ADVERTISEMENT

Biden interview in Atlantic- 3 weeks post Inauguration

Scott sounded optimistic two days ago, see below. The hangup that is tough is qualified immunity. The Ds want a lot of change and the Rs want none. That middle ground is not easy.

Qualified immunity is impt. The Dems are clueless with police action. There are 800,000 cops and over 50 million police contacts a year. They’re motivated by the actions of a few rotten eggs. Eliminate QI and we’ll really have dumb cops. The talent pool will decrease. What’s more cops are called on to make split section decisions as a part of their gig now they’re going to be liable for them? You can sue for ANYTHING. You know how many will get sued as a new target for P settlements. And the associations will pay their fees not settlements nor indemnify jgmts.

Floyd’s fam got 27 mil. What good does making cops liable do - half are broke to begin with anyway. You sue the dept/co/city.

Stupid. Just more thoughtless pandering.

Qualified immunity is impt. The Dems are clueless with police action. There are 800,000 cops and over 50 million police contacts a year. They’re motivated by the actions of a few rotten eggs. Eliminate QI and we’ll really have dumb cops. The talent pool will decrease. What’s more cops are called on to make split section decisions as a part of their gig now they’re going to be liable for them? You can sue for ANYTHING. You know how many will get sued as a new target for P settlements. And the associations will pay their fees not settlements nor indemnify jgmts.

Floyd’s fam got 27 mil. What good does making cops liable do - half are broke to begin with anyway. You sue the dept/co/city.

Stupid. Just more thoughtless pandering.

I would be curious to hear from Ranger, how does the police qualified immunity compare to what soldiers and Marines had in a war zone.

I would be curious to hear from Ranger, how does the police qualified immunity compare to what soldiers and Marines had in a war zone.

I will say this tho and ranger and aloha can tell me I’m wrong but I think of the military as 18 yr olds going in for 4 years. I think of cops as adults going for a career. The latter has 40 years to be subject to suits. Not to mention the military isn’t often engaging with sue happy us citizens.

I don't understand this question. Do soldiers face civil lawsuits for their behavior during a war? That's something I was unaware of. Is there a qualified immunity doctrine for criminal charges?

I don't understand this question. Do soldiers face civil lawsuits for their behavior during a war? That's something I was unaware of. Is there a qualified immunity doctrine for criminal charges?
I may be wrong, but I thought the Iraqis desperately wanted to change the status of forces agreement to allow suits and we did not want that. I think we won the dispute but I am not certain.

Truth or opinions which are debatable depending on your politics ?

Personally, i find some truth in Biden's observations while still hoping he can help in the political divide which makes our government at the federal level dysfunctional. Call me naive.

Heck, Trump supporters and a good many Pubs see a dysfunctional federal government as acceptable given their control of state governments.
Something I read years ago which may or may not be accurate today stated that 90% of the "government" is civil servants who have lifelong job security and that the changing of elected officials is really irrelevant to them. What do you think?

Something I read years ago which may or may not be accurate today stated that 90% of the "government" is civil servants who have lifelong job security and that the changing of elected officials is really irrelevant to them. What do you think?
I'd say much more than that. The garbage collectors and the cops and the firefighters don't lose their positions when the new mayor is elected.

So you respond with another post about Trump. You are a sorry piece of work.
If I may interject...it seems as if TC is posting more about Trumpers than Trump.

The difference is that Trump is a loser, not only as a person, but also, both electorally and popularly (votes that is). He is a washed up has been destined for the dustbin of history. He is slowly fading from view and will be nothing but a shadow of a hazy memory of a dream very soon.

Trumpers, on the other hand, are too stupid to realize it and/or too stubborn to admit it.

I hope that helps clear things up.

If I may interject...it seems as if TC is posting more about Trumpers than Trump.

The difference is that Trump is a loser, not only as a person, but also, both electorally and popularly (votes that is). He is a washed up has been destined for the dustbin of history. He is slowly fading from view and will be nothing but a shadow of a hazy memory of a dream very soon.

Trumpers, on the other hand, are too stupid to realize it and/or too stubborn to admit it.

I hope that helps clear things up.
Self awareness is a developmental need for some, especially when they don't understand we're talking about them and their emotional response to a cult of personality, unfortunately one that is stealing from them like a tele marketing predator.

The narrative I posted is from Trump's latest robo tweets, filled with grievance which is fine I guess but he also uses guilt which is the predatory aspect.

Anyway, Trump convinces Trumpers that Biden is the enemy. Therefore they will never support Biden so why waste time trying to 'turn' them?

Last edited:

Not on point, but I found this to be amusing:

Everyone said at the time it was a stoopid idea, and no one in the private sector did it, but the rank and file federal employees had no choice. If they weren't smart enough to save it all back, that's on them.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I guess his name is DAN C (something) since I often see various posters refer to him as "Dan".
But when I say his name out loud (mainly in conversations with myself ;) ), I always refer to him as if it is pronounced DANK. It just always seemed to fit...
That's because no one ever taught you phonetics. You're an English illiterate.

But that's OK. When I see your name, I always see cosmicdick, which seems to fit.

What you're describing is part of the deep state. But Dems don't believe in that sort of thing.

I wholeheartedly agree but how do you go about it?

You talk about it, you don't personally insult your political enemy, you listen to the other sides pov and you govern in a way that you believe is best for the country knowing full well you'll likely never be everyone's favorite.

I'm coming at it from a political strategy pov. Biden will likely never convert Trumpers to vote for him.

Similar to where do candidates want to spend campaign funds, it's a waste of energy campaigning in certain counties.

Lincoln was and probably still is hated by some groups of Americans. All he could do is listen and treat them with dignity. He still governed how he thought was best for the country even though it cost him his life.

How would you like to be his life insurance provider while in office?
I don't know if you even realize it, but Lincoln's biggest ctitics today are on the Left.

Try to keep up.

That's because no one ever taught you phonetics. You're an English illiterate.

But that's OK. When I see your name, I always see cosmicdick, which seems to fit.

I don't know, that sounds like a guy with a gargantuan sized dick in a 'he seems kind of nerdy but that dude has a cosmic dick' kind of way.

Great question.

Presidents from both parties have remarked unfavorably over the years about the power of the federal bureaucracy. The downside is the bureaucracy resists change. The upside is the bureaucracy resists change, and each new administration doesn't completely upset the apple cart. IMO, the people who administer policy often know much more about issues than the president or members of Congress

On a personal note, I had federal government contracts with a federal department for years and appreciated the consistency of the bureaucrats who in my opinion worked hard to make the department efficient and at the same time serve the private sector. Political appointment heads came and went , and all had a a lot to learn with both good and bad results.

i have also worked for a major private corporation. Bureaucrats exist in the private sector as well. Government doesn't have a monopoly on bureaucrats.

Self awareness is a developmental need for some, especially when they don't understand we're talking about them and their emotional response to a cult of personality, unfortunately one that is stealing from them like a tele marketing predator.

The narrative I posted is from Trump's latest robo tweets, filled with grievance which is fine I guess but he also uses guilt which is the predatory aspect.

Anyway, Trump convinces Trumpers that Biden is the enemy. Therefore they will never support Biden so why waste time trying to 'turn' them?

How old are you? You post like you're a Sophomore in HS that just completed his first psychology class.

I don't need Trump or anyone else to tell me about Scranton Joe. He's been around 50 years and he's always been a liar and a creep.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I don't know, that sounds like a guy with a gargantuan sized dick in a 'he seems kind of nerdy but that dude has a cosmic dick' kind of way.
Well, I'll leave that judgement to your expertise.

I can't decide if I was a Mod whether I'd lock the thread here or start issuing timeouts.

How old are you? You post like you're a Sophomore in HS that just completed his first psychology class.

I don't need Trump or anyone else to tell me about Scranton Joe. He's been around 50 years and he's always been a liar and a creep.

Credit for at least coming up with a slightly above average insult. I like the effort.

ADVERTISEMENT