ADVERTISEMENT

Be prepared...

Nope, they play a shit-cupcake schedule. I had to bet on them vs. say, ILL, MSU, or even PU or UK or KU or NC. They will lose!

Reactions: kmathum
You just said they won't win, now you need the field to put your money where your mouth is on it?? Weak

Not at all. My belief is strong that SOMEONE will beat Gonzaga. As far as who will win it all? I don’t have a clue at this point. You’re the weak one in your conviction about Gonzaga here. That’s why you gave yourself an escape hatch by forcing me to pick two teams.

They current have the #15 SOS on Kenpom (higher than any team in the Big Ten, including IU at #22). They’ve already smoked KU, WVU, UVA, and Iowa. Who else do they need to beat?
Exactly. Hell, they added in UVA in the middle of the season after several games had to be cancelled due to covid. You can downplay their conference, but they schedule very tough games preconference. And, I'd imagine, it's not easy to get top teams to play Gonzaga knowing a defeat is not only possible, but probable. Can't knock their scheduling or schedule... at all!

Not at all. My belief is strong that SOMEONE will beat Gonzaga. As far as who will win it all? I don’t have a clue at this point. You’re the weak one in your conviction about Gonzaga here. That’s why you gave yourself an escape hatch by forcing me to pick two teams.
Umm, giving you two teams is to your advantage not his. What if he forced you to pick 64 other teams?

No I am a gambler, and I actually gave you a decent bet. Gonzaga is +350 to win it all right now. I would make that bet instead of a +100 bet to you, get it?

Now Nova is +700 and Baylor is +800, taking those two to my Gonzaga is a decent bet for you not great I won't lie. If I gave you three teams tho it would actually favor you IMO. That +350 for the zags is about as high as you will see it all year. They have one slip up pre tourney it goes to around +600

I go way back to 1974..
If another team goes undefeated..So be it. Good for the Zags ~
That 1976 record does nothing for me..Other than being a great team and champs..
But if were in a bubble...And we've had no fan's.
It's not close to being the same...Imo

I go way back to 1974..
. . . a mere child to those of us who watched Bill DeHeer and Vern Payne . . . who listened to radio broadcasts of the VanArsdales and Jon McGlocklin . . . who rejoiced when Lou Watson landed George McGinnis and a high school teammate of his . . . Steve Downing . . . and who wondered who the hell the new coach - from Army - was and why did we hire him for heavens' sake . . . .

No I am a gambler, and I actually gave you a decent bet. Gonzaga is +350 to win it all right now. I would make that bet instead of a +100 bet to you, get it?

Now Nova is +700 and Baylor is +800, taking those two to my Gonzaga is a decent bet for you not great I won't lie. If I gave you three teams tho it would actually favor you IMO. That +350 for the zags is about as high as you will see it all year. They have one slip up pre tourney it goes to around +600

The odds are irrelevant to me. I believe in my gut that Gonzaga will lose to somebody. If you were actually confident in Gonzaga running the table, you’d be willing to put yourself out there on the tightrope without a net and take them against the field.

The odds are irrelevant to me. I believe in my gut that Gonzaga will lose to somebody. If you were actually confident in Gonzaga running the table, you’d be willing to put yourself out there on the tightrope without a net and take them against the field.

odds are never irrelevant to me.

They current have the #15 SOS on Kenpom (higher than any team in the Big Ten, including IU at #22). They’ve already smoked KU, WVU, UVA, and Iowa. Who else do they need to beat?
Well, they soon get into their cupcake conference schedule, and that's not a good prescription for going undefeated

Well, they soon get into their cupcake conference schedule, and that's not a good prescription for going undefeated
d09151fa496b5aab735e3d25bd04eca4.jpg

I'd take Nova all day long, way more heart

Think I read or at least heard there might be a makeup game vs Baylor. This was a few weeks ago so not sure if any progress has been made.

BYU has had their number the past few years. They have a great home court. If fans get back to games at some point BYU will have a shot.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Nope, they play a shit-cupcake schedule. I had to bet on them vs. say, ILL, MSU, or even PU or UK or KU or NC. They will lose!
Their conference schedule is weak but they play tough teams outside the conference and they've been beating them. They have one of the toughest schedules in the country to now.

You just said they won't win, now you need the field to put your money where your mouth is on it?? Weak

It's not weak.

The only thing he said was that Gonzaga wouldn't win. He never claimed that any one of two other schools would win.

All you are saying is that Gonzaga is more likely to win it than any combination of two other teams.

Apples and oranges.

Reactions: Cavanagh
He's was talking about their conference I'm sure..

Why do soo many of your posts end with a bet? I just don't understand . . .

why do you try to give unsolicited advise on an internet message board?

I like gambling. Hard to understand?

Why do soo many of your posts end with a bet? I just don't understand . . .

The goal there is to flood the board with so many wagers that other posters lose track of exactly what the bet was, the implications that go along with it and which team or circumstance he was betting. When you have 2,000 bets circulating out there, you can begin to merge several of them into one so that the bet hinges on multiple scenarios coming true!

“I said we’d win.....BUT.....I also said Al would be wearing red shoes and he was clearly wearing obnoxious, yellow shoes, so the bet is off!”

The goal there is to flood the board with so many wagers that other posters lose track of exactly what the bet was, the implications that go along with it and which team or circumstance he was betting. When you have 2,000 bets circulating out there, you can begin to merge several of them into one so that the bet hinges on multiple scenarios coming true!

“I said we’d win.....BUT.....I also said Al would be wearing red shoes and he was clearly wearing obnoxious, yellow shoes, so the bet is off!”

You have to have people take the bets for that to happen. I currently have one bet with a poster on this board. Make the elite 8. I have offered probably 5 or so other bets to posters over the course of the season, no1 has taken those. Dont let ol Orgy blow things out of proportion.

Good, I hope they are undefeated national champs.
Clinging to something that happened before most posters on here were born is kind of sad.
So I was 12 when we went undefeated, I was a junior in HS when we won in 81 and I was in the army when we won in 87. So some of us have seen what really good basketball is and that 76 team was the best. And they should have won in 75 if Scott May doesn’t get hurt. So yes I hold on to memories as they are called that was a fantastic time to be an IU fan. So I will continue to hold onto what I witnessed and don’t care what the younger people say when I witnessed it. Sorry you think that we are clinging to something that really was a great accomplishment in College Basketball.

So I was 12 when we went undefeated, I was a junior in HS when we won in 81 and I was in the army when we won in 87. So some of us have seen what really good basketball is and that 76 team was the best. And they should have won in 75 if Scott May doesn’t get hurt. So yes I hold on to memories as they are called that was a fantastic time to be an IU fan. So I will continue to hold onto what I witnessed and don’t care what the younger people say when I witnessed it. Sorry you think that we are clinging to something that really was a great accomplishment in College Basketball.

I'm older than you are. I have fond memories of everything you mentioned.
A more current accomplishment to cherish is way overdue.

Reactions: All4You and mattn7
The 'Zags are not going to lose.
I hope they lose at least one game. The Hoosiers went unbeaten and won it all my senior year at IU and I have always cherished it. A college team can at least wait until I die before replacing IU as the last college team to go unbeaten and win it all.

Reactions: 76-1 and kkott
They basically clown teams the first 7 minutes of a game..
Not sure I've ever seen a team demoralize other teams so fast..
Coaches have no answers..

ADVERTISEMENT