ADVERTISEMENT

Barrett v/s Langford... Did they rank them too soon?

fireforeffect

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2016
Romeo seems to be having a banner season & peaking at the perfect moment. I haven't seen Barrett play but did he put up numbers the like of which Romeo is putting up now?... What a special player Romeo appears to be... Would love to see him with INDIANA all over the front of his uniform. Even if it's only for one season. And I'm not much of a one & done supporter.

Romeo seems to be having a banner season & peaking at the perfect moment. I haven't seen Barrett play but did he put up numbers the like of which Romeo is putting up now?... What a special player Romeo appears to be... Would love to see him with INDIANA all over the front of his uniform. Even if it's only for one season. And I'm not much of a one & done supporter.
google is your friend

If he was available. I'd take Zion over Romeo.
But he's not.

I don't know about that, even though I agree Zion is probably the better prospect in college next year. But, we already have players at that PF/SF position, including our best player. We need shooting and scoring so that's a big check in Romeo's column. And, I think getting Romeo says to the rest of the top IN players that IU is back as a destination with Archie there. Regaining our dominance with in-state recruiting is big to me. Check for Romeo. Lastly, Zion to me seems to not fit the mold of the modern NBA, and will be a tweener under-sized inside player, while Romeo fits it very well. I think he has more NBA upside and thusly might keep IU in the spotlight long after he's gone (although admittedly I'm terrible at projecting who will be good NBA player). Another check for Langford. Give me Romeo!

I believe someone posted that Barrett destroyed Romeo last summer during the national games or whatever the hell the team was that Calipari had...where Romeo and Cal seemed to cool on each other after and Seth Greenberg questioned Romeo's desire to D up.

Romeo was, also, dealing with a back problem around that time. Wouldn't put too much stock it that....

I believe someone posted that Barrett destroyed Romeo last summer during the national games or whatever the hell the team was that Calipari had...where Romeo and Cal seemed to cool on each other after and Seth Greenberg questioned Romeo's desire to D up.

Reactions: IUgradman
Sam Bowie got drafted before Michael Jordan. Rings mean more than rankings.

Zion Williamson is impressive, in my opinion. He's like a mix of Jaeshon Tate and Zach Randolph.

I think Cameron Reddish is over rated though. Or at least I think he will not be a star in the NBA. He has pretty bad form on his outside jumpers. Seems to play loose and not care much.

Romeo will be a deft scorer at the college level. I hope he defends if he comes to IU.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT