ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Iowa

IU has a lot of work to do this Spring - I hope they have a full Spring practice. IU has added a special kick returner that plays receiver and a B1G OL player with starting experience in our interior line, which is needed.

IU needs to break in a new DC and needs to get our OC to quit trying to be coach DeBord as that offense doesn't cut it.

I think there was talk about changing some schedules around. We might open at Iowa...

It's all about Iowa and getting MP healthy. Get Mike healthy and I'll gladly let the chips fall where they may.
Even with Penix IU needs to get their offense to be more explosive in the run game and in the pass game. The offense coach Sheridan had this year won't cut it if IU is to stay in the upper level of the B1G. Much of our offensive success this year was due to the defense creating very short fields time and again.

I would like to see if McCulley can beat out Tuttle for QB2. Tuttle was very unimpressive today against a bad defense.

Even with Penix IU needs to get their offense to be more explosive in the run game and in the pass game. The offense coach Sheridan had this year won't cut it if IU is to stay in the upper level of the B1G. Much of our offensive success this year was due to the defense creating very short fields time and again.
Why didn't Sheridan target the TE more this game? I remember one pass that Hendershot dropped and that's about it. The goofy lateral passes/WR screens to Whop produced virtually nothing. For fans sitting at home watching that unfold, you really start to scratch your head...They couldn't stop Stevie from gaining yards, so just stick with what was working...

Hopefully Sheridan can grow into his position in the same way Wommack did from last year to this year. I hope that's possible with Sheridan, it really needs to be.

Reactions: 76-1 and 4IUSox2
Why didn't Sheridan target the TE more this game? I remember one pass that Hendershot dropped and that's about it. The goofy lateral passes/WR screens to Whop produced virtually nothing. For fans sitting at home watching that unfold, you really start to scratch your head...They couldn't stop Stevie from gaining yards, so just stick with what was working...

Hopefully Sheridan can grow into his position in the same way Wommack did from last year to this year. I hope that's possible with Sheridan, it really needs to be.
There were quite a few plays were Henderson was open but Tuttle seemed to have tunnel vision and locked onto his first read.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
After watching the Ole Miss/LSU game, it was clear that these guys were good & we were going to have our hands full with their fast break offense. It put pressure on us to force some things in the first half. Ole Miss went 457 yards in about 18 & a half minutes on 2 FG's & 3 TDs scoring drives. That's fast.. This was easily the second best team that we played this year. Except Fields, we faced no other B10 QB's like that guy this year. Remove the Ole Miss QB & everything changes. 6-2 was a great season but we have to develop QB depth. There were a couple early games where Tuttle could have gotten some snaps, but he never played. He needs more game experience and learn to throw the deep corner throws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT