ADVERTISEMENT

Biden and the border

IMO, Craze, it isn't all that complicated.

We need immigrants to fill the void of having a low birth rate.

However, Republicans fear by allowing the "wrong immigrants" the end result will be increasing the number of future citizens who will vote for Democrats.

I don't see this necessarily as happening. [You should keep in mind when you read this that in my days as an active Republican, i felt the party could do more to attract minorities and union workers].
C’mon Hoot. That’s a meaningless talking point. The GOP has always been in favor of immigration which serves the national interest. That would include immigrant labor. I don’t know what the hell the Democrats want. Seems like they believe their constituents live outside of our boarders. Biden and Harris speak with more favorable terms those who don’t live here, than they do with those who do.

Let me guess, he is pro-border security?

The same occupant who knowingly hired illegals and repaired 12 miles of fence?

Here's a really simple solution. 10 years in the slammer for any CEO whose corporation hires an illegal knowingly or unknowingly. Illegal immigration will stop overnight. Won't happen. The uniparty is owned by corporate America.
Unknowingly? That seems to be very dictorial and racist . So no one will hire anyone that appears to be Hispanic? Great plan

Reactions: DANC
P

The last occupant of the Oval Office seemed to have a better control of it. Congress has passed the laws, the problem arises when we have an executive in charge who doesn't want to enforce them. Like we have now. When we had one who did, we made deals with Mexico to help block them and we deterred some of them from coming with messaging and word of mouth from those who were sent back or never allowed in to begin with.

We have the border doing exactly what whomever is pulling Joe's strings wants it to do.
Wait a sec. Did the "deals with Mexico" made during the Trump Presidency that you mentioned suddenly expire when Biden was inaugurated?

Please explain why you are suggesting that Biden should make more "deals with Mexico".

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Wait a sec. Did the "deals with Mexico" made during the Trump Presidency that you mentioned suddenly expire when Biden was inaugurated?

Please explain why you are suggesting that Biden should make more "deals with Mexico".
Is it deals or enforcement. We're going to have about a million and a half more apprehended this year than last. The numbers are staggering.

We don’t need a bill. We have immigration laws the Biden and the Democrats don’t like, so they don’t enforce it or apply it. Why have more laws that the Biden administration could ignore. The only legal issue is what to do with all the illegals who are here now. Just cuz we don’t deport all the illegals doesn’t mean congress needs to resolve that problem.

What laws are not being enforced?

We don’t need a bill. We have immigration laws the Biden and the Democrats don’t like, so they don’t enforce it or apply it. Why have more laws that the Biden administration could ignore. The only legal issue is what to do with all the illegals who are here now. Just cuz we don’t deport all the illegals doesn’t mean congress needs to resolve that problem.
CoH, please give this argument for the need for new legislation in regard to immigration your attention.

In part it states,

It is little secret that the immigration laws on the books do not work. Because of numerical limits set in place decades ago, there are unrealistically large and long backlogs for most categories of immigrants to enter the United States. Currently, 3.7 million individuals are awaiting a family-based immigrant visa; many of them already have been waiting 10 to 20 years and can expect to wait far longer before a visa number becomes available.56 To take an extreme—but real—example, a U.S. citizen petitioning for an immigrant visa on behalf of their brother or sister in Mexico today can expect to wait upwards of 160 years for a visa to become available.57

CoH, please give this argument for the need for new legislation in regard to immigration your attention.

In part it states,

It is little secret that the immigration laws on the books do not work. Because of numerical limits set in place decades ago, there are unrealistically large and long backlogs for most categories of immigrants to enter the United States. Currently, 3.7 million individuals are awaiting a family-based immigrant visa; many of them already have been waiting 10 to 20 years and can expect to wait far longer before a visa number becomes available.56 To take an extreme—but real—example, a U.S. citizen petitioning for an immigrant visa on behalf of their brother or sister in Mexico today can expect to wait upwards of 160 years for a visa to become available.57
you prefaced the post i responded to with “Congress and the border". I naturally assumed you were suggesting that we need more laws to deal with the border chaos Biden created.

This post points out a different, and in my opinion an independent, issue. We indeed should streamline our immigration process for legal immigration.

Last edited:
What laws are not being enforced?
Seriously twenty? One of the very first EO’s Biden signed was to restrict ICE ability to take into custody illegal immigrants. Biden also ignores the public charge restriction. He further ignores the communicable disease restrictions. His multi trillion dollar budget proposal actually defunds ICE and illegal immigration enforcement in general. President Biden is constitutionally required to “Faithfully execute the laws of the United States”. He gives the Constitution the finger.

He promised during the campaign to overturn all Trump immigration enforcement. He shitcanned the agreements Trump negotiated with Mexico and the Northern Triangle countries. He stopped the wall. As a result, the border descended into chaos before Biden even took office. The chaos is worse by the week. Biden has no clue what to do know. Neither does Harris who is supposed to deal with this. Her “root causes” policy is just more of her stupid bullshit. Mayorkas is obviously in way over his head. He even admitted the situation is out of control. Biden ordered shutting down five or six permanent immigration checkpoints yesterday just to have the manpower to deal with the thousands of Haitians living in squalor at the border. lord knows how much more fentanyl, sex trafficking, and the accompanying misery Biden is creating.

Trump had the border reasonably under control. This disaster is 100% Biden and all the people who provide cover for him do is mumble about amnesty and outdated laws.

I have not fact checked anything else, but suddenly I am skeptical of the rest.
Seriously? Trump era levels? Biden has deliberately overwhelmed the system. ICE is stretched so thin we are closing checkpoints, giving illegal crossers a wave and a piece of paper, and got-a-ways are at record levels. I’m old enough to remember when the Democrats said a failure to increase services to keep up with need is tantamount to a cut.

Seriously? Trump era levels? Biden has deliberately overwhelmed the system. ICE is stretched so thin we are closing checkpoints, giving illegal crossers a wave and a piece of paper, and got-a-ways are at record levels. I’m old enough to remember when the Democrats said a failure to increase services to keep up with need is tantamount to a cut.
Seriously, that is your response to claiming Biden "actually defunds ICE".

There was no defending, none, zip, zero. Biden is stinking the moderate center right position, I guarantee reducing funding would have more support from the left.

There was no defending, none, zip, zero. Biden is stinking the moderate center right position, I guarantee reducing funding would have more support from the left.
He is s

yes, deliberate underfunding is defunding. Biden is also following the left wing nut jobs by halting much street level enforcement of illegal immigration.

Maybe she will come up for air and get on it.
There it is...another post showing your fear of women who are not in the kitchen making sandwiches for the menfolk. I'm sure your golf locker room buddies got a kick out of it.
Did you make equally enlightened and insightful cracks during the Obama presidency, or are women the only group that makes you uncomfortable when they are in positions of power?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Lol. He was talking about Kamala. She not only makes me uncomfortable when in a position of power, she scares the crap out of me.

Why? She has no base. Moderate dems (me) will not vote for her if R's nominate a reasonably sane candidate.

There it is...another post showing your fear of women who are not in the kitchen making sandwiches for the menfolk. I'm sure your golf locker room buddies got a kick out of it.
Did you make equally enlightened and insightful cracks during the Obama presidency, or are women the only group that makes you uncomfortable when they are in positions of power?
You really have no clue about me. Kamala likes to reference her blow job expertise so I can make reference to it.

The women in my office with or without degrees are compensated as well as or better than males. I had a young Mennonite lady working in my office who had passed the CPA exam. Her husband was a male chauvinist who discouraged her from taking the ethics exam and completing the process of getting her certificate. I encouraged her until she did it. She now proudly displays her certificate wherever she’s working.

I despise Harris for her politics and actions. I despise the President for the same reasons. I comment on his smelling and touching of young girls and women. They’re both pieces of shit just like you think of Trump.

Bark up another tree rather than trying to call me a male chauvinist wanting women in the kitchen. I am far from it.

You really have no clue about me. Kamala likes to reference her blow job expertise so I can make reference to it.

The women in my office with or without degrees are compensated as well as or better than males. I had a young Mennonite lady working in my office who had passed the CPA exam. Her husband was a male chauvinist who discouraged her from taking the ethics exam and completing the process of getting her certificate. I encouraged her until she did it. She now proudly displays her certificate wherever she’s working.

I despise Harris for her politics and actions. I despise the President for the same reasons. I comment on his smelling and touching of young girls and women. They’re both pieces of shit just like you think of Trump.

Bark up another tree rather than trying to call me a male chauvinist wanting women in the kitchen. I am far from it.
Why not criticize her for her politics and actions, then?
Either you are doing just what I suggested, or you are merely showing off for your posse on here. Somehow, that's even more pathetic.
Good to see some of your best friends are women, though.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucy01
Such an angry old dude. Just one big f up after another and the best he can do is be snarky with the media.

C3Z1.gif

Where's all the talk about Trump and the 'brown menace' now?

Why have all the leftists gone silent on this?
Can you imagine if Trump had sent "only" black males back to their country of origin or had the Border Patrol ride them down... 🤔

The word Hypocrisy doesn't do this justice...

This tax dodging pimp will help the situation. Lol. Biden will send some money Al’s way and all will be good.

The fact that Anyone on the left actually gives that lying joker any type of forum shows how far they'll bend over backwards to prove they aren't racist (and if they have to go that far it makes one wonder what they really think)...

No regrets from lying Al:

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
The fact that Anyone on the left actually gives that lying joker any type of forum shows how far they'll bend over backwards to prove they aren't racist (and if they have to go that far it makes one wonder what they really think)...

No regrets from lying Al:
At least we haven't nominated him for POTUS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT