ADVERTISEMENT

Beaten by the referees again....

"I don't coach the officials, I coach Indiana..."

Best argument yet for CTC being fired.

"I don't know how points in the paint reflect on how you do at the foul line."

Well, Tom, players aren't fouled very often when they're heaving shots from 25 feet.

Last edited:

They have an AA POY type candidate, who gets his 25th double double of the season, a 7'2" center and another 6'9" post player, who happen to be their 3 leading scorers and Tom deciphers the key to the Boilers is their 5th leading scorer and a kid we should be very well-equipped to stop, while our 2 best post players were fouled out with limited effectiveness? BRILLIANT!

Sometimes he really just can't be believed.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
"I don't coach the officials, I coach Indiana..."

Best argument yet for CTC being fired.

"I don't know how points in the paint reflect on how you do at the foul line."

Well, Tom, players aren't fouled very often when they're heaving shots from 25 feet.
With he would STFU with his games lost by 3pts. He is just the biggest excuse maker

Reactions: bsmitty08
So many excuses. He mentioned 13 games where we lost but were withing 3 points with a minute left. Also the injury excuse every presser. Im sure he's giving all these excuses to Glass constantly. Dude will be here another year I bet

I don't need to listen to him anymore. There is nothing he can tell me that I haven't heard from him in other years he failed. He is just talking to make himself more attractive to future teams that haven't followed IU.

Reactions: IU40IU
What the hell was Swanigan doing underneath the basket asking for the ball? I don't think he once set a screen for a guard more than 20 feet from the basket.

Davis and Morgan shot zero free throws. Bryant shot two. Swanigan was 11 for 12 from the line and fouled those three out of the game. Gellar shot two free throws. So did Prillar.

Swanigan chewed them up and spit them out. And Crean says the referees were unfair.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but at the end, where he wouldn't answer how much the young guys getting experience is going to help in the future, is very telling.

He talks about Priller, says how he puts in the work, but he simply states the other players play more because they are better. Well no shit Tom, way to be a dick for no reason though.

I noticed that our big guys are lowering their shoulders when they drive. And he cant figure that out? I can not believe he is even in the coaching business. Does every coach on the team not see this? Or do they and he refuses to take suggestions from them. He is really arrogant or ignorant.

This is stupid. Sure, PU got a lot of questionable calls Tuesday but
that is not why IU lost. Let's not stoop to their level.

His whole demeanor has changed. It's apparent he knows he is done.

I agree his demeanor has changed. He's given up on being able to change the outcome of this season. He's resigned himself to any consequence that may come from that, but I don't think he's gone. In fact, I highly doubt they will fire a guy the year after winning the Big Ten outright. Also, he's got to many players that think they have to much "sauce", as Ronnie Johnson would say. They don't listen, they are more worried about their performance, rather than IU's. I expect a completely new team next year due to a mass exodus. The win/loss results won't be better, but the basketball will be. The players will be more teachable and work harder. Think year 2 of Tom Crean...

I agree his demeanor has changed. He's given up on being able to change the outcome of this season. He's resigned himself to any consequence that may come from that, but I don't think he's gone. In fact, I highly doubt they will fire a guy the year after winning the Big Ten outright. Also, he's got to many players that think they have to much "sauce", as Ronnie Johnson would say. They don't listen, they are more worried about their performance, rather than IU's. I expect a completely new team next year due to a mass exodus. The win/loss results won't be better, but the basketball will be. The players will be more teachable and work harder. Think year 2 of Tom Crean...

You are stupid if you believe that. Crean is gone. The whole world can smell it.

Awesome now we have a Purdue fan giving bball advice/predictions."think year 2of CTC". How about think IU with a great coach and recruiting top talent in state. You only hope CTC stays because you know what is coming. :)

I noticed that our big guys are lowering their shoulders when they drive. And he cant figure that out? I can not believe he is even in the coaching business. Does every coach on the team not see this? Or do they and he refuses to take suggestions from them. He is really arrogant or ignorant.

You nailed it. Friend's of ours son was a team manager few years back. And that's exactly what he said. The coaches would make suggestions, Crean would dismiss them, so they stopped making the suggestions.

Reactions: jaypay23
sigh ...

Crean wants them to do that. Typing this for the hundredth time. "Lower shoulder under defender, extend through, make one more power dribble at the rim". ie One More Dribble.

Its' what causes Bryant to play smaller at the rim, it's what caused Zeller to get blocked by Cuse over and over, it's what caused Yogi to be stuck in the air looking for a pass.

One. More. Dribble.

I can't believe people have watched this coach for 9 years and don't get what he's doing. Yes, it's odd, yes it goes against everything most of us learned, but it is exactly what he teaches.

I didn't see any questionable calls Thomas Bryant does foul too much and then he whines about it when he gets it called on him. But on the other hand every time he shoots he expects a foul to be called and then he whines some more. They showed replays on most of the fouls called on your guyses big guys and they definitely was fouling.

I didn't see any questionable calls Thomas Bryant does foul too much and then he whines about it when he gets it called on him. But on the other hand every time he shoots he expects a foul to be called and then he whines some more. They showed replays on most of the fouls called on your guyses big guys and they definitely was fouling.

I liked when Crean got all over Bryant on the bench after Bryant fouled out for trying to block Swanigan's fade away jumper. I mean, that's just dumb defense. As soon as Biggie saw Bryant was going to try and make a play on the ball, he knew he could draw a foul. Morgan got a foul the exact same way.
That said, I think Crean deserves to be back next year.

I liked when Crean got all over Bryant on the bench after Bryant fouled out for trying to block Swanigan's fade away jumper. I mean, that's just dumb defense. As soon as Biggie saw Bryant was going to try and make a play on the ball, he knew he could draw a foul. Morgan got a foul the exact same way.
That said, I think Crean deserves to be back next year.

I think it was his fourth foul when Bryant was behind him and Swanigan was calling for the ball with his arms outstretched. Bryant reached over his right arm and hooked it like they were wrestling. In what league is that not a foul? The thought process to even try that "move" says something about coaching.

Preseason I recall watching tape of TB and JBJ talking about leadership. And what I see in the games is TB calling for the ball down low and JBJ not getting it to him. There is no talking on the floor. No leadership at all. Just occasional posing. And it is pretty clear that the Indiana Mr Basketballs are looking to go elsewhere.

And when was the last time IU would put multiple players on the floor who average more than a foul every two minutes?

Remember the days when Indiana would aways make more free throws than their opponents took? Now that same statistic in reverse is a conspiracy by the referees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT