ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Thread

tl.horizontal_main.jpg

tasty

I’ve had jai alai before. For me it’s ok, but not something I’d grab ahead of anything else available. Good to see you’re having a good weekend though. I’ve got a tall boy of coronado brewing weekend vibes in my hand right now.

I’ve had jai alai before. For me it’s ok, but not something I’d grab ahead of anything else available. Good to see you’re having a good weekend though. I’ve got a tall boy of coronado brewing weekend vibes in my hand right now.
Im also having my first home brewed IPA - very pleased w it - Azacca, El Dorado, and Citra(dry hopped) - at 7%...
Its excellent - I will definitely try to reproduce it soon in next week or two...

2019_EJB0704_19ozCan_Mockup2-731x1600.png

I’ll throw this beer into the Great beer category...and at 9.4 %...it’s crazy-good...

But I bought it at $16.99/6 pack...

2019_EJB0704_19ozCan_Mockup2-731x1600.png

I’ll throw this beer into the Great beer category...and at 9.4 %...it’s crazy-good...

But I bought it at $16.99/6 pack...

I’ve had my eye out for that beer for awhile but haven’t come across it, and I’m in Cali. Where’d you get it? Maybe I’m just overlooking easy access to it.

dbltwohea-500x500-crop.png

Wowzers!
Delicious!
The 11% booze are hidden by the deliciousness...

Expect stupid posts w misspellings to begin in about 2 hrs...

Reactions: iucutter87
images

This one is very delicious and new to me.
I had Boss Tweed in Indy at Redemption last weekend on tap and it was like Orange Juice w/pulp tasty!

I prefer draft beer, so giving Boss Tweed the nod...however if M-43 comes around on tap...I reserve the right to change my opinion!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
water has less calories and tastes the same...
Half true (on the calories). Sorry you can’t taste it.

I didn’t say it was a great tasting beer. I prefer a Porter or almost any craft lager over the Mich Ultra, but it is not a bad tasting beer. Lacking in depth, yes. But water? No. Besides, water doesn’t have (well, shouldn’t have) any alcohol content.

Half true (on the calories). Sorry you can’t taste it.

I didn’t say it was a great tasting beer. I prefer a Porter or almost any craft lager over the Mich Ultra, but it is not a bad tasting beer. Lacking in depth, yes. But water? No. Besides, water doesn’t have (well, shouldn’t have) any alcohol content.
I love tasting all these craft beers and new tastes...but my garage fridge always still has Coors Light in it...
Sometimes you want to be able to have 8-10 beers throughout a day in the yard...and still make it upstairs at the end of the night...

Reactions: mohoosier
I love tasting all these craft beers and new tastes...but my garage fridge always still has Coors Light in it...
Sometimes you want to be able to have 8-10 beers throughout a day in the yard...and still make it upstairs at the end of the night...
I drink local pilsners and kolsch style beers all the time. They normally range from 4.5-5.5%

That’s like knowingly eating a 64 oz steak that is a particularly bad cut of meat. Why would you do that when you could get a 16 oz bone-in ribeye that wouldn’t make you crap all over yourself, taste ..... literally MILES better, and cost less?

To each his own, drink and let drink, but deciding that drinking 10 cans of Coors Light is the proper course to take on any day is a head scratcher, to be kind.

I drink local pilsners and kolsch style beers all the time. They normally range from 4.5-5.5%
You must live in an area w lots of local breweries.

That’s like knowingly eating a 64 oz steak that is a particularly bad cut of meat. Why would you do that when you could get a 16 oz bone-in ribeye that wouldn’t make you crap all over yourself, taste ..... literally MILES better, and cost less?

To each his own, drink and let drink, but deciding that drinking 10 cans of Coors Light is the proper course to take on any day is a head scratcher, to be kind.
because on a hot yard work day Im thirsty...

A co-worker sent me a sixer of Ale Asylum's Velveteen Habit. Interesting IPA that kind of finishes like an amber.

4Z8eAVW.jpg

Reactions: cryano
Oddly, I had Bier’s Pumpkin tonight for the first time this year. Very light, smooth, and flavorful. Was surprised to see it on tap in Jeffersonville.

Had ZwanzigZ Barrel Aged Imperial Stout the other day at their pizza place in Columbus. I've lived in Brown County for going on 4 years, and for some reason had never made it over there until now. That's a good beer and an ass-kicker at 12.4 ABV. I think I've made the switch to Imperial Stouts now, pretty much not liking any non-dark beer any more.

Last edited:
Quaff On's barrel-aged Fool's Russian is good too, though they're out of it now for the season. But their non-barrel-aged Fool's Russian Imperial Stout is also quite good. Honestly, for all the hype, I don't remember the Three Floyds Dark Lord being better than Quaff On Fools Russian, IMHO...

Quaff On is best at their darker beers - their lighter stuff is so-so.

Busted Knuckle is very solid for a porter. Very quaff able for a darker beer and doesn't sit heavy on the stomach. They have a Peanut Butter Busted version too which is very tasty.

If you go out to the Hard Truth Hills distillery, ask for the "Christina-butter." It's their Peanut Butter Busted Knuckle with a shot of Hard Truth Hills coconut rum. It's tasty.
We had a homebrew day release w an apple amber...and ended up mixing cups of it w the new peanut butter bourbon/whiskey...ladies loved it
Made both more drinkable than on their own.

Primeval Brewing in Noblesville has had my attention for a few weeks now. Last night it was a growler of their dunkelweizen. Only place on my side of town that does German lagers and does them well. Their hefeweisen and helles are good too. They also have a rauchbier that's like drinking a bacon sandwich.

I went to a really cool concept brewery this past weekend w a few delicious beers...
Mirror Twin Brewery in Lexington, KY.

If you get to Lexington...make it a spot!

ci-toppling-goliath-twisted-galaxy-768134b95814d456.jpeg
Best beer Ive had in a while...
Pseudo Sue draws me to TG beers...but this one is great!

Unfavorable opinion... the new Light Two Hearted sucks.
I had it last night and today...I didnt mind the taste for a 3.7%...and had 4 tonite w the neighbor and was able to talk and think straight...It will probably become my summer beer...over the wolf-pup that I had a couple times last summer...
Much better than the Coors/Miller/Bud brands of u4% light beers...
I guess I should probably try Founders All-Day...

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Minneapolis for a few days this last week. Surly's Furious is so damn good. Also had a couple of Summit's IPAs, Saga and 21.

It is even lighter. It is like 3.5%.

I'd drink an All Day. I'll never drink another Light Two Hearted
I bought it...I think its a beer you have to start with and stay with...
For a cookout, tailgate or party of kind...

Its not a ‘home from work’ or a ‘start the grill beer’...when you want a big flavor impact...

But...it beats domestics...would be a no-brainer if was $2 less...

beer-1569952_34773_hd.jpeg

This one finally made its way to SouIn area...pretty delicious...hops linger for quite a while.

Toppling Goliath continues to amaze me w their IPA’s...Pseudo Sue and Twisted Galaxy being my favorites...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT