ADVERTISEMENT

B1G vs. SEC

I disagree the talent was down in the B1G but agree they didn't play as well as teams in the past except for the teams you listed.

I agree. . I think you had teams who had been bottom feeders that turned it around and the optics make it seem like the league was down when it wasn't. PSU and UM didn't have 1-8 NW, 0-9 Neb, 1-8 Maryland to feast on like they did last year. Those teams were considerably better which kind of balanced out the league and PSU, Wisconsin, UM...etc, had to bring their A game every week. Ask Ohio State. Suddenly IU and NW are giving them fits and OSU isn't any worse.

The B1G league dynamic went through a massive overhaul this past season and the trajectory of how this continues will be determined as we go into next season. Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers and Northwestern aren't going to suddenly get worse. I honestly think they will all get better next year so these other teams might not be as bad as the weird season has made people think they are. Maryland is currently #21 in the 2021 recruiting rankings after being #32 last year. The league has just become more competitive in the same manner the SEC has.

You are missing the point. How do we know the SEC is better than the Big 10 when neither team played any out of conference games? Certainly the fact that they played more games doesn’t mean they were better, let alone worthy of four NY6 teams compared to the Big’s one.
Only one Power 5 league played any out of conference games this year. That was the ACC and they played only one game, usually against FCS teams. So what the hell is the committee suppose to base their selections on. Intra- conference games.

Try to follow along: If nobody played any out of conference games of any significance, then you have to go by INTRA-Conference games. The more INTRA-Conference games you play, the better you're able to be evaluated by the committee. Good grief.

Only one Power 5 league played any out of conference games this year. That was the ACC and they played only one game, usually against FCS teams. So what the hell is the committee suppose to base their selections on. Intra- conference games.

Try to follow along: If nobody played any out of conference games of any significance, then you have to go by INTRA-Conference games. The more INTRA-Conference games you play, the better you're able to be evaluated by the committee. Good grief.
The ACC wasn't the only P5 conference that played out of conference games. It's tough to "try to follow along" when your first statement isn't even correct.

Big 12 played an out of conference game too. You are awfully arrogant for someone so ill-informed.

You didn’t really address any of the points I made, so I’ll just assume you are a confused SEC fan

South Carolina just announced that they're out of their bowl game because of covid-19.

Now they've missed out on an opportunity to get their third win of the season. They are now relegated to two wins and eight losses as their final result.

So sad!

Reactions: vesuvius13
It won't come to that. There is zero chance OSU can play with Clemson. Lawrence will eviscerate their defense.
Their whole pass defense has only been tested once - US. I think Trevor is going to expose them for a bunch of 5 stars who didn't get to develop as a team. If DaBo gets a chance to run it up on OSU, he will & I hope it comes true. The big middle finger to all the Big 10 committee that hung us out to dry on multiple occasions. I hope Trevor and DABO embarrasses OSU in a lop-sided blood bath. Run it up on them DaBo!!

Why? You’re cutting off your nose to spite your face!

We’ll literally win your school more money, too!

We’ll literally win your conference more prestige, too!

We’ll literally draw more attention into your recruiting footprint, too!

And our postseason success will make your snub so much more egregious (you almost beat us — and that’s more impressive if we win it all than if we “get beat[en] like a drum” — and it will be reflected in your preseason ‘21 rank which matters for your (I think quite possible) similarly historic 2021 season)!

Hate on us amongst yourselves, but root for yourselves by rooting for us. The same way we do for you.*

*And while this applies to all Big 10 schools, I do particularly like IU and enjoy rooting for you in a way I don’t for some other teams. *cough* you-know-who *cough* PSU, too *cough* and Minny because I’ve never forgiven them for coming out of the stands and literally attacking our basketball players, permanently disabling one, with no consequences from the school (Wikipedia that shit) although it was before I was born! *cough*
I have followed B10 sports for decades & there are a handful of B10 schools that I never root for & yours is at the top of the list.. Remember "the darkest day in YOUR schools history" it was against US. Like so many others, I hope Clemson runs it up on you and see you & the B10 embarrassed. That was the only thing that I asked Santa for.

I have followed B10 sports for decades & there are a handful of B10 schools that I never root for & yours is at the top of the list.. Remember "the darkest day in YOUR schools history" it was against US. Like so many others, I hope Clemson runs it up on you and see you & the B10 embarrassed. That was the only thing that I asked Santa for.
Ryan Day did an interview that would have made all IU fans upset if they had seen it. Day said that OSU "let us" back into the game when we played. Let us? So we didn't have anything to do with that. It was OSU just being nice and not trying to score in the second half and obviously they had the water boys playing in the secondary and that was the only way we scored. That was real nice!

Big 12 played an out of conference game too. You are awfully arrogant for someone so ill-informed.

You didn’t really address any of the points I made, so I’ll just assume you are a confused SEC fan
yep. coastal carolina started the year at kansas. iowa state played louisiana.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT