ADVERTISEMENT

Been Watching 92 and 93 tournament IU teams

Those were the “glory days”. Sadly most people on this board now don’t even remember those days. Some weren’t even born. When we get back there some day they will be furious that we accepted this level of mediocrity for so long.
We beat the "Fab five" in Ann Arbor if I remember correctly... Loved it! Then they called the non-existent TO in the championship and lost to NC? Correct me if I'm wrong....

I was in Bloomington from 90-94 and remember the loaded IU teams. I haven’t watched any broadcasts on YouTube till the last few days. I forgot how good and deep those teams were. I was shocked how athletic we were too. Cheaney Greg Graham Chris Reynolds could play with anyone in the country. Forgot how long and quick they were. Throw in Bailey, Evans, Anderson, Nover, Pat Graham, Henderson and Leary. All good shooters, rebounders, and smart players. Meeks too. Basketball is different now and it’s about making 3’s and guarding 3’s. I think those teams would hold their own against top teams nowadays. They had such an edge and swagger about them too. Hope we can get back to that mentality under Archie or whomever
Knight won a championship every 5-6 yrs. 76. 81. 87. The universe wanted him to win his 4th.

Keep in mind, I think Greg Graham was one of the most underrated IU guards ever. He was on a loaded team. Bailey, Cheaney, Henderson, and even Pat Graham when coming in. He was awesome!

As for AF, he has similar athleticism but maybe not the ups of GG. They are the same size and length. GG improved quite a bit through his 4 years. We'll see if AF has the drive, work ethic, confidence, and coaching to get to GG's levels. I am a fan...I HOPE. That is what makes it fun. : )
I like your optimism. I hope you're right. I just haven't seen those similarities.

I hope that next season I can say I was blind to it.

Reactions: IndyMitchell
We beat the "Fab five" in Ann Arbor if I remember correctly... Loved it! Then they called the non-existent TO in the championship and lost to NC? Correct me if I'm wrong....

We beat them 3 of 4, the one loss being at Michigan their freshman year. I was in the student bleachers on the floor for the 15 point beat down at Assembly Hall that season, & remember Greg Graham doing a reverse dunk as an exclamation point at the end of the game. I remember looking at RMK wondering how he’d react to that “showboating” but didn’t seem very upset, I think he liked rubbing their nose in it a bit...

Pair of one point wins against them the following season.

We beat them 3 of 4, the one loss being at Michigan their freshman year. I was in the student bleachers on the floor for the 15 point beat down at Assembly Hall that season, & remember Greg Graham doing a reverse dunk as an exclamation point at the end of the game. I remember looking at RMK wondering how he’d react to that “showboating” but didn’t seem very upset, I think he liked rubbing their nose in it a bit...

Pair of one point wins against them the following season.
You got to see some good basketball, man.

EDIT. None of your beeswax.

Last edited:
Those were the “glory days”. ....When we get back there some day they will be furious that we accepted this level of mediocrity for so long.

Don’t you mean “IF” ?

This sounds like you expect IU to someday have a program comparable to the one they had in “the glory days”. If I’m reading you right, that’s a pretty optimistic take for a poster that gets routinely pummeled for being negative.

I have to say that I have my doubts that IU will someday have an elite program again.

Loved watching RMK in press conferences during that Tourney run in 92. We were playing so well at the right time. Screwed in the Duke game for sure.

I remember Hurley keeping them in it during the 1st half or we would have been up even more

Reactions: Radio Zero
why is IU scared to play UK in indianapolis?
They aren't. Fred agreed to play there if UK would play home and home series.

UK doesn't want to be humiliated on national TV again. Of course, another Indiana team who had their worst conference record ever beat UK in Rupp, so they're used to losing to Indiana teams.

They aren't. Fred agreed to play there if UK would play home and home series.

