Rutgers W
@ Illinois L
@ Michigan L
Northwestern W
@ Minnesota L
Wisconsin L
Iowa L
IU L

What's wild is that 9-3 doesn't even seem far-fetched, except maybe the PSU game. Hard to say how good they will be.

8-4 or 7-5 seems more likely to me with losses to PSU and one of the MSU or Illinois home games. Illinois isn't a pushover anymore, apparently.

I can see IU being in that place where anything between 5-7 to 10-2 is very possible depending on some bounces, with 8-4 again most likely.

I don't disagree with the PU prediction for the overall. But I would expect them to pull a Brohm special and spank one of the big teams ahead of them while simultaneously tanking against an greatly inferior opponent.

Reactions: midwolfe
My prediction:

p u will be lucky to win 3 next Fall... (most likely only 2)

And......, the Brohmardi clan will blame all of their losses on their new DC... ;)

I'll be disappointed if we don't at least equal this year's regular season record.

The very cool thing about the 2019 season, with a winning conference record for the first time in 26 years, is that we did it in a year when we had only four Big Ten home games. Next season we'll have five conference games in Bloomington, and I think we have a legitimate shot at winning all of them, including Penn State.

Defend The Rock! Go Hoosiers!

Its a season we should be the most likely to win 7-8 games. I will say, the 3 road games (OSU, UM and Wis) make it highly likely to be 3 losses. So we have 9 games we expect to win or at least have a close to 50% chance of winning. But we still have to come out and win those games we expect to win without slipping up. Then again, the same can be said for all teams but this time we have raised our expectations up a notch.

IU - 9-3 & 6-3

@ Wisconsin L
Western Kentucky W
Ball State W
@ UConn W
Maryland W
@ Rutgers W
Michigan State W
Penn State W
@ OSU L
Illinois W
@ Michigan L
Purdue W

Purdue - 5-7 & 2-7

@ Nebraska L
Memphis W
Air Force W
@ Boston College W
Rutgers W
@ Illinois L
@ Michigan L
Northwestern W
@ Minnesota L
Wisconsin L
Iowa L
IU L

IU 7-5 with losses to Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, Michigan, Purdue.

Purdue's schedule is very favorable. The only sure loss is at Michigan.

Reactions: AUH2064

Purdue couldn't beat Ramsey at home this year, you truly think Purdue beats Penix in Bloomington?? I'm sure Purdue will be better next year, but Indiana will have a strong team.

Penix will throttle Purdue's defense IF he's healthy.

Purdue couldn't beat Ramsey at home this year, you truly think Purdue beats Penix in Bloomington?? I'm sure Purdue will be better next year, but Indiana will have a strong team.

I don't want to get into the whole Ramsey-Penix thing again, but I'm assuming Penix won't make it through the season. He is 0-2 in that regard. If he's back & 100% healthy we could go 8-4 or 9-3.

Dumb. PU will get housed @ Minny and @ Illannoy. Memphis at home will be a dogfight. Wisky and Iowa will beat them at home as well. Then they'll lose in Bloomington to cap off their season.

I don't want to get into the whole Ramsey-Penix thing again, but I'm assuming Penix won't make it through the season. He is 0-2 in that regard. If he's back & 100% healthy we could go 8-4 or 9-3.

And Dumber. 1st, Penix will be 100% healthy by Spring. 2nd, Ramsey also couldn't stay healthy as a RS Freshman, yet he's proven very durable since then. There's no reason to think that Penix won't be more durable with another year in the S&C program.

I'd be happy with an 8 win season and THRILLED with anything greater than that. I like the way the schedule sets up next year. After taking a loss in Madison, Indiana could potentially run off 6 straight wins heading into their home tilt with PSU.

Beating PSU to go 7-1 would put Indiana onto a collision course with the promised land...!!

Reactions: vesuvius13
I say
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

IU - 9-3 & 6-3

@ Wisconsin L
Western Kentucky W
Ball State W
@ UConn W
Maryland W
@ Rutgers W
Michigan State W
Penn State W
@ OSU L
Illinois W
@ Michigan L
Purdue W

Purdue - 5-7 & 2-7

@ Nebraska L
Memphis W
Air Force W
@ Boston College W
Rutgers W
@ Illinois L
@ Michigan L
Northwestern W
@ Minnesota L
Wisconsin L
Iowa L
IU L
Which IU QB?

hard to predict the games in December, especially vs. programs that are (PSU, Rutgers. PU), or might be (tOSU, even IU itself), hiring new Coordinators. And who knows what MSU's staff might look like by August? Not sure even Dantonio knows the answer yet to that question.

Some people will say this doesn't matter, but IU will probably be in the 30-35 range in preseason polls. After a loss to Wisconsin, we could probably be ranked at 4-1. If we were to start 6-1 we could probably get up to about #18. Coming off of this season, that could be REALLY helpful for recruiting.

I think getting Penix back makes us slightly better...maybe enough to beat PSU or hang with Mich and OSU.

Playing Moore and Bell together next year is what concerns me....even more so if they're playing scholarship QB's.

Favorable? Memphis and Air Force both ended the year ranked in the AP top 25 and winning on the road against a P5 non-conference opponent is never easy and have 5 conference road games as opposed to 4 home games. I see them being favored in maybe 4 or 5 games.

Favorable? Memphis and Air Force both ended the year ranked in the AP top 25 and winning on the road against a P5 non-conference opponent is never easy and have 5 conference road games as opposed to 4 home games. I see them being favored in maybe 4 or 5 games.

He has no clue. They will struggle mightily again next season.

Reactions: midwolfe
I think the team needs to be looking for a rose bowl, as unrealistic as it sounds. However, I’m predicting 8-5 including the bowl

Will we need to redo this thread if things with Coach KD turn out the way we fear?
No. Our fans need to come to grips with the fact that successful programs lose assistants all the time and then don’t just fall off a cliff.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT