ADVERTISEMENT

Begging TJD to stay

Wasn’t someone here saying all of the portal players should have to try out to reclaim their spots? Glad Woody brings a more enlightened viewpoint.

TJD isn't in the transfer portal is he?Just whether he declares for draft or not so he is still on the team at the moment

After seeing some of your posts it leaves no doubt that you are feepee. Go root for UK and Purdue. SMH. He sure has had magic the last few years. Lol
We’ve been having this back and forth for literally years. Not just you either. And for years UK and Purdue keep getting drastically better results. They were 10 years ago. They were 5 years ago. 3 years ago. And now.

Yet you keep telling me we shouldn’t be more like them. You live in an alternate reality. You can’t see outside your blinders. Get a clue.

"What do people not get here?

For someone who flaunts 'spiritiuality' like Versace you're awfully dense. It's called 'enabling' and it's what men, society and institutions have been doing to women for centuries. TCracker may be right about Alford's motivation for doing what he did but it really doesn't matter - his initial and complete dismissal of the allegations against Pierce showed an abysmal lack of judgment.

If you don't "get" how that type of behavior immunizes sexual predators from their victims and protects them from consequences while fostering the problem, maybe you should try a different book - optimally one that isn't so reliant on chauvinist parables/narrative.
What if Pierce had been innocent? We don't assume guilt do we? I don't flaunt anything. I am what I am a believer in Jesus as Savior and Lord. My initial point was the disdain people have for Alford. They act as though he was doing the raping. It's almost like people are more mad at Alford then they are Pierce.

What if Pierce had been innocent? We don't assume guilt do we? I don't flaunt anything. I am what I am a believer in Jesus as Savior and Lord. My initial point was the disdain people have for Alford. They act as though he was doing the raping. It's almost like people are more mad at Alford then they are Pierce.
No he tried to pray away the anal rape.

Now maybe you would like a coach trying to set you up with prayer about forgiveness after one of his players raped your anus, but most people would probably find that pretty much offensive.

He assumed the victim was guilty of lying before letting it play out in court.

That builds an environment where victims may feel they have no recourse.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Then that would have come out. The point was/is not to become part of the problem by assuming that one doesn't exist. Not to "assume guilt" also means not assuming that the woman is a liar or imply that she's some sort of 'slut' who later regretted her actions because her allegation was dismissed out of hand.

And for the record you do flaunt it - hundreds of posters here and you're the only one who wears it on his sleeve or ever mentions it (see above). No idea why you think it's of any interest/germane. It's not.

No he tried to pray away the anal rape.

Now maybe you would like a coach trying to set you up with prayer about forgiveness after one of his players raped your anus, but most people would probably find that pretty much offensive.
Can see that sensitivity training is really helping.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
I wasn't crazy about Coach Woodson's answer to Don Fischer about TJD. He stated that he's "begging" TJD to stay in Bloomington another year. I think that sends the wrong message to TJD, and the rest of the team, that one player is so important that a coach has to beg for him to stay. I doubt he's begging any players in the portal to stay. And so much for the Norman Dale approach! I'd have been much happier if the extent of his remarks was closer to "as an NBA coach, I know I can help Trayce in his desire to become an NBA player. I will recommend that he stay so I can put him in a much stronger position to attract NBA interest. But the decision is his to make. I'd like him to stay - it would be good for him, and frankly good for our team as well. But if he wants to leave, I will wish him well."

I'll admit that I wasn't thrilled about the choice of Woodson for our head coach. On the other hand, I thought that Archie was a great choice and I was certainly wrong about that. I look forward to CMW proving me wrong again!
I'm sure his comment to Fish was hyperbole.

Woodson seems like the kind of guy that has laid out why he thinks TJD should come back to TJD and Dale and the rest of the family. He is not going to literally "beg" players and he's not going to promise playing time. I think that is what got Archie in trouble. I think he believed that he had to recruit a higher level of player, and he promised playing time to do so. Promised playing time is the death to any team. It gets you what Cal had this year at UK, extreme underachievers who don't do all the work.

We’ve been having this back and forth for literally years. Not just you either. And for years UK and Purdue keep getting drastically better results. They were 10 years ago. They were 5 years ago. 3 years ago. And now.

Yet you keep telling me we shouldn’t be more like them. You live in an alternate reality. You can’t see outside your blinders. Get a clue.
Just STFU already. You can’t even comprehend what was being discussed. You win. Troll.

It wasn’t the right answer. He should have said he’s going to advise TJD on what’s best for TJD, not what’s best for IU or Mike Woodson. That’s what builds credibility.

As a college coach you ALWAYS do what’s best for the kid. Always. If you do that consistently the personal success will come. That’s been Calipari’s magic all this time.
Is Billy still coming? Or was it . . . Beilein???

YDS

I see your point. If he said,"he said he was innocent" it would not have looked as bad. But to vilify a guy over a few words of difference is my problem. I don't know Alford's heart, meaning the reason why he believed Pierce was innocent. Some guys are good at covering up their wrongs. Perhaps Pierce was very good at sounding innocent so Steve completely got bamboozled.
He didn’t just say PP was innocent, he intervened and had a “spiritual advisor” make contact with the alleged victim in an effort to convince her to retract her allegations. Alford stepped way over the line, and he‘d bounced out of his job today in no time had he taken such an action. His behavior was awful.

It wasn’t the right answer. He should have said he’s going to advise TJD on what’s best for TJD, not what’s best for IU or Mike Woodson. That’s what builds credibility.

As a college coach you ALWAYS do what’s best for the kid. Always. If you do that consistently the personal success will come. That’s been Calipari’s magic all this time.
I finally took the time to go see what was actually said rather than what the wannabes here were sobbing about.

“When I look at the big fella Davis, he’s had a tremendous Big Ten career. I mean, the kid averaged 20 points in the Big Ten. That’s big-time,” said Woodson, who was named IU men’s basketball’s head coach Monday. “But he’s gotta be able to use his other hand. I’m going to beg for him to stay with me, and talking to his parents, because I think I can help him develop and get to the next level, because there’s some eyes out there that are looking at him.”

This quote in no way resembles the bullshit spin that has been put on it by you and others here. Sounds to me like Woody is doing what is best for the young man without forcing him to stand knee-deep in the calipari slime you seem to love.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
I finally took the time to go see what was actually said rather than what the wannabes here were sobbing about.

“When I look at the big fella Davis, he’s had a tremendous Big Ten career. I mean, the kid averaged 20 points in the Big Ten. That’s big-time,” said Woodson, who was named IU men’s basketball’s head coach Monday. “But he’s gotta be able to use his other hand. I’m going to beg for him to stay with me, and talking to his parents, because I think I can help him develop and get to the next level, because there’s some eyes out there that are looking at him.”

This quote in no way resembles the bullshit spin that has been put on it by you and others here. Sounds to me like Woody is doing what is best for the young man without forcing him to stand knee-deep in the calipari slime you seem to love.
You’re so overly emotional and blind. I’ve been teaching you for a decade now and you just refuse to learn. I can’t help you kid.

You’re so overly emotional and blind. I’ve been teaching you for a decade now and you just refuse to learn. I can’t help you kid.

Did you even read the quote? Are you still sticking with your clearly BS comments?

My lord Feepaw...

When do Belein and Fife report for duty?

ADVERTISEMENT