UK doesn't want to be humiliated on national TV again. Of course, another Indiana team who had their worst conference record ever beat UK in Rupp, so they're used to losing to Indiana teams.
that’s ironic considering kentucky has won 16 out of the last 22 against indiana

And yet they're scared to play in Bloomington. Why stop at the last 22?
let’s do all time then official wins indiana:25 kentucky:32 kentucky is 3-2 in the tournament against indiana as well
if you wanna know why we won’t come back it’s simple you guys acted like idiots storming the court over a regular season win in december trampling darius miller michael kidd gilchrist had to move your fans out of the way to pick him up off the floor other incidents at this game include, a kentucky fan who worked as a model was knocked down resulting in a knee injury that kept her out of her next photo shoot, Anthony Davis’ mom was called a coon, it’s ok though we hung 102 on you guys a few months later in the tournament on the way to our 8th national championship (3rd one since Bobby Knight was choking players) while you guys thought you won the championship in december thats the highlight of your entire basketball program since Knight left you’ve advanced past the sweet 16 once in 27 years if you guys have did anything in the post season you’d talk about that but you haven’t.

let’s do all time then official wins indiana:25 kentucky:32 kentucky is 3-2 in the tournament against indiana as well
if you wanna know why we won’t come back it’s simple you guys acted like idiots storming the court over a regular season win in december trampling darius miller michael kidd gilchrist had to move your fans out of the way to pick him up off the floor other incidents at this game include, a kentucky fan who worked as a model was knocked down resulting in a knee injury that kept her out of her next photo shoot, Anthony Davis’ mom was called a coon, it’s ok though we hung 102 on you guys a few months later in the tournament on the way to our 8th national championship (3rd one since Bobby Knight was choking players) while you guys thought you won the championship in december thats the highlight of your entire basketball program since Knight left you’ve advanced past the sweet 16 once in 27 years if you guys have did anything in the post season you’d talk about that but you haven’t.
But here's the thing.... It's an historic rivalry... Those need to be played on home courts... That's what makes them memorable and special... I.e. Duke/UNC... No matter rank or winning percentages... Anything can happen... That's why it's always a victory for the fans... Either way... Like a heavyweight fight... Those games always are always talked about, debated, etc... I, personally, don't want college basketball to be about money or increasing an advantage by demanding a neutral court.... It takes away from the spirit of the game... Even if IU lost the next 10 in a row at Bloomington against UK, I'd still like to watch and keep the rivalry alive and well... (Although, I don't think that would be the outcome moving forward)

Reactions: RunninRichie
But here's the thing.... It's an historic rivalry... Those need to be played on home courts... That's what makes them memorable and special... I.e. Duke/UNC... No matter rank or winning percentages... Anything can happen... That's why it's always a victory for the fans... Either way... Like a heavyweight fight... Those games always are always talked about, debated, etc... I, personally, don't want college basketball to be about money or increasing an advantage by demanding a neutral court.... It takes away from the spirit of the game... Even if IU lost the next 10 in a row at Bloomington against UK, I'd still like to watch and keep the rivalry alive and well... (Although, I don't think that would be the outcome moving forward)
I agree man I want it back too it’s the best rivalry in sports not that fake duke/unc bs

Periods are NOT your enemy.

That was just egregious, dude, and you and I are great pals.

EDIT. Foiled again!

Reactions: RunninRichie
Don't blame us because some Kentucky stripper got caught up in the celebration. What was she doing on the floor anyway? The idea that IU fans are racist compared to an SEC school is laughable. IU was the first Big Ten school to integrate. Kentucky was the last one in the entire NCAA.

I assure you, our win total would be much higher if UK ever played by the rules. Not only are you cheaters, you're stupid cheaters. Mailing actual cash in an express envelope? I mean, how dumb do you have to be?ish
Then you hire a cheater in Cal who left 2 schools just ahead of NCAA punishment for NCAA violations..... there is nothing you inbreds won't do for a winning basketball season - rules be damned.

And now you're scared to play us - or anybody - on their home court, except conference games, where it's required. Chicken s#ITs.

Don't blame us because some Kentucky stripper got caught up in the celebration. What was she doing on the floor anyway? The idea that IU fans are racist compared to an SEC school is laughable. IU was the first Big Ten school to integrate. Kentucky was the last one in the entire NCAA.

I assure you, our win total would be much higher if UK ever played by the rules. Not only are you cheaters, you're stupid cheaters. Mailing actual cash in an express envelope? I mean, how dumb do you have to be?ish
Then you hire a cheater in Cal who left 2 schools just ahead of NCAA punishment for NCAA violations..... there is nothing you inbreds won't do for a winning basketball season - rules be damned.

And now you're scared to play us - or anybody - on their home court, except conference games, where it's required. Chicken s#ITs.
ahahah you’re an idiot my man https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-college-basketball-post-game-celebration.amp model not a stripper she wasn’t on the floor she was knocked down stairs because you idiots rushed the floor. Kentucky got caught with 1k in an envelope nearly 40 years ago we served the punishment. Calipari was cleared of all accused cheating in NCAA reports rose paid a friend to take his ACT the NCAA cleared him to play and then investigated the ACT score. Marcus Camby was approached by an agent and given money Cal reported this to the NCAA. You methheads have been saying “kentucky cheats” for 30 years, you can’t hang with us 35-25 3-2 in the tournament that’s the facts. Your greatest coach to ever coach at IUsed2be has a losing record against kentucky, since 1987, (your last NCAA championship ) kentucky has
won 3 NCAA championships
been to 8 final fours
been to 16 elite eights
indiana has been past the sweet 16 once in 27 years. You guys were a flash in the pan knight made you and knight killed you. You were never a perennial power.

Before Knight, IUsedtobe had 2 rather anomalous titles (40, 53) under McCracken, and not much else.
From 1938-39 until Knight arrived (71-72), indiana won all of 6 Big 10 titles, had 8 losing seasons, and- aside from the two championship years- won a total of 3 NCAA tournament games, all of them in regional consolation rounds.

Then Knight arrived, and his first 16 years produced 3 titles and 4 Final Fours. Since then, two Final Fours in 33 years... and not much else.

The years before McCracken were even worse, with 13 losing seasons from the program's inception (1901) through 1937, and only 3 Big 9/Big 10 titles.

P.S. Kentucky was the first school to play black football players and basketball players in the SEC

Indiana is a fart that doesn't stink anymore.

Last edited:
ahahah you’re an idiot my man https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-college-basketball-post-game-celebration.amp model not a stripper she wasn’t on the floor she was knocked down stairs because you idiots rushed the floor. Kentucky got caught with 1k in an envelope nearly 40 years ago we served the punishment. Calipari was cleared of all accused cheating in NCAA reports rose paid a friend to take his ACT the NCAA cleared him to play and then investigated the ACT score. Marcus Camby was approached by an agent and given money Cal reported this to the NCAA. You methheads have been saying “kentucky cheats” for 30 years, you can’t hang with us 35-25 3-2 in the tournament that’s the facts. Your greatest coach to ever coach at IUsed2be has a losing record against kentucky, since 1987, (your last NCAA championship ) kentucky has
won 3 NCAA championships
been to 8 final fours
been to 16 elite eights
indiana has been past the sweet 16 once in 27 years. You guys were a flash in the pan knight made you and knight killed you. You were never a perennial power.

Before Knight, IUsedtobe had 2 rather anomalous titles (40, 53) under McCracken, and not much else.
From 1938-39 until Knight arrived (71-72), indiana won all of 6 Big 10 titles, had 8 losing seasons, and- aside from the two championship years- won a total of 3 NCAA tournament games, all of them in regional consolation rounds.

Then Knight arrived, and his first 16 years produced 3 titles and 4 Final Fours. Since then, two Final Fours in 33 years... and not much else.

The years before McCracken were even worse, with 13 losing seasons from the program's inception (1901) through 1937, and only 3 Big 9/Big 10 titles.

P.S. Kentucky was the first school to play black football players and basketball players in the SEC

Indiana is a fart that doesn't stink anymore.
Yeah, and the SEC was the last to integrate. Great record ya got there.

Ask any sports fan the first thing that comes to mind when you say University of Kentucky and they'll say cheaters. And it's been that way since Rupp was there. Cheaters and segregationists. Now there's a record to be proud of.

Still doesn't explain why you won't come to play in Bloomington. Y'all are scared you'll be on another national highlight showing another loss.

Yeah, and the SEC was the last to integrate. Great record ya got there.

Ask any sports fan the first thing that comes to mind when you say University of Kentucky and they'll say cheaters. And it's been that way since Rupp was there. Cheaters and segregationists. Now there's a record to be proud of.

Still doesn't explain why you won't come to play in Bloomington. Y'all are scared you'll be on another national highlight showing another loss.
Yes for a envelope and point shaving which was when the MOB bribed players to LOSE games on purpose see, normally when you cheat you do it to win not lose you cornbillies aren’t very smart.
fun fact Rupp was the first coach to play a black player and he recruited black players while coaching his high school in the 20s.

once again kentucky isn’t scared to come to ASS hall and beat you in your high school gym, you idiots just couldn’t control yourselves and cal doesn’t wanna risk the safety of fans/players your AD issued us an apology it was so bad but yeah we’re scared of indiana a program that’s dead. it’s funny you say we were embarrassed when you have an entire diorama of a regular season game winner in your arena, you put the game winner on phonebooks and popcorn boxes yet you idiots forget that sweet 16 game where it really mattered. Now that’s embarrassing!
you proclaimed that indiana was back yet since the shot you’ve missed the tournament 4 times and made 3 sweet 16s.

Stick to cutting down the nets after losses.

Yes for a envelope and point shaving which was when the MOB bribed players to LOSE games on purpose see, normally when you cheat you do it to win not lose you cornbillies aren’t very smart.
fun fact Rupp was the first coach to play a black player and he recruited black players while coaching his high school in the 20s.

once again kentucky isn’t scared to come to ASS hall and beat you in your high school gym, you idiots just couldn’t control yourselves and cal doesn’t wanna risk the safety of fans/players your AD issued us an apology it was so bad but yeah we’re scared of indiana a program that’s dead. it’s funny you say we were embarrassed when you have an entire diorama of a regular season game winner in your arena, you put the game winner on phonebooks and popcorn boxes yet you idiots forget that sweet 16 game where it really mattered. Now that’s embarrassing!
you proclaimed that indiana was back yet since the shot you’ve missed the tournament 4 times and made 3 sweet 16s.

Stick to cutting down the nets after losses.
Oh, you're scared. Bring your Kentucky State Troopers if you're afraid.

And leave the stripper home if you do come back.

Oh, you're scared. Bring your Kentucky State Troopers if you're afraid.

And leave the stripper home if you do come back.
we play north carolina duke michigan state kansas and louisville but we’re scared of IU whatever makes you sleep better

are you high on meth? Kentucky cannot play them at home since we’re locked in classic deals with state farm and CBS we played at kansas in 2016 played unc in chapel hill in 2014 dude you’re a moron delete your account
Step back, boney maroney. DANC rocks the bells. He and I go WAY back on the football forum.

EDIT. Fun fact, Richie: per your profile, you have more “likes” than posts. Huzzah!

are you high on meth? Kentucky cannot play them at home since we’re locked in classic deals with state farm and CBS we played at kansas in 2016 played unc in chapel hill in 2014 dude you’re a moron delete your account

What a marooon - that's Cal's MO - schedule enough 'classics' so you don't have to play anyone on their home court. Everyone sees it but you rubes.

Simple fact is, you could play IU in a home and home series and you're too chicken sh!t to do it.

What a marooon - that's Cal's MO - schedule enough 'classics' so you don't have to play anyone on their home court. Everyone sees it but you rubes.

Simple fact is, you could play IU in a home and home series and you're too chicken sh!t to do it.
yeah you’re too ignorant to argue with

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT