ADVERTISEMENT

Ballou and Wommack introduced

I really like the changes in the coaching staff heading into 2018 along with the South endzone getting done. Coach Ballou and Dr Rhea will make a big impact along with getting a lead nutritionist. I want to see how much coach Inge improves special teams. Coach Wommack is an up and coming coach added to the staff. 2018 class is an upgrade that we haven't seen in athletes in years with a few that could make an impact in 2018.

There was some discussion about why Caton was being replaced and it was proposed that maybe Allen just wanted to get "his guy" in there, Caton being a Wilson hire. But during the presser, when introducing Ballou, Allen said "when you evaluate the program at the end of the season you either have to fix it or make a change, I chose to make a change so that's on me." Sounds like he didn't see eye-to-eye with Caton for whatever reason.

Crossfire get to work!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Enjoyed watching both Allen intro & Q&A, and then Ballou/Wommack same. Can't help but be impressed by both coaches and what looks to be a quality of coaching and training that has the potential to take IU to a level of the big boys. I'm sure Caton is good guy, talented and glad he's landed now at Syracuse. But I'll take an IU FB alum who's been at IMG/Notre Dame every time!

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT