ADVERTISEMENT

Biden/Harris Cabinet Discussion

Tanden: "Budgets are not abstractions. They are a reflection of our values".
Using progressive ideals to formulate budgets...is a disaster.
Except from what I understand, she's no progressive. She's no fan of Bernie, and the feeling is mutual. She's a Hillary operative and advocate through and through.

Reactions: hoosboot
Except from what I understand, she's no progressive. She's no fan of Bernie, and the feeling is mutual. She's a Hillary operative and advocate through and through.

I'm trying to figure out how she's wrong in that quote. @Spartans9312 - do you think she's wrong in saying that? It seems that she is merely saying that what we spend money on defines what our priorities are. That seems pretty obvious to me. And using hardline conservative ideals to formulate budgets seems like a disaster as well.

I'm trying to figure out how she's wrong in that quote. @Spartans9312 - do you think she's wrong in saying that? It seems that she is merely saying that what we spend money on defines what our priorities are. That seems pretty obvious to me. And using hardline conservative ideals to formulate budgets seems like a disaster as well.
I agree with your last sentence. I think we should spend on what is needed - not what we want.
Just so you know...I think we need a very large stimulus package.
I think that would be against traditional "conservative" thought.

Reactions: hoosboot
I agree with your last sentence. I think we should spend on what is needed - not what we want.
Just so you know...I think we need a very large stimulus package.
I think that would be against traditional "conservative" thought.

Appreciate your thoughts. Agree with most of what you are saying, too, but the demarcation line between what we want and what we need is sometimes hard to find and agree upon. I'm not sure that a large stimulus package would necessarily be against traditional conservative thought, but I do think that it is against current far right priorities and I do think it is necessary to help get us to the finish line of this pandemic in the best shape possible (both for the short-term and long-term). And FWIW, she's one of Biden's nominees that I'm less enthusiastic about (which has nothing to do with her lack of progressive bona fides and more to do with her seeming like too much of a partisan bomb-thrower).

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
"Biden to nominate former Iowa governor Tom Vilsack for agriculture secretary"
This is a good choice. Farm country will be pleased with this but Deese and other cabinet members are looking to hamper oil/gas and ethanol. Will be an interesting tug of war for 4 years, which I expect Vilsack to quit within 2 years

"Biden to nominate former Iowa governor Tom Vilsack for agriculture secretary"
This is a good choice. Farm country will be pleased with this but Deese and other cabinet members are looking to hamper oil/gas and ethanol. Will be an interesting tug of war for 4 years, which I expect Vilsack to quit within 2 years
Isn’t Tom Vilsack the Ag Secretary for life under Democrat Presidents? 😁

Cuomo for AG? Be hard for him to not go after the Trumps.

The Hill: "Senate GOP warns Biden against picking Yates as attorney general"
Yates never had a chance to get Senate confirmation. Biden likely has someone else in mind and she is meant as a distraction.

Reuters: "Biden to pick former Michigan governor Granholm to be energy secretary"
I'm not sure this is real or just distractions

ADVERTISEMENT