ADVERTISEMENT

Because it was supposed to rain, I thought I was wasting my time when I headed to the golf course this morning for our

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
7:30 tee time. Apparently, some of the other guys in our group felt the same way because only one other guy showed up.

The other golfer, who is four or five years older than me, is having some heart problems. He said he would just play nine holes before we teed off this morning.

I reached the first hole (par 5) in two, but missed my 15-foot eagle putt and wound up with a birdie. I had one other par on the front nine and finished with a 46.

Fortunately, I played considerably better on the back nine. I started out with a double bogey, but finished with a 42 for an 88. I completed my round at 10:00, so it only took 2.5 hours to play 18 holes.

By the way, I think my playing partner figured out what I have been doing wrong on my golf shots. He pointed out that I hit one off the toe. I then made it a point to avoid doing that and I played much better golf.

By the way, I think my playing partner figured out what I have been doing wrong on my golf shots. He pointed out that I hit one off the toe. I then made it a point to avoid doing that and I played much better golf.
I've always found that I if I could avoid hitting it off the toe, my scoring was much better too.

• Haha
Reactions: NPT and Brockway
I see they have a new feature showing similar threads below. Can’t you just add to the previous weeks tragedy, so that all off your improvements are in one area.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
I see they have a new feature showing similar threads below. Can’t you just add to the previous weeks tragedy, so that all off your improvements are in one area.
I hate this feature. I see the topics and think they've been recently updated, vs "similar" and keep clicking on threads that are a year old or more. Sucks being an old guy.

7:30 tee time. Apparently, some of the other guys in our group felt the same way because only one other guy showed up.

The other golfer, who is four or five years older than me, is having some heart problems. He said he would just play nine holes before we teed off this morning.

I reached the first hole (par 5) in two, but missed my 15-foot eagle putt and wound up with a birdie. I had one other par on the front nine and finished with a 46.

Fortunately, I played considerably better on the back nine. I started out with a double bogey, but finished with a 42 for an 88. I completed my round at 10:00, so it only took 2.5 hours to play 18 holes.

Did you ever consider that you might be hurrying through your stance, addressing the ball and the act of swinging, in order to complete the round as fast as humanly possible?? Do you even enjoy playing any more?

Did you ever consider that you might be hurrying through your stance, addressing the ball and the act of swinging, in order to complete the round as fast as humanly possible?? Do you even enjoy playing any more?
ChrisSmith2.jpg

Reactions: largemouth
or: did you ever consider the other guys didn't show up, not because it might rain?

ADVERTISEMENT