ADVERTISEMENT

Before and after us

syddasloth

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2002
Jacksonville IL
I've always been interested in seeing who our opponents played the week before and after we meet them to see if we have any scheduling edge. Will that team be coming off a really tough game? Will they have a rivalry game right after playing us? Are they coming off a bye week? I thought it would be fun to list the before and after games of our conference opponents and anticipate if the timing might help or hinder us.

MSU: before--home vs WIS (note they play at ND the week prior)
after---BYU
OSU: before--bye week
after---RTG
NEB: before--bye week
after--PU
NW: before--away vs MSU
after--away vs OSU
MD: before--home vs MSU
after--away vs UM
RTG: before--away vs MIN
after--bye week
PSU: before--home vs IA
after--away vs RTG
UM: before--away vs IA
after--away vs OSU
PU: before--home vs WIS

I'm not liking OSU and NEB having a bye before our game. MSU will have their focus big time on ND and WIS prior to our clash, so they may see us as a breather. NW has us sandwiched between away games with two big boys on the road, but we meet them following a gauntlet of Sparty/Buckeyes/NEB. Maryland will have their hands full squeezing us in between the two Michigans. Rutgers, I don't care who they have cuz we will be ready with vengeance. Penn St. and MICH both have the Hawkeyes preceding us, so they will have their hands full preparing. And the Wolverines get their ultimate rivalry game right after us.
PU? War time!

Just something to kick around as we follow BTN coverage of media days. I'm looking forward to some player and roster info this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News