ADVERTISEMENT

Best piece of IU football memorabilia

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
My son went to Indy for a bachelor party. One activity was an Indians game. He met Scott Dolson at the game and the two talked for a while . As they were leaving, Dolson asked for his business card!

My son received a package today, Dolson sent a game used football helmet from the 2020 season signed by Tom Allen. They must have had a good discussion. #LEO

Love to hear stories like this. Thx for sharing.
My best piece is a signed Knight pic to my mother upon her retirement. Coach is a family friend. Go Hoosiers!

4 things - 1) RMK personally autographed basketball, 2) ARE personally autographed football, 3) personal letter from RMK in 1974 politely declining my offer to serve as IU’s host for a 3 game road trip in Honolulu (I lived there at the time), and 4) game used IU football from 1976.

My son went to Indy for a bachelor party. One activity was an Indians game. He met Scott Dolson at the game and the two talked for a while . As they were leaving, Dolson asked for his business card!

My son received a package today, Dolson sent a game used football helmet from the 2020 season signed by Tom Allen. They must have had a good discussion. #LEO
Lucky guy!

4 things - 1) RMK personally autographed basketball, 2) ARE personally autographed football, 3) personal letter from RMK in 1974 politely declining my offer to serve as IU’s host for a 3 game road trip in Honolulu (I lived there at the time), and 4) game used IU football from 1976.
Insight bowl ring, purchased from eBay.

I researched the name and actually found the guy who earned it.

He told me he was broke and sold it to a memorable collector/reseller . I told him that this was his ring, and he could have it back if he paid what I paid.

Didn't mean that much to him, apparently.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT