ADVERTISEMENT

Barron Trump's school says stay home

I wonder why that is. The corrupt teachers union?
i'm not in that world and have no idea. pure speculation is that the private schools here (largely catholic) need the money and don't want to face people bitching about tuition reductions for online instruction. hence they're dragging the students back.

Here in Florida our moronic governor DeSantis is still holding out to have schools open 5 days a week.

Last edited:
Here in Florida are moronic governor DeSantis is still holding out to have schools open 5 days a week.
//our :D

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone can think that reopening schools with any kind of in person component won't lead to a huge resurgence. I'm talking at any level, elementary, secondary, college; hybrid, staggered, rotating... all of 'em. I think everyone is just kidding themselves, grasping at straws, saying that something, anything has to be done. It may not endanger the kids themselves directly (not much, anyway), but the toll among their parents and grandparents and all the other adults they interact with will be severe.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone can think that reopening schools with any kind of in person component won't lead to a huge resurgence. I'm talking at any level, elementary, secondary, college; hybrid, staggered, rotating... all of 'em. I think everyone is just kidding themselves, grasping at straws, saying that something, anything has to be done.
Hundreds of Coronavirus Infections at Georgia Camp Raise Tough Questions About Schools Reopening

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...tsions-georgia-camp-schools.html?via=taps_top

Experts who analyzed the results of the study acknowledge that there are some clear differences between the sleepaway camp and schools. After all, at a regular school, children likely don’t spend as much time together in such close proximity as they do in camps. But it’s still “solid evidence to suggest we should be extremely cautious about opening schools,” said Andrew Noymer, an epidemiologist at the University of California at Irvine. Brian Castrucci, CEO of the de Beaumont Foundation, a Maryland nonprofit that assists public health agencies, agreed the report should be seen as a warning sing for school districts. “This should show you how actively kids can transmit it,” he said. “If you have a low prevalence in your community, you can start to do things. If you have rampant and rapid community spread, then there is no opening school, there is no opening colleges. It is not going to work.”​

Hundreds of Coronavirus Infections at Georgia Camp Raise Tough Questions About Schools Reopening

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...tsions-georgia-camp-schools.html?via=taps_top

Experts who analyzed the results of the study acknowledge that there are some clear differences between the sleepaway camp and schools. After all, at a regular school, children likely don’t spend as much time together in such close proximity as they do in camps. But it’s still “solid evidence to suggest we should be extremely cautious about opening schools,” said Andrew Noymer, an epidemiologist at the University of California at Irvine. Brian Castrucci, CEO of the de Beaumont Foundation, a Maryland nonprofit that assists public health agencies, agreed the report should be seen as a warning sing for school districts. “This should show you how actively kids can transmit it,” he said. “If you have a low prevalence in your community, you can start to do things. If you have rampant and rapid community spread, then there is no opening school, there is no opening colleges. It is not going to work.”​
Trust me high school kids want to be as close to each other as they can. Picture yourself at 16. This is going to be a giant mess EVERYWHERE

Trust me high school kids want to be as close to each other as they can. Picture yourself at 16. This is going to be a giant mess EVERYWHERE

everyone is still pretending it isn't what it is, and the genie can be put back in the bottle.

2 UNIVERSES,

why we need literally all the info i've been calling for, not just the peek at one piece of the puzzle we've been getting from both the govt and the media.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone can think that reopening schools with any kind of in person component won't lead to a huge resurgence. I'm talking at any level, elementary, secondary, college; hybrid, staggered, rotating... all of 'em. I think everyone is just kidding themselves, grasping at straws, saying that something, anything has to be done. It may not endanger the kids themselves directly (not much, anyway), but the toll among their parents and grandparents and all the other adults they interact with will be severe.
I live in the best public school dist in Missouri. My daughter last year had flabbergasted as the “word of the month” for her class last year. The teacher had it spelled incorrectly on the chalkboard and three other spots in the classroom. I saw it on parent-teacher night. Every time I see that Fing word I think about it.

Reactions: RBB89 and UncleMark

Depends on how you define huge. We’ve already had a resurgence. Large factories, restaurants and other businesses have been open for a while. Day cares and day camps have been open around here for months. I’ve not head of them causing large outbreaks. But there has been a steady increase even here in Indiana. I would say it would be best for parents or guardians who are at risk to opt for online learning. Lots of people are already doing that. Should help to make social distancing in schools easier.

I live in the best public school dist in Missouri. My daughter last year had flabbergasted as the “word of the month” for her class last year. The teacher had it spelled incorrectly on the chalkboard and three other spots in the classroom. I saw it on parent-teacher night. Every time I see that Fing word I think about it.
8-;
I’ve made a few mistakes I’ve had to shake my head about afterwards.

Highly recommend people watch the first 20 minutes of this video. He cusses.
He says verbatim; “Indiana is f***ed.
Says the same thing about Missouri.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

I listen to the scientists and Redfield says schools should open. We should follow the science and do what the experts tell us is the best course of action.

Reactions: brianiu
My daughter last year had flabbergasted as the “word of the month” for her class last year. The teacher had it spelled incorrectly on the chalkboard and three other spots in the classroom. I saw it on parent-teacher night. Every time I see that Fing word I think about it.
LOL. Glad I could brighten your day. :p

I listen to the scientists and Redfield says schools should open. We should follow the science and do what the experts tell us is the best course of action.
Curious question. Do you believe Redfield would be saying the exact same thing at this point, exactly how it is, if we had a president that wasn’t doing EVERYTHING he can to stay in office?

At least until October! But meanwhile everybody else is send the kids back to school. I bet nobody's more disappointed than Trump's kid.
Don’t bet on it until you read Trump’ tweet. He won’t let a minor inconvenience like ChinaVirus stop school, let alone Baron Trump’s school.

Curious question. Do you believe Redfield would be saying the exact same thing at this point, exactly how it is, if we had a president that wasn’t doing EVERYTHING he can to stay in office?
It's sad that we're now to the point where we can't even trust the CDC to give us guidance uncolored by Trump's political agenda.

I don't know what he would say. I don't live in a hypothetical world. I live in the real world and I will listen to the head of the CDC. He stated this is public good vs public good and not going back to school increases the likelihood of poor nutrition, depression, abuse, suicide, etc. He looks at the data everyday.

My wife is a teacher and wants to go back. And I have been working with the public the entire covid time. Any other questions?
We need to take the time to get this under control and move from a place of possibility. Otherwise we won’t.
Our education and our economy are both suffering because people won’t get this to a place where we can go.

Agree totally. Common sense alone would tell most that you couldn't find a more perfect breeding ground for this virus than a school population environment. The whole thing is nuts!

Reactions: glmiu11
I don't know what he would say. I don't live in a hypothetical world. I live in the real world and I will listen to the head of the CDC. He stated this is public good vs public good and not going back to school increases the likelihood of poor nutrition, depression, abuse, suicide, etc. He looks at the data everyday.
What you see as hypothetical I see as change. Good change. And it needs done.

It's sad that we're now to the point where we can't even trust the CDC to give us guidance uncolored by Trump's political agenda.

It's sad you question the integrity of the scientists just because you hate Trump so much. I don't think for a minute Redfield or Fauci would compromise their ethics and integrity for anyone.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
LOL. Glad I could brighten your day. :p
Kudos on spelling it correctly. I saw it in her classroom and thought it looked wrong but I couldn’t remember how to spell it and had to look it up. Sure as shit they had their word of the month wrong. Unreal.

Reactions: brianiu
We need to take the time to get this under control and move from a place of possibility. Otherwise we won’t.
Our education and our economy are both suffering because people won’t get this to a place where we can go.

Not according to the science and scientists. We can and should go back to school.

It's sad you question the integrity of the scientists just because you hate Trump so much. I don't think for a minute Redfield or Fauci would compromise their ethics and integrity for anyone.
Fauci has openly and unequivocally taken positions at odds with Trump. Redfield and Birx have been far more obsequious. This is how the Trump administration operates, at every level. One reason I hate Trump so much is because he has caused me to skeptical of people like Redfield and Birx. I don't know how much they've tempered their positions so as to remain in place in hope of being able to effect policy, for the greater good of course.

What’s most sad is that I bet a lot of republicans (which I consider myself to be) know this is true.

ADVERTISEMENT