ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Frat president to serve no prison sentence after 4 sexual assault indictments

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
And folks wonder why women don’t come forward...

181211081916-01-jacob-anderson-1210-exlarge-169.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/11/...t-rape-allegation/index.html?no-st=1544763131

Even though Jacob Walter Anderson was indicted on four counts of sexual assault, the ex-fraternity president won't spend a single day in prison.
Instead, a plea agreement allowed the former Baylor University student to plead no contest to a lesser charge of unlawful restraint.
If the 24-year-old successfully completes three years of deferred probation and pays a $400 fine, his criminal record will be wiped clean of the charge, and he won't have to register as a sex offender, CNN affiliate KWKT said.

Ever been to Waco? I have. And I really don’t care to go back. That’s an absolute hell hole, in a state that’s got a few of them (it also has a lot of really cool places as well- it’s not all bad).

At least Waco will always have Dr. Pepper- & Big Red soda. They both originated out of Waco.

Let’s review the relatively recent history of Waco- where Baylor (a private religious institution) is located.

- Head men’s basketball coach Dave Bliss is discovered to have tried to coverup the killing of one of his players, by trying to pass on the dead player as a drug dealer. Yes, that Dave Bliss (former assistant coach at IU under RMK).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

- a little before that, David Koresh sets up a cult (branch Davidians) and the FBI goes to war with them. Killing many people, including many women and children. The compound wasn’t technically in Waco, but it was close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

- between 2012-2016, the football team was raping E’rybody. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife. A massive scheme to coverup everything was eventually discovered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_sexual_assault_scandal

- in 2015, a massive shoutout happens in Waco between two rival biker gangs. It was at a twin peaks, which is a chitty hooters knock-off, basically. 8 people die, and 19 are injured.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout

That’s enough crazy forever for one town. Let alone a stretch of about 20-25 years. Texas is a little different in general- and Waco stands out.

Ever been to Waco? I have. And I really don’t care to go back. That’s an absolute hell hole, in a state that’s got a few of them (it also has a lot of really cool places as well- it’s not all bad).

At least Waco will always have Dr. Pepper- & Big Red soda. They both originated out of Waco.

Let’s review the relatively recent history of Waco- where Baylor (a private religious institution) is located.

- Head men’s basketball coach Dave Bliss is discovered to have tried to coverup the killing of one of his players, by trying to pass on the dead player as a drug dealer. Yes, that Dave Bliss (former assistant coach at IU under RMK).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

- a little before that, David Koresh sets up a cult (branch Davidians) and the FBI goes to war with them. Killing many people, including many women and children. The compound wasn’t technically in Waco, but it was close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

- between 2012-2016, the football team was raping E’rybody. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife. A massive scheme to coverup everything was eventually discovered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_sexual_assault_scandal

- in 2015, a massive shoutout happens in Waco between two rival biker gangs. It was at a twin peaks, which is a chitty hooters knock-off, basically. 8 people die, and 19 are injured.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout

That’s enough crazy forever for one town. Let alone a stretch of about 20-25 years. Texas is a little different in general- and Waco stands out.

Wow! Eventful place.

Never been there and never will now.

Last edited:
Wow! Eventful place.

Never been there and never will now.

It’s even worse than it sounds. To get from San Antonio to Dallas, you basically have to travel on I-35. And that area is perpetually under construction. It’s not as if you can just drive through it. Every time you’re there, you’re always forced to be there longer than you want to be.

I’ve been in a few weird places (Eastern KY for example), but the feel of Waco is one of the worst.

It’s even worse than it sounds. To get from San Antonio to Dallas, you basically have to travel on I-35. And that area is perpetually under construction. It’s not as if you can just drive through it. Every time you’re there, you’re always forced to be there longer than you want to be.

I’ve been in a few weird places (Eastern KY for example), but the feel of Waco is one of the worst.

eek.gif
nervous.gif
nervous.gif

My shithole place was Wichita. Car was broken in like twice on two visits. Ugly town.

You can blame the female district attorney... that is even more shocking to me as I would assume a woman prosecutor would be more encouraged to push for a max sentence. Obviously I don't know the facts of this case or the other one and CNN didn't provide any, just the victim's statement.

Waco is very conservative.

Without white conservative women voting for him by a decent margin, Trump doesn’t win the general. And don’t forget the evangelical overwhelming support for Trump. Many of which are white women, in conservative environments. The biggest thing in Waco is Baylor university. An evangelical private school.

Remember what Trump bragged about? And how many accusers came out against him? My point is, obviously many white women, generally in conservative places, had zero issues with his behavior. They still voted for him- and against a woman, to boot.

So, it’s not shocking that a woman prosecutor in Waco would cut a deal like the one here.

I read the OP’s linked story just now. It’s horrible. The excuse for not taking it to trial was that she lost another rape case recently, and she felt that the juries in that area wouldn’t believe the victim. So, she’s either admitting that she didn’t do well prosecuting the other case, or that the juries in that area are too misogynistic to convict the frat guy.

What a cesspool that place is. Add this to the list.

*** I’m not saying that all conservatives, or white women would view things in this way.

It’s just that that type of worldview that allows things like this tends to only come from an environment like Waco. When an area is too far in one direction, it tends to get WEIRD.

Waco is very conservative.

Without white conservative women voting for him by a decent margin, Trump doesn’t win the general. And don’t forget the evangelical overwhelming support for Trump. Many of which are white women, in conservative environments. The biggest thing in Waco is Baylor university. An evangelical private school.

Remember what Trump bragged about? And how many accusers came out against him? My point is, obviously many white women, generally in conservative places, had zero issues with his behavior. They still voted for him- and against a woman, to boot.

So, it’s not shocking that a woman prosecutor in Waco would cut a deal like the one here.

I read the OP’s linked story just now. It’s horrible. The excuse for not taking it to trial was that she lost another rape case recently, and she felt that the juries in that area wouldn’t believe the victim. So, she’s either admitting that she didn’t do well prosecuting the other case, or that the juries in that area are too misogynistic to convict the frat guy.

What a cesspool that place is. Add this to the list.

*** I’m not saying that all conservatives, or white women would view things in this way.

It’s just that that type of worldview that allows things like this tends to only come from an environment like Waco. When an area is too far in one direction, it tends to get WEIRD.

Its hilarious how much negativity you have towards Waco!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

Cant see you working for their Visitors Bureau anytime soon!!

Reactions: MrBing
Oh the tears . I dont agree, but if it were Bill Clinton being accused the board would be cheering

Oh the tears . I dont agree, but if it were Bill Clinton being accused the board would be cheering

? Tears? Are you saying that the prosecutor here did the right thing? And that the victim should just suck it up?

That’s kind of what it seems like. Please clarify.

? Tears? Are you saying that the prosecutor here did the right thing? And that the victim should just suck it up?

That’s kind of what it seems like. Please clarify.
The tears of a liberal every time you post I know it hurts and I didn't really even read this I just know if it were sides reversed it would be a victory to you

The tears of a liberal every time you post I know it hurts and I didn't really even read this I just know if it were sides reversed it would be a victory to you

No.

I don’t view things as “us” vs “them”. That seems to be what drives you, however.

Sexual assault is wrong, rape is even more wrong. This one is pretty black and white. It has ZERO to do with what party you’re in.

I brought up the political climate in Waco as an explanation for why the prosecutor did what she did.

You wouldn’t see the same result in a liberal enclave (say, San Francisco).

It must suck to view the world the way you view it. And to be pissed off- all your posts boil down to hatred for “libs”/Obama/one of the clinics.

Reactions: sglowrider
brought up the political climate in Waco as an explanation for why the prosecutor did what she did.

You continue to show the bias of your tribe. You don’t get to say conservatives are more lenient about sexual assault than liberals. The same thing happened at Stanford in Palo Alto—not exactly a hot bed of conservative politics. Moreover, as Duke lacrosse and many other young men who have been smeared by aggressive campus politics and lack of due process shows, the mistakes go both ways.

Last edited:
You continue to show the bias of your tribe. You don’t get to say conservatives are more lenient about sexual assault than liberals. The same thing happened at Stanford in Pali Alto—not exactly a hot bed of conservative politics. Moreover, as Duke lacrosse and many other young men who have been smeared by aggressive campus politics and lack of due process shows, the mistakes go both ways.

Did a republican just say something to someone about tribal bias? Perhaps I’m missing the context of the well nuanced nuanciness of the nuance.

Reactions: sglowrider
Did a republican just say something to someone about tribal bias? Perhaps I’m missing the context of the well nuanced nuanciness of the nuance.

Wut? Do you seriously believe there are no liberal tribes?

Also "tribe" is weide's favorite word--it appears in all of his posts. I knew he would understand.

No, you asked a bullshit question. At least you’re shooting par.

You are correct in that all the comments about "tribes" in the context of politics is bullshit. I am simply using the vocabulary the liberals bring to the discussion, not the vocabulary I wish we had.

You are correct in that all the comments about "tribes" in the context of politics is bullshit. I am simply using the vocabulary the liberals bring to the discussion, not the vocabulary I wish we had.

A republican complaining about another’s tribalism is like Rick Pitino complaining about other schools hiring hookers for their parties. I’m not saying the other schools didn’t hire hookers, I’m just wondering why Rick is complaining about it.

You continue to show the bias of your tribe. You don’t get to say conservatives are more lenient about sexual assault than liberals. The same thing happened at Stanford in Palo Alto—not exactly a hot bed of conservative politics. Moreover, as Duke lacrosse and many other young men who have been smeared by aggressive campus politics and lack of due process shows, the mistakes go both ways.
Seems like you are letting your emotions get away with you here. Might want to check the stats about the “many other young men smeared by aggressive campus politics.”

I’ll be crystal clear. This type of thing is/was going to happen more often in a town like Waco. And once it does, the outrage may come out, but it won’t lead to any changes moving forward.

Is that better?

What happened to the Duke lacrosse prosecutor? After he was exposed for being unethical, he’s done. Time will tell, but I doubt this prosecutor faces anything remotely like what he faced. The point is, the repercussions for are going to be different in different places.

And the outrage in Palo Alto was severe, and sustained, until something happened. I doubt you’ll see the same thing in Waco. In fact, I can almost promise you that you won’t see the same thing there. This is a town that is notorious for covering up for high status males when they commit sexual assault/rape (see the football program’s many issues this decade).

You’d think the “me too “ movement would have made the prosecutor choose differently in Waco. Or, again, the football teams’s outrageous behavior might’ve changed things as well. You might think that both of those things would’ve changed the calculus so to speak.

Obviously, it didn’t. At least we have a civil system- I hope the victim can get some measure of justice through it instead.

I’ll be crystal clear. This type of thing is/was going to happen more often in a town like Waco. And once it does, the outrage may come out, but it won’t lead to any changes moving forward.

Is that better?

What happened to the Duke lacrosse prosecutor? After he was exposed for being unethical, he’s done. Time will tell, but I doubt this prosecutor faces anything remotely like what he faced. The point is, the repercussions for are going to be different in different places.

And the outrage in Palo Alto was severe, and sustained, until something happened. I doubt you’ll see the same thing in Waco. In fact, I can almost promise you that you won’t see the same thing there. This is a town that is notorious for covering up for high status males when they commit sexual assault/rape (see the football program’s many issues this decade).

You’d think the “me too “ movement would have made the prosecutor choose differently in Waco. Or, again, the football teams’s outrageous behavior might’ve changed things as well. You might think that both of those things would’ve changed the calculus so to speak.

Obviously, it didn’t. At least we have a civil system- I hope the victim can get some measure of justice through it instead.

I don't know much about Waco. But I know a little about miscarriages of justice, mostly through reading and observing. I think you are wrong in assigning your personally objectionable political ideology as a cause.

I don't know much about Waco. But I know a little about miscarriages of justice, mostly through reading and observing. I think you are wrong in assigning your personally objectionable political ideology as a cause.

I’m just saying that certain environments foster the chance of a higher percentage of miscarriages of Justice. That’s all I’m saying. Apologize if I wasn’t entirely clear at first.

And be glad you don’t know Waco. It’s an absolute chithole- political leanings of the area aside.

You are not looking for the best in places, only seeing the worst to confirm your biases.

West Fest, just outside of Waco is one of my favorite weekends every summer. Just some good down home central Texas fun, with some nice Czech people. Some of the best Kolache's in the world are found right in Waco, and tailgates outside McLane aren't all that bad.

Definitely not my favorite city in Texas (or in the Top 50), but not irredeemable.

I liken it to West Laffy if Austin = Bloomington.

You are not looking for the best in places, only seeing the worst to confirm your biases.

West Fest, just outside of Waco is one of my favorite weekends every summer. Just some good down home central Texas fun, with some nice Czech people. Some of the best Kolache's in the world are found right in Waco, and tailgates outside McLane aren't all that bad.

Definitely not my favorite city in Texas (or in the Top 50), but not irredeemable.

I liken it to West Laffy if Austin = Bloomington.

Not true at all. I love B’town. And Houston. And I really love San Antonio. And the “Valley” (Eastern border area of TX). Louisville is cool, for the most part as well.

When a place sucks, I say it sucks. I call ‘em like I see them. Since I’ve been around several different areas, I’ve got a different perspective now. Diversity and tolerance matters a LOT more to me now, for example.

And I doubt the area you referenced is a lot like Waco proper. I’m sure there’s some great parts of the area- that’s true almost everywhere. In general, it still sucks.

The thing about TX is that different areas are almost like different states- and they could be fairly close to each other. Austin and San Antonio are very different- but I love both of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT