ADVERTISEMENT

Biden opinion on drugs

Wonder if he still feels the same?

Snark up front: Where's the stutter?

More serious, Biden should be questioned on this. For a party and political movement that pushes the concepts behind CRT and all of the satellite theories that go with it, it could be argued that Biden's tough on crime stuff really did unfairly impact the black community. And now his own son basically flaunts that same behavior with zero consequences. Zero.

I would like Biden to go on BET and explain a few things:

1. When he was describing the crack heads and monsters he wanted to keep away from his family, who did he think those people were?

2. Is Hunter a monster that should be kept away from people's mothers and families? If not, why?

3. Should Hunter be forced go go to prison for 5 years and have his assets seized? If not, why? And can he explain how Hunter is different than the thousands upon thousands of people (black people in particular) that received that treatment because of Biden's legislation?

We have a class in America (I refuse to call them elite) that rules us. Yet they are never subject to the rules they place upon the populace. Tough on crime for thee and not for me. Abolish and defund (or reroute money) away from the police while we hide in our gated communities protected by private security. Lockdown and watch your jobs dissipate while we collect payment to stay at home. Louis and Marie got nothing on these people.

Snark up front: Where's the stutter?

More serious, Biden should be questioned on this. For a party and political movement that pushes the concepts behind CRT and all of the satellite theories that go with it, it could be argued that Biden's tough on crime stuff really did unfairly impact the black community. And now his own son basically flaunts that same behavior with zero consequences. Zero.

I would like Biden to go on BET and explain a few things:

1. When he was describing the crack heads and monsters he wanted to keep away from his family, who did he think those people were?

2. Is Hunter a monster that should be kept away from people's mothers and families? If not, why?

3. Should Hunter be forced go go to prison for 5 years and have his assets seized? If not, why? And can he explain how Hunter is different than the thousands upon thousands of people (black people in particular) that received that treatment because of Biden's legislation?

We have a class in America (I refuse to call them elite) that rules us. Yet they are never subject to the rules they place upon the populace. Tough on crime for thee and not for me. Abolish and defund (or reroute money) away from the police while we hide in our gated communities protected by private security. Lockdown and watch your jobs dissipate while we collect payment to stay at home. Louis and Marie got nothing on these people.
So what should we call this class? The Political Class? Which includes...? I see that you inserted enough code words (defund, lockdown, etc) to imply only one party belongs to this unnamed class. Why is that?

Didn't people watch the Dem debates? Biden was grilled over and over and over on this, by Kamala in particular. While he was defensive, he expressed regret for the unintended consequences of the sentencing guidelines and admitted that they turned our to overly target blacks.
Regret. That fixes it like the deceased KKK member of the Democratic Party. He don’t regret shit.

Does he regret saying Hunter is the smartest man he knows?

Biden is a war criminal. He has softened his stance in propaganda to get votes from Trump but he can't just say nevermind to people whose lives he has helped destroy, for what? supposed Non-violent crimes. He led the charge in the govt. creating violence and enabling balck markets in war on drugs.

Didn't people watch the Dem debates? Biden was grilled over and over and over on this, by Kamala in particular. While he was defensive, he expressed regret for the unintended consequences of the sentencing guidelines and admitted that they turned our to overly target blacks.
I did and the irony of Harris doing the grilling was fantastic.

Regret. That fixes it like the deceased KKK member of the Democratic Party. He don’t regret shit.

Does he regret saying Hunter is the smartest man he knows?

Many of the smartest/ highest iq people in history were alcoholics/substance abusers. That alone doesn't tell you much of anything.

I don't know shit about Hunter Biden's intelligence or lack thereof, and neither does anyone here....

So what should we call this class? The Political Class? Which includes...? I see that you inserted enough code words (defund, lockdown, etc) to imply only one party belongs to this unnamed class. Why is that?
Political class does not encompass enough of the people that would fall under the umbrella.

Defund targeted a specific subset for sure but it was only one party calling for that, but last I checked there were people of both political parties that were more than happy to preach a lockdown while also ensuring the essential (mostly hourly wage) workers still got to go to work. Including the Republican Governor of Indiana.

Political class does not encompass enough of the people that would fall under the umbrella.

Defund targeted a specific subset for sure but it was only one party calling for that, but last I checked there were people of both political parties that were more than happy to preach a lockdown while also ensuring the essential (mostly hourly wage) workers still got to go to work. Including the Republican Governor of Indiana.
Sounds like you and IGW need to sit down and have a talk.

Sounds like you and IGW need to sit down and have a talk.
He sometimes hits on the problem, not a fan of his solutions though.

Listen, our current path is a populist path. You are either going to see a populist uprising on the left, right, or some combination thereof. Ignoring that we have a managerial/technical class that is very interested in maintaining a top down structure where they dictate and everyone else lives by their dictates (while they are insulated from the consequences of those decisions) will end poorly.

That is not a left or right problem, it is a problem for all of us.

I can't believe he missed a chance to use 'moneyed interests'.
Wealthy people are a subset of the whole. Politically connected people are a subset. Those you would refer to as the intelligentsia would be a subset. The managerial class. The culture leaders and pushers.

IGW is not completely wrong on some of his diagnoses, I think he gets the treatment wrong. However, it is easier to be dismissive when the feeling is that some of the blame falls on your shoulders. Wall Street did help tear down parts of America and sell it off to the lowest bidder (mainly China). Our culture leaders have preached lifestyle choices that are terrible for anyone without a safety net to protect them from said bad decisions. People like Biden who want to talk about Republicans putting people in chains literally did that with legislation he passed and punishment that his son escapes. The Koch brothers funded the GOP to pass legislation that was counter to what the main GOP voters wanted and was also detrimental to bread and butter issues at home. The teachers push for a shut down of the schools to protect their ass while the parents of the children that attend those schools were still doing their day to day and then had to add "teacher" to the hats they wore (moreso than is typical) as well.

The current path is unsustainable.

Tom Crean should start counting your deflections…
What did I deflect? I asked what to call this class, since he did't want to use the term, "elite". I then pointed out that, while his description seemed to indicate all politicians (thus my suggestion, the "Political Class"), for some reason, he only seemed to use buzz words that are tied to libs.
He then explained that it goes even beyond politicians, and I "Liked" his response.

Sometimes you try so hard to be a hard ass(hole) on here, that it blinds you to what is actually being said. IUCrazy and I have had conversations in the past that have been both cordial and from different opinions.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He sometimes hits on the problem, not a fan of his solutions though.

Listen, our current path is a populist path. You are either going to see a populist uprising on the left, right, or some combination thereof. Ignoring that we have a managerial/technical class that is very interested in maintaining a top down structure where they dictate and everyone else lives by their dictates (while they are insulated from the consequences of those decisions) will end poorly.

That is not a left or right problem, it is a problem for all of us.
I read the intro to this study and will probably digest more of it later. Admittedly my knowledge relative to populism is limited. Hope this helps somebody besides myself. The intro does seem to dovetail with many things I've heard both you and IGW discuss.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Link, please, to the platform of ANY major political party calling for defunding police...

more unicorn farts...
So you are denying many prominent Democrats calling to "Defund the police" and reallocate funding basically all last year?

I am not wasting my time pulling all the quotes because you live in an alternate reality. Furthermore, you have already shown you don't bother to read what is linked anyway.

So you are denying many prominent Democrats calling to "Defund the police" and reallocate funding basically all last year?

I am not wasting my time pulling all the quotes because you live in an alternate reality. Furthermore, you have already shown you don't bother to read what is linked anyway.
he's not worth responding to. he's trying to play a stupid game of semantics with the word "platform" to distance the party from the many dems around the country that have called for reducing police budgets and have reduced police budgets. hell the "squad" itself either voted no or present to increasing funding for the capitol police. cori bush has been extremely outspoke about defunding the police. when people post like that it's impossible to discuss/debate anything. bad faith bs. his "alternate reality" is a fictional one with selective memory and rabid magas chasing him around parking lots

I read the intro to this study and will probably digest more of it later. Admittedly my knowledge relative to populism is limited. Hope this helps somebody besides myself. The intro does seem to dovetail with many things I've heard both you and IGW discuss.

Good article, I think the portion that describes that populism is usually a response to a breakdown in the systems and institutions that undergird society does a much better job of saying what I was trying to say above.

Reactions: larsIU
You cannot see the difference between stating, as you did, that

1) one party was calling for defunding the police,

and stating (truthfully) that

2) A few "out there" members of one party called for defunding the police, and were roundly denounced by members of their own party, who defeated them?

Ask your Mom for help.

(To bring the conversation back on topic) Imagine how much more poignant that grilling would be if the media had any curiosity as to Hunter's dealings. And it would have been a battering ram to use on both Kamala and Joe. You legislated it, she prosecuted it, and your son did it and got to become a millionaire. Explain.

Sounds like good excuse for him and his dad to keep making money off dad’s political position.

I guess he is damn smart. Making a lot of money without working for years.

He better make a lot quick. Dad’s about done.
it"s all dirty pool. these people are all professional fundraisers. when the cost of admission to a committee has a price tag the system is broken. that opportunistic tagalongs exist shouldnt be a surprise

it"s all dirty pool. these people are all professional fundraisers. when the cost of admission to a committee has a price tag the system is broken. that opportunistic tagalongs exist shouldnt be a surprise
It would seem one thing reasonable people of both sides could agree to is term limits. I like 2 four Senate terms 3 2 year House terms.

I remember most of them calling for restructuring and/or reforming police forces. Omar and AOC might’ve, but none running for President.

Right now, though, most republicans are literally mocking the Capital police and calling them crisis actors. I find that pretty disgusting.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Yeah, you're probably right. Sympathy should be reserved for those with our level of resources and below...but not all of those below, especially if they are lazy or make bad decisions.
There’s a point when you’ve screwed up long enough you don’t deserve sympathy. You deserve consequences.

Others have to face those consequences. I have a good friend whose cousin is around 30. Involved in using and selling drugs so he could use drugs since a teenager. 6 months ago cops from Martinsville tracked him down in rural Greene County, beat the hell out of him, took his drugs and took him to jail. He refused to join gang in jail and got another beating. He’s now out with electronic device on his ankle. He has two kids and divorced. He’s off drugs and working. The court system/probation department is making it nearly impossible for him to make it.

I have sympathy for him. Not spoiled rich bots like Hunter who avoid consequences for their actions.

There’s a point when you’ve screwed up long enough you don’t deserve sympathy. You deserve consequences.

Others have to face those consequences. I have a good friend whose cousin is around 30. Involved in using and selling drugs so he could use drugs since a teenager. 6 months ago cops from Martinsville tracked him down in rural Greene County, beat the hell out of him, took his drugs and took him to jail. He refused to join gang in jail and got another beating. He’s now out with electronic device on his ankle. He has two kids and divorced. He’s off drugs and working. The court system/probation department is making it nearly impossible for him to make it.

I have sympathy for him. Not spoiled rich bots like Hunter who avoid consequences for their actions.
Man, you've got more friends/family stories than OS. :D

That being said, I'm sure the parents of the kids he sold to have little sympathy. But I get what you mean.
Oh, and because I know you are waiting for it...I'll make sure not to vote for Hunter in the next election.

It would seem one thing reasonable people of both sides could agree to is term limits. I like 2 four Senate terms 3 2 year House terms.
Not to make this a term limits thread, but.....I've thought about this a lot over the years and always come back to the conclusion that term limits just makes the parties stronger. Yeah, there would be some instances of mavericky mavericks or altruistic idealists but no more than now. How would they raise money to get elected? Do they just start out rich? Are they backed by businesses or single interest groups (possibly worse than political parties)?

The #1 thing we need to concern ourselves with as it relates to elections and politics is getting the money out of it. I don't think term limits addresses that.

Also, in that video Biden is bragging about the government stealing and seizing a person assets. They do this before a person is proven innocent and do not repay. Biden is one of the most horrible people ever in the politics of this country for the 50 years of damage he has inflicted on american citizens.

Yeah, but what politician is going to vote against their self interests or the interests of those that control their committee assignments and how party funds are distributed at election time?

Term limits will never happen, no matter how many of us agree with them.

He’s now out with electronic device on his ankle. He has two kids and divorced. He’s off drugs and working. The court system/probation department is making it nearly impossible for him to make it.

If he caught a felony he's got a long road ahead of him, and "making it" may need to be redefined. That said, it would be unusual for the court or the probation office to deliberately set him up for failure. If he does, it will most likely be of his own doing.

If he caught a felony he's got a long road ahead of him, and "making it" may need to be redefined. That said, it would be unusual for the court or the probation office to deliberately set him up for failure. If he does, it will most likely be of his own doing.
Here’s a few examples. First is he has a girlfriend who’s been down the same path he’s been. She’s been clean and out of trouble. She is part of a program helping men and women going through this. The probation department told him they couldn’t date because of her record. Dating consisted of her visiting him at his mother and fathers house where he’s confined.

Second he seems to be meeting endlessly with his probation officer and missing work. Missing work is going to result in being fire. And then what’s he going to do? Spend all week with the probation officer?

He has to choose on weekends between doing something with his two daughters or doing required community service. If he chooses time with his daughters then he will substitute additional jail time for community service.

Granted, I am only hearing one side but seems to me it’s going to be extremely difficult to get a life.

Here’s a few examples. First is he has a girlfriend who’s been down the same path he’s been. She’s been clean and out of trouble. She is part of a program helping men and women going through this. The probation department told him they couldn’t date because of her record. Dating consisted of her visiting him at his mother and fathers house where he’s confined.

Second he seems to be meeting endlessly with his probation officer and missing work. Missing work is going to result in being fire. And then what’s he going to do? Spend all week with the probation officer?

He has to choose on weekends between doing something with his two daughters or doing required community service. If he chooses time with his daughters then he will substitute additional jail time for community service.

Granted, I am only hearing one side but seems to me it’s going to be extremely difficult to get a life.

Yes, you're only hearing one side. Probation is a pain in the ass but it beats the alternative.

If she's a felon then he can't associate with her. Them's the rules. The court doesn't care that she's his squeeze.

Meetings with his probation officer are part of the deal. That's done on a regular basis, and is scheduled. It's not like they're just calling him in willy nilly. As long as his employer knew ahead of time about his circumstances and he's adhering to the schedule, I'm calling bullshit on the getting fired.

Community service is also part of the deal. Too bad he can't hang with his kids right now, but all he has to do is get the trash picked up or whatever he's doing and get it over with. The kids will still be there when that's done. Using your kids as an excuse to whine about your conditions of probation is lame.

I volunteer with substances abusers. They are given every opportunity to get their shit together, but most end up figuring out a way to fvck it up. The few success stories come from the ones who admit they fvcked up and take their medicine, no matter how bitter. That's what I meant when I said he had a long road ahead of him. It's rough to begin with, but eventually smooths out if you don't try and take any shortcuts.

Yes, you're only hearing one side. Probation is a pain in the ass but it beats the alternative.

If she's a felon then he can't associate with her. Them's the rules. The court doesn't care that she's his squeeze.

Meetings with his probation officer are part of the deal. That's done on a regular basis, and is scheduled. It's not like they're just calling him in willy nilly. As long as his employer knew ahead of time about his circumstances and he's adhering to the schedule, I'm calling bullshit on the getting fired.

Community service is also part of the deal. Too bad he can't hang with his kids right now, but all he has to do is get the trash picked up or whatever he's doing and get it over with. The kids will still be there when that's done. Using your kids as an excuse to whine about your conditions of probation is lame.

I volunteer with substances abusers. They are given every opportunity to get their shit together, but most end up figuring out a way to fvck it up. The few success stories come from the ones who admit they fvcked up and take their medicine, no matter how bitter. That's what I meant when I said he had a long road ahead of him. It's rough to begin with, but eventually smooths out if you don't try and take any shortcuts.
I volunteered for a while at this place called Harris house where the men were inpatient. Sometimes after the program they’d rent a little apt or room before going back home but some of those guys didn’t want to go back to their wives at all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT