconciliation will be popular economic policies. You'll see that framed as "COVID relief".

I also expect a bipartisan infrastructure bill to get done, particularly with earmarks back.

I'm sure media on the right will be howling at various things and outraged at dumb stuff and deficit spending.

The key is going to be getting enough done so that the Dem base feels like something actually happened to help them and real progress is being made (ergo, getting a good midterm turnout) without freaking people out who might have pulled the lever for Biden who are reliable voters.

I also expect a bipartisan infrastructure bill to get done, particularly with earmarks back.

What percentage of that bill do you think actually accounts for real infrastructure spending vs. pork barrel garbage? I'd be shocked if it was anywhere close to 50%.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
ADVERTISEMENT