ADVERTISEMENT

Best Lake Michigan beach towns

Rags to Roses

All-American
Aug 9, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I've never been to any beach towns on Lake Michigan but want to make up a short list for a visit. Looking for a place with a walkable & interesting downtown/main street with plenty of restaurant/bar options...preferably a decent number with outside seating. Any suggestions?

I've never been to any beach towns on Lake Michigan but want to make up a short list for a visit. Looking for a place with a walkable & interesting downtown/main street with plenty of restaurant/bar options...preferably a decent number with outside seating. Any suggestions?
Holland fits that list really well. Amazing beach. Huge beach. Great Irish pub/restaurant that I forget the name.

Reactions: Rags to Roses
Holland fits that list really well. Amazing beach. Huge beach. Great Irish pub/restaurant that I forget the name.
The Curragh.

@Rags to Roses I haven't traveled to Holland since the pandemic, but if you end up picking Holland, let me know. I've been going there to see a clients 5-6 times/year since 2015 and can give you a list of places from breakfast to beer joints to nice restaurants to seasonal ice cream stands.

I'm just not sure what's still open.

We just got back from Frankfort, great town along the M-22. Glen Arbor is another awesome one. These are smaller towns without the vacation crowds like South Haven, Holland, etc.

We just got back from Frankfort, great town along the M-22. Glen Arbor is another awesome one. These are smaller towns without the vacation crowds like South Haven, Holland, etc.
I’ll have to check those out. I was married in South Haven and the wife and I want to buy a beach house there, but it’s become outrageously expensive and I think too crowded. I had suggested we look at another less crowded town in the area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT