ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Thread

PhishPhan682

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
had an EPIC score on the beer front today.

Received two Prairie BOMB!, Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail,18th St Bitch B Crazy, 18th Street Undercrown, Mikkeller Mosaic, Mikkeller Monk's Brew, Evil Twin Freudian Slip and 18th Stree BA Hunter.

Also found a 2013 KBS in my cellar that I forgot I had. #Winning

Nice. We're hosting a friend's 40th birthday party and I was (naturally) put in charge of the beer. Big Red gave me a pretty decent discount on 2 cases of Lagunitas Maximas, 2 cases of Oberon, a case of Bud Lite and a case of Miller Lite. I'll probably add a couple 4 packs of Headhunter IPA and hide them for the cool guys.

Received two Prairie BOMB!, Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail,18th St Bitch B Crazy, 18th Street Undercrown, Mikkeller Mosaic, Mikkeller Monk's Brew, Evil Twin Freudian Slip and 18th Stree BA Hunter.

Ever had anything from Maine Beer Co? I finally found their Lunch ipa the other day and have high expectations since they make some really great stuff (although a touch overpriced)

I've heard of it but haven't tasted any yet. They are very highly touted and rated on untapped and beer advocate.

Nice.

Prairie Bomb is a big beer - one of those is good for two peeps.

You wearing your beer group t-shirt?

I keed, I keed....

I did find out about the BOMB release through my share group. I did happen to see two other folks from the group at the store. I did not however wear my shirt. I left straight from work.

Our logo....
11000558_10153901139119240_7425968413591445032_o.jpg

I did find out about the BOMB release through my share group. I did happen to see two other folks from the group at the store. I did not however wear my shirt. I left straight from work.

Our logo....
11000558_10153901139119240_7425968413591445032_o.jpg

So you're starting to see some 18th St hitting the shelves there?

The Mikkeller Mosaic sounds good. I'm a fan of single hop ales.

One store in town "gets it". They got 2 cases of the 18th and 1 case of the BOMB. It it funny to watch the guy in front of me bypass the BA Hunter for an Oberon and then the guy after me had a 30 rack of Busch Light.

One store in town "gets it". They got 2 cases of the 18th and 1 case of the BOMB. It it funny to watch the guy in front of me bypass the BA Hunter for an Oberon and then the guy after me had a 30 rack of Busch Light.
Just out of curiosity, what did they hook you for on the BA Hunter?

Prarie Bomb! Is the shit, my favorite stout. The chilis provide just enough heat to counter the sweetness of the cocoa. Awesome.

Having a Dark Horse Smells Like a Safety Meeting, really good, like it better than crooked Tree.

Prarie Bomb! Is the shit, my favorite stout. The chilis provide just enough heat to counter the sweetness of the cocoa. Awesome.

Having a Dark Horse Smells Like a Safety Meeting, really good, like it better than crooked Tree.
That's saying something. Crooked Tree is pretty damn good. The DIPA is pretty damn gooder.

Laurelwood Workhorse IPA for me tonight. One of Portland's best IPAs...making it one of the world's best. 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon for the wife. Cheers!

TMP replying to a beer thread = Outside shitter replying to all the pats football/tom brady posts.

We get it man. Your point is valid and taken. So why continue to beat a dead horse?

Your answer of "to educate us about it being a boring buzz that is lame and boring" is also beating a dead donkey...

Reactions: C-$
TMP replying to a beer thread = Outside shitter replying to all the pats football/tom brady posts.

We get it man. Your point is valid and taken. So why continue to beat a dead horse?

Your answer of "to educate us about it being a boring buzz that is lame and boring" is also beating a dead donkey...
Oh, good. I wonder if he'll back it up with SCIENCE.

TMP is playing a role. Let him play his role, Phish.

Never had Bomb! but I'm sure I'd love it. Perrenial Abraxas and Stone Xocoveza are tremendous Mexican/mole inspired stouts.

I had Boulevard's bourbon barrel aged imperial stout tonight. Split a bomber. It's very nice for the style, if a tad thinner and sweeter than I prefer. It's a very good, accessible barrel aged stout that doesn't get hype that's worth checking out. I prefer the straight coffee minus the barrel aging though.

Never had Bomb! but I'm sure I'd love it. Perrenial Abraxas and Stone Xocoveza are tremendous Mexican/mole inspired stouts.

I had Boulevard's bourbon barrel aged imperial stout tonight. Split a bomber. It's very nice for the style, if a tad thinner and sweeter than I prefer. It's a very good, accessible barrel aged stout that doesn't get hype that's worth checking out. I prefer the straight coffee minus the barrel aging though.
I had Victory's Kirsch Gose. It was like drinking sour cherry lemonade which, after mowing the lawn after a cardio workout and lifting weights, was pretty flocking good.

I'm picking up Stone Ruination 2.0 (thanks to your recommendation) and Stone Pale Ale 2.0 tomorrow, along with a 12-pack of Grapefruit Sculpin (6 bottles, 6 cans to determine if there's a difference). Seriously, I need to build another garage to hold another beer fridge.

alright O. The 2013 Darkness needs to hit my door soon.

Holla atta playa. I have a couple things I think you would like.

I had Victory's Kirsch Gose. It was like drinking sour cherry lemonade which, after mowing the lawn after a cardio workout and lifting weights, was pretty flocking good.

I'm picking up Stone Ruination 2.0 (thanks to your recommendation) and Stone Pale Ale 2.0 tomorrow, along with a 12-pack of Grapefruit Sculpin (6 bottles, 6 cans to determine if there's a difference). Seriously, I need to build another garage to hold another beer fridge.
The Victory Gose was decent. It's a good summer beer, I agree, and a good change of pace for my usual hoppy pales and IPAs but I'm not sure I'll get another 4 pack. The Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose is ok, the same price, and comes in 6 packs of cans. For that style it's the way to go I think, though I'll try almost anything from Victory. They just need to can Headwaters and Prima Pils.

I picked up a 12 pack of cans of Ale Asylum's Hopalicious today. It's solid, if not great, as a cascade single hopped pale ale. It's no ZD, but that canned format and price are great. Ale Asylum is not spectacular but I haven't had anything bad from them. I'm a fan.

The Victory Gose was decent. It's a good summer beer, I agree, and a good change of pace for my usual hoppy pales and IPAs but I'm not sure I'll get another 4 pack. The Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose is ok, the same price, and comes in 6 packs of cans. For that style it's the way to go I think, though I'll try almost anything from Victory. They just need to can Headwaters and Prima Pils.

I picked up a 12 pack of cans of Ale Asylum's Hopalicious today. It's solid, if not great, as a cascade single hopped pale ale. It's no ZD, but that canned format and price are great. Ale Asylum is not spectacular but I haven't had anything bad from them. I'm a fan.
I like Hopalicious a lot. Ale Asylum is solid.

I'm trying to figure out how to secure Pliny The Younger. Looks like I'm gonna have to head to Cali, to accomplish that.

I like Hopalicious a lot. Ale Asylum is solid.

I'm trying to figure out how to secure Pliny The Younger. Looks like I'm gonna have to head to Cali, to accomplish that.
If I came across The Younger I'd be ecstatic but there is no way I'd fight the lines at RR for it. I'd love to try it but there is so much great stuff out there as you always say, it's a great time to be a beer nerd.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

if you're gonna do this at least be interesting and funny.

Poser... wanna be ...

HIt 'em up TMP. That's why facked yo beyotch

We have discussed my lack of creativity at length. I'm a poser at everything I do. I'm not creative.

While you diagnose this post I hope you a safe travel back to normalcy.

If I came across The Younger I'd be ecstatic but there is no way I'd fight the lines at RR for it. I'd love to try it but there is so much great stuff out there as you always say, it's a great time to be a beer nerd.
A beer bar here got a keg of Younger but put "Miller High Life - $5.50" on the board. The keg lasted a week.

Yeah, I'm not sure I wanna be that guy, but that's the whale I'm chasing. I've gotta think on this some more.

BTW, I won't purchase any more of the Kirsch Gose, either. It was good, but not that good. I'm really looking forward to the Ruination 2.0 - I love Ruination, and 2.0 sounds significantly "upgraded."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT