ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Tournaments Really Are Tough

ss32000

Senior
Dec 2, 2001
Baseball can be a really tough proposition for teams in postseason play. Thankfully it’s double elimination. To add some perspective:

- 7 1 seeds face elimination today. Oregon State is already out.
- 2 seeds went 4-12 on Friday
- 6 3 seeds sit at 2-0 and can advance to the Super Regional if they win today.

What’s interesting for IU is that if we can advance from our regional, ECU has a loss in their regional. If they get knocked out as the National seed, it’s my understanding that the NCAA would allow both schools advancing to the super regional to bid on hosting it. Would Fred pony up the money to host a super regional? I know it’s a little looking ahead but we will probably know by Monday what that might look like.

Reactions: RBB89
Baseball can be a really tough proposition for teams in postseason play. Thankfully it’s double elimination. To add some perspective:

- 7 1 seeds face elimination today. Oregon State is already out.
- 2 seeds went 4-12 on Friday
- 6 3 seeds sit at 2-0 and can advance to the Super Regional if they win today.

What’s interesting for IU is that if we can advance from our regional, ECU has a loss in their regional. If they get knocked out as the National seed, it’s my understanding that the NCAA would allow both schools advancing to the super regional to bid on hosting it. Would Fred pony up the money to host a super regional? I know it’s a little looking ahead but we will probably know by Monday what that might look like.

As I type this we trail 4-0, so it likely won't matter but yes, IU would absolutely invest big for a Super just like they did for the WNIT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT