ADVERTISEMENT

Beer and Wine Sales

congrats on being one of the 23 people left in MS at the end of the PSU game.

that said, what does your not wanting to go to your car have to do with someone else wanting to?

Nothing at all, just that you may not be able too without the price of a ticket. I just don't see it as a big tragedy.

congrats on being one of the 23 people left in MS at the end of the PSU game.

that said, what does your not wanting to go to your car have to do with someone else wanting to?
Maybe if you'd go to a game sometime, you'd understand.

If you don't go to games, why do you even have an opinion about it?

A), i don't go to every game, but have been to my share.

i did go to every game for almost 15 yrs, before i moved away the 1st time.

B), if your point is that only those affected should be involved with, or have an opinion on, the policy, i'm totally good with that.

the only people affected, are those who want to have the option to go to their car and come back in if they need to.

the current policy is, that we leave the decision up to them.

i'm totally good with that.

you and a few others are the ones obsessing beyond ridicuality over something that has absolutely zero bearing what so ever on you.

If you don't go to games, why do you even have an opinion about it?
It's real simple. Those of us who are alumni who don't have the opportunity to go to every game and are still interested enough in IU sports to be steady donors to IU athletics still have an opinion.

Last edited:
If they do away wi th pass outs it will cost you 70 dollars to get back in. I suggest you plan accordingly and bring everything you are going to need in the next 4 hours. I have probably been to hundreds of sporting events and I don't think I ever had to leave to go get something.
I can’t think of another stadium that still has pass outs. Needs to go away.

It's real simple. Those of us who are alumni who don't have the opportunity to go to every game and are still interested enough in IU sports to be steady donors to IU athletics still have an opinion.
Fine, you have an opinion. I'm just asking why you care about alcohol being served in the stands, when it's already being sold in the suites, WHEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN AT THE GAME???

why does it need to go away?

if you had an answer, you would have given it.

you don't, thus you didn't. (nor have you or anyone else in any of the other 100 times we've discussed this).

beyond ridiculous brew ha ha over nothing.

the constant obsession over this by a few busy body idiots hell bent on imposing themselves on others for reasons they themselves can't even explain, is beyond absurd.

you don't, thus you didn't. (nor have you or anyone else in any of the other 100 times we've discussed this).

the constant obsession over this by a few busy body idiots hell bent on imposing themselves on others for reasons they themselves can't even explain, is beyond absurd.
No one owes you any further explanation. Reasons for supporting, and for not supporting ending pass outs have been discussed to the nth degree.
The University, for perfectly valid reasons, will make this change sooner or later. Probably sooner. That isn’t anyone “imposing” anything on anyone. It’s IU bringing access control at football games in line with practically every event on the planet where large numbers of people are gathered, including other events on campus.

I’ll give a reason. People who want a beer will stay rather than leave. Once you leave, get to car and drink, it is too tempting to not go all the way back. Keep em in. Will also give pause to those that know they can’t come back knowing decision is final. On former scenario, just hope they don’t screw up by not having enough stand options creating long lines.

I’ll give a reason. People who want a beer will stay rather than leave. Once you leave, get to car and drink, it is too tempting to not go all the way back. Keep em in. Will also give pause to those that know they can’t come back knowing decision is final. On former scenario, just hope they don’t screw up by not having enough stand options creating long lines.

That (plenty of beer availability) along with several strategically placed porta urinals on the first and second concourses...
That would be money well spent (in my opinion). Maybe 4 porta potties on each concourse place across from, or near, the existing restrooms would do the trick...

you're making a beyond absurd claim that the only reason anyone would ever run to their car is for alcohol.

someone that addicted can sneak in a flask.

i don't even drink, but have run to my car for a jacket, hat, sunglasses, phone..

only a few times over 50 yrs, but still glad for the option.

a family with young kids would have more reasons than i.

No one owes you any further explanation. Reasons for supporting, and for not supporting ending pass outs have been discussed to the nth degree.

and never once over all the yrs has anyone ever given any valid reason for ending pass outs, for the same reason you never could, and can't give one now.

come back when you actually have a credible reason.

good luck with that.

don't come back without one.

and never once over all the yrs has anyone ever given any valid reason for ending pass outs, for the same reason you never could, and can't give one now.

come back when you actually have a credible reason.

good luck with that.

don't come back without one.
Valid reasons have been given over and over and over. Just because a reason is not one you choose to accept does not mean it’s not a valid one.

Reactions: ESalum86
Valid reasons have been given over and over and over. Just because a reason is not one you choose to accept does not mean it’s not a valid one.

you came back.

still no valid reason.

still won't have one next time.

never have, never will.

at this point, you're embarrassing yourself.

so glad i'm not tasked with defending something i can't defend, as are you.

Smuggling alcohol into events and surreptitiously drinking it were never problems back in the day.
Nowadays you have to get creative.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-07-at-5.18.56-PM.png

Reactions: ufo33 and 82hoosier
From what I read on the board most likely area of concern will be the lines to use the urinals.
Stand tighter in the troughs and keep focused on the matter at hand. Don't be tempted to try a crossfire. Never say, "Nice watch, Man!" When I was a mere lad, my dad told me if you shake it more than three times you're playing with it, like it was something less desirable. Of course, I had to try it to see what he was talking about (been playing with it ever since as I do seem now to remember the wink). They ought to put up a sign, "Beer for rent". I imagine sells will initially be strong until the newness of the novelty wears off. Hell, with IU football always the way it is, everyone will be doing their pissing and moaning in the stands anyway.

Reactions: vesuvius13
And then there's this approach to smuggling in wine:
papa_bert_winerack_flask_bra_not_for_your_papa_1.jpg
I don't know, guy. The model is certainly easy on the eyes but the device itself reminds me of a bloody nasogastric drainage tube you might find in a patient coming out of surgery. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT