ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore Mayor perpetuates misinformation

How stupid and immature must one be to traffic in such nonsense?

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/young-warns-of-white-vans-abducting-women/30101894

In a just society, he would be forced out.
I don't get your concern here. You worried about discrimination against white vans? Stupid, maybe, but immature? I think getting hoodwinked by gobsmacking craziness on Facebook is practically a prerequisite to being allowed to join the AARP. Why do you hate old people so much? Why do you hate tech so much? Facebook's business model is built on misinforming the olds. ;)

Reactions: sglowrider
I don't get your concern here. You worried about discrimination against white vans? Stupid, maybe, but immature? I think getting hoodwinked by gobsmacking craziness on Facebook is practically a prerequisite to being allowed to join the AARP. Why do you hate old people so much? Why do you hate tech so much? Facebook's business model is built on misinforming the olds. ;)

Funny you went to Facebook. I saw someone share a Facebook post today saying, "men, when walking in parking lots watch out for women and children and make sure they aren't kidnapped by human traffickers".

I was sure there is not a rampant wave of human traffickers kidnapping people, but I googled it to make sure. And guess what, there isn't. But I think people that start this crap want a specific agenda pushed. Making people convinced that walking in a parking lot leads to certain kidnapping helps push that agenda.

i just read that there is talk in Baltimore of women being abducted by people in a white van, and that there is concern that women and kids are being abducted in parking lots by human traffickers, so everyone should be on the look out..

just pointing out that repeating anything on social media can fuel the fire, even if the intent was to throw water on it.

that said, Jill Behrman, Lauren Spierer, and another girl who's name i've forgotten, did happen in recent times, and in a place i always considered as safe as any.

if the mayor jumped the gun on concern, i've seen worse things. and if a mayor errored in the opposite direction, that would be much worse.

not sure what the OPs point was.

that said, Jill Behrman, Lauren Spierer, and another girl who's name i've forgotten, did happen in recent times, and in a place i always considered as safe as any.
I can't remember her name either and googling didn't help. She was poor white trash and into drugs, so no one cares.

I'm not proud of myself.

I can't remember her name either and googling didn't help. She was poor white trash and into drugs, so no one cares.

I'm not proud of myself.

nor should you be.

not your best moment.

perhaps the delete post option might be a good move on this one.

and there are people who do care about her.. care to the point that it's literally life altering for them, and they will never be whole again.

but perhaps they are white trash as well, and not your perfect family, so why should you care.

that said, the Grubb girl Marv identified, and i assume is who were referring to, is not who i was referring to, and i should not have forgotten about her as well. (and probably others).

the girl i was referring to is perhaps someone more worthy of your concern.

not that long ago. pretty IU student, probably from a great family, who's body was found in Brown County after being abducted in Btown.

they caught and convicted the guy who did it.

nor should you be.

not your best moment.

perhaps the delete post option might be a good move on this one.

and there are people who do care about her.. care to the point that it's literally life altering for them, and they will never be whole again.

but perhaps they are white trash as well, and not your perfect family, so why should you care.

that said, the Grubb girl Marv identified, and i assume is who were referring to, is not who i was referring to, and i should not have forgotten about her as well. (and probably others).

the girl i was referring to is perhaps someone more worthy of your concern.

not that long ago. pretty IU student, probably from a great family, who's body was found in Brown County after being abducted in Btown.

they caught and convicted the guy who did it.

Wilson was her name, she was killed by the trivia player. But none of these were kidnapped by human traffickers.

in that case, what does it matter?

i'm sure that's of great comfort to the Wilson girl's family.

The thread is that there are human traffickers kidnapping people. That isn't happening. Other crime is happening, but we do not need to make up rampant fictional crime.

The thread is that there are human traffickers kidnapping people. That isn't happening. Other crime is happening, but we do not need to make up rampant fictional crime.

th

I guess you losing track of what we are talking about is a reason to hide your face in shame. Read the thread, it is about human traffickers kidnapping people. It is not happening. If you want to talk about murder, start a thread and talk about it.

I'm worried about this man's judgement, and his ability to serve. Doesn't wisdom come with age? One would hope that a mayor would have the wisdom to consult their own police department before propagating bullshit they read on facebook related to public safety issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT