ADVERTISEMENT

Bench them all the 2nd half

Guess we still suck. I told myself not to get to excited about this season.

I’m so sick of mediocrity. Last 15 years of just underperforming. It’s just the culture at IU now. No personality, no consistency, and no up swing. For a “defensive” coach we look ridiculous.

Dumb. This is college basketball.

No effort or awareness defensively. Poor IQ offensively not going to the cash cow that worked (inside feed) every time.

Further, the plan should have been to get Reuvers fouls early because he is all they have inside.

Plus, I would go Davis and TJD together and bulldoze. They have nothing to stop inside.

Reactions: ufo33
Remember when players used to exceed expectation with shear grit and playing hard?

I’m so sick of mediocrity. Last 15 years of just underperforming. It’s just the culture at IU now. No personality, no consistency, and no up swing. For a “defensive” coach we look ridiculous.

IU has been mediocre for 25 years.... not sure why people think that's going to quickly change.

Reactions: hometownfan
I am num to it all now. Im actually at the mall. I was going to go home and watch until i saw how we were playing. Why even bother.

Reactions: BigMobe
This defense we've seen so far is as bad as the Crean era, they're getting wide open with minimal effort.

Bring in Gregg Marshall. I really should be the IU AD. I've been right about every single hire the past 20 years...unfortunately.

But people still make the same excuses that led to Crean being here 9 years. Same excuses being made for Miller. Even Glass stated “ Major rebuild”. Yet again , other schools don’t take 15 years to rebuild. We’ve be underperforming for 12-15 years. Probably could’ve got Stevens when we hired Crean , could’ve gotten Holtzman when we hired Miller. Tried co-coaches after Knight was fired , etc.etc. It’s an administration problem. We’re a joke now.

At some point the coach needs to send a message

why do other programs rebuild so fast....you put out this kind of effort at any other program and you ass sits on the bench for 2-3 game until you understand what is expected

Reactions: bsmitty08
But people still make the same excuses that led to Crean being here 9 years. Same excuses being made for Miller. Even Glass stated “ Major rebuild”. Yet again , other schools don’t take 15 years to rebuild. We’ve be underperforming for 12-15 years. Probably could’ve got Stevens when we hired Crean , could’ve gotten Holtzman when we hired Miller. Tried co-coaches after Knight was fired , etc.etc. It’s an administration problem. We’re a joke now.

lol. It’s one road game after crushing FSU team at home. You guys are a fragile bunch.

Yeah, fragile. Not like we haven’t been experiencing this same stuff for 10+ years. It’s freaking coaching and has been. We’ll see what your comments at the end of the season are.

Reactions: bsmitty08
How about the substitutions? With our size would could go with a big lineup and probably be impossible for them to guard. If nothing else, get them in foul trouble. But... we seem to make sure we keep the same size guys on the floor as the other team.

Was at a wedding was shocked to hear we were down 20 at the half. I have a feeling it's going to be a long season on the road.

How about the substitutions? With our size would could go with a big lineup and probably be impossible for them to guard. If nothing else, get them in foul trouble. But... we seem to make sure we keep the same size guys on the floor as the other team.
lol .... of all the stupid things said today.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Did you like the lineup changes, tmp? Thought our game plan was spot on? Looking back, your right. I think he made all the right moves in this one. I am stupid... I’m sorry to doubt or even question the strategy of someone who continues to lose badly to mediocre, less talented teams.

So your kicking sand on them already ?
I'd said 3-3 threw this 6 ..
Relax ...
Maybe 3-3 is reasonable over this 6 game span and maybe not. You could be spot on. But I surely was hoping we could play with more effort and execute better. We flat out didn’t compete last night. It is an embarrassing loss in the way it happened.

You want to wager on that? And then we’re not 500, you have a bunch of BS excuses. Temperature and humidity weren’t right, doesn’t have his players , etc etc. Ray Charles could see CAM is over his head.

It may take Bob Knight walking back thru the Assembly Hall doors like Neo in the Matrix to change IU's luck going forward.
There is no spoon.

No effort or awareness defensively. Poor IQ offensively not going to the cash cow that worked (inside feed) every time.

Further, the plan should have been to get Reuvers fouls early because he is all they have inside.

Plus, I would go Davis and TJD together and bulldoze. They have nothing to stop inside.
Davis is not going to be any help. He is either not physically able, or he is trying to finish up his last year healthy. Either way, he is playing well below the level we saw him in his first two yeas.

ADVERTISEMENT