ADVERTISEMENT

B1G vs. SEC

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
Bet the B1G walks all over that overrated conference. We'll know after IU vs. Ole Miss, Iowa vs. Missouri, Northwestern vs. Auburn. I bet we prove how trashy they are.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Bet the B1G walks all over that overrated conference. We'll know after IU vs. Ole Miss, Iowa vs. Missouri, Northwestern vs. Auburn. I bet we prove how trashy they are.
There you go, that's what needs to be said. And between now and the time the game is actually played you should continue talking about how trashy they are. That way when you curb stomp all three of them the Big Ten will finally get the respect they deserve. I imagine OHS will walk right past Clemson and we all know Notre Dame will be less than a warm up game for Alabama. So in the end you'll have OHS helping to prove what a trashy conference the SEC is when they trounce Alabama. They should be well rested

There you go, that's what needs to be said. And between now and the time the game is actually played you should continue talking about how trashy they are. That way when you curb stomp all three of them the Big Ten will finally get the respect they deserve. I imagine OHS will walk right past Clemson and we all know Notre Dame will be less than a warm up game for Alabama. So in the end you'll have OHS helping to prove what a trashy conference the SEC is when they trounce Alabama. They should be well rested

OHS? I assume u mean OSU? Regardless of that game, the SEC is always top heavy with one good team. Even if Bama beat them, SEC being 1-3 against the B1G proves my point.

I would just like to point out that the SEC and Big 10 had the exact same winning % this year, .500. Yet the SEC has four teams in NY6 games and the Big 10 one! How do we know they are better than us, let alone that much better, when there were no inter-conference matchups? Would’ve been nice to have a Big 10 AD heading the bowl committee... oh wait.

I would just like to point out that the SEC and Big 10 had the exact same winning % this year, .500. Yet the SEC has four teams in NY6 games and the Big 10 one! How do we know they are better than us, let alone that much better, when there were no inter-conference matchups? Would’ve been nice to have a Big 10 AD heading the bowl committee... oh wait.
Yup. Complete joke.

Exactly. This is where the true skill set of the conference representatives matter. There is an art to influencing important people and clearly the SEC and Big 12 have competent guys promoting their conferences to the committee.

The Big Ten?
A complete clown show. Warren and Barta are incompetent asshats who have no business participating in a big boy conference. Hell, I don’t know if I would even put them at the kid’s table.

The B1G will not get any credit when our 2, 3, and 4 teams beat the SECs 5, 6, and 7. This is like slotting in high school tennis. It'll feel good, but won't really mean anything. They've already left with the money.

Simple fix there... You lay 70+ on them while shutting them out... I think that might just get the attention of a few people...

Reactions: midwolfe

That tends to happen when both conferences only play in league games

Just win and bring back a big, gaudy trophy to place behind glass to show prospective recruits that we are a football destination. One bowl win, Fiesta or Mayo Bowl won’t do it alone, but if we start stringing some wins together, it won’t matter in 10 years that we were hoping for a better bowl in 2020. For now, another game in a key recruiting area might be better that a higher tier bowl in Arizona versus Oregon in the eyes of high school players we actually recruit anyway.

Two teams got screwed IMHO. IU for a NY6 game and as much as I hate to say it aTm in the CFB.... not a team you want to be playing now.
I wonder how much Penix's injury came in to play?
A&M would beat either tOSU or ND in my opinion...

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Two teams got screwed IMHO. IU for a NY6 game and as much as I hate to say it aTm in the CFB.... not a team you want to be playing now.
I wonder how much Penix's injury came in to play?
A&M would beat either tOSU or ND in my opinion...

I don't fully understand the aTm hype. There's an argument to say they should even be behind Indiana.

Look over their schedule and you see a team who barely wins every game. Was it the 5pt win at home vs. 0-9 Vanderbilt that convinces you they can beat ND or OSU? Or was it the darn near 30pt loss to Alabama? Was it just escaping Auburn 3 weeks ago with a win by the hair on their chin? Its not that aTm is trash but I certainly am not going to pretend they should've been in the CFP in any way. Their only big win was over a 3 loss FL by 3. A really good win.....but that win alone puts them over the top?

I don't fully understand the aTm hype. There's an argument to say they should even be behind Indiana.

Look over their schedule and you see a team who barely wins every game. Was it the 5pt win at home vs. 0-9 Vanderbilt that convinces you they can beat ND or OSU? Or was it the darn near 30pt loss to Alabama? Was it just escaping Auburn 3 weeks ago with a win by the hair on their chin? Its not that aTm is trash but I certainly am not going to pretend they should've been in the CFP in any way. Their only big win was over a 3 loss FL by 3. A really good win.....but that win alone puts them over the top?
It's more comparing them vs ND and tOSU. I think aTm is playing better

Truth be told , it's seems really to be between Bama and Clemson anyway

If Ohio State ends up playing Alabama, I hope Bama beats them like a drum.
Why? You’re cutting off your nose to spite your face!

We’ll literally win your school more money, too!

We’ll literally win your conference more prestige, too!

We’ll literally draw more attention into your recruiting footprint, too!

And our postseason success will make your snub so much more egregious (you almost beat us — and that’s more impressive if we win it all than if we “get beat[en] like a drum” — and it will be reflected in your preseason ‘21 rank which matters for your (I think quite possible) similarly historic 2021 season)!

Hate on us amongst yourselves, but root for yourselves by rooting for us. The same way we do for you.*

*And while this applies to all Big 10 schools, I do particularly like IU and enjoy rooting for you in a way I don’t for some other teams. *cough* you-know-who *cough* PSU, too *cough* and Minny because I’ve never forgiven them for coming out of the stands and literally attacking our basketball players, permanently disabling one, with no consequences from the school (Wikipedia that shit) although it was before I was born! *cough*

Last edited:

And our postseason success will make your snub so much more egregious (you almost beat us — and that’s more impressive if we win it all than if we “get beat[en] like a drum” — and it will be reflected in your preseason ‘21 rank which matters for your (I think quite possible) similarly historic 2021 season)!

Hate on us amongst yourselves, but root for yourselves by rooting for us. The same way we do for you.*

*And while this applies to all Big 10 schools, I do particularly like IU and enjoy rooting for you in a way I don’t for some other teams. *cough* you-know-who *cough* PSU, too *cough* and Minny because I’ve never forgiven them for coming out of the stands and literally attacking our basketball players, permanently disabling one, with no consequences from the school (Wikipedia that shit) although it was before I was born! *cough*

I assure you the small amount of money we would miss out on wouldn't be enough to make up for the snub of the B1G consistently changing the rules to accommodate Ohio State. It's been an unlucky year for everyone so why is it we can change the rules to make it "fair" for Ohio State and overlook the fact that in order to do that you had to take it away from the rightful winner?

To that, its a travesty that IU is not in the NY6 yet I don't hear Ryan Day or any B1G coach or AD standing up and calling that out. Every one of you are all just quietly allowing us to get screwed over and couldn't possibly care less. So why on earth should we care about what Ohio State does when you are ONLY there because you screwed us over in order for you to get there? Then come next year, you will look to do the same thing again. Ohio State sux. Go Clemson...

So you just negated your own post. You want us to feel all fluffy towards you yet you refuse for your own personal reasons seeing Michigan, PSU or Michigan win games. Let me guess now. Ah yes, those teams have been your big competition historically. IU on the other hand has been woefully weak therefore your little friend. That's why you root for us. Furthermore I disagree with what you bring to us. True, a B10 school in the CFP does bring us money but with the B10 network money it's not vital at all. You don't bring our conference more prestige. With the recruiting shenanigans that have taken place there it is embarrassing. No one roots for you but you. As far as a recruiting footprint you poach some of our best players not help us.

I know you all want to blame Barta for causing world hunger and COViD too....but he's only 7.7% of the Big Ten's problem. Here are the other people that you can chase after....

Hate to clue you in, but the SEC played about 100% more games than the Big Ten.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Really? Is that why Penn State is 4-5 and Ole Miss is 4-5?
Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt are the only SEC teams to play less than ten games. Nine each. The Big Ten only had two teams (Penn State and Rutgers) play as many as nine games.

Last edited:

let's change the rules for osu

We'll know after IU vs. Ole Miss, Iowa vs. Missouri, Northwestern vs. Auburn.
Yes we will.

My read of the BiG this season is that overall it's down both talent-wise and from a team concept standpoint. Exceptions would include IU, OSU, Iowa and Northwestern. Wisconsin has been pretty good, but wasn't dominant this year. Everybody else has been a shadow of their usual selves, except Illinois, which saw its shadow again this year.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
My mistake. The SEC played a total of 39 more games than the Big Ten. Still averaged almost 3 mores games PER team in their league. Meant to write that their champ (Alabama-11 ) played almost double the games of Ohio State (6).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Percentages???? Really, dude? You might as well have been talking about if the sky is blue. It's always going to 50% when talking about INTRA-Conference won-loss percentages. The fact of the matter is the SEC played almost 40% more games total than the Big Ten this year.

That is a fact.

And when you're talking about a ten game regular season, that is a SIGNIFICANT amount more.
So I would save my faux outrage of the "overrated" SEC for another year.

Reactions: IUFANBB
My mistake. The SEC played a total of 39 more games than the Big Ten. Still averaged almost 3 mores games PER team in their league. Meant to write that their champ (Alabama-11 ) played almost double the games of Ohio State (6).

The SEC began their season 9/24. B1G started 10/26. This means the SEC played 4 weeks before B1G teams took the field, yet you averaged ALMOST 3 more games per team?! Don't think I'd brag about that.

Yes we will.

My read of the BiG this season is that overall it's down both talent-wise and from a team concept standpoint. Exceptions would include IU, OSU, Iowa and Northwestern. Wisconsin has been pretty good, but wasn't dominant this year. Everybody else has been a shadow of their usual selves, except Illinois, which saw its shadow again this year.
I believe things are about the same talent wise across the country not down. Most teams would add 3or4 non-conference wins, which looks better. Old Miss becomes 8-5 etc. I personally liked conference only. Every game mattered. We must prove it on the field Jan2. I can’t wait. Go Hoosiers!

Percentages???? Really, dude? You might as well have been talking about if the sky is blue. It's always going to 50% when talking about INTRA-Conference won-loss percentages. The fact of the matter is the SEC played almost 40% more games total than the Big Ten this year.

That is a fact.

And when you're talking about a ten game regular season, that is a SIGNIFICANT amount more.
So I would save my faux outrage of the "overrated" SEC for another year.
You are missing the point. How do we know the SEC is better than the Big 10 when neither team played any out of conference games? Certainly the fact that they played more games doesn’t mean they were better, let alone worthy of four NY6 teams compared to the Big’s one.

EABOD!

Reactions: YOTHN
Damn autocorrect. I gets me sometimes too.

I believe things are about the same talent wise across the country not down. Most teams would add 3or4 non-conference wins, which looks better. Old Miss becomes 8-5 etc. I personally liked conference only. Every game mattered. We must prove it on the field Jan2. I can’t wait. Go Hoosiers!
Did I say that the talent across the country was down?

No. I said that the talent across the BiG was generally down, and identified the exceptions to that observation.

Read what's there, not what you want it to read.

Merry Christmas!!

Reactions: mobilehoosier

No. I said that the talent across the BiG was generally down, and identified the exceptions to that observation.

Merry Christmas!!
I disagree the talent was down in the B1G but agree they didn't play as well as teams in the past except for the teams you listed.

Merry Christmas!!
What you said was bullshit and I called you on it! Just not true. If you said some teams didn’t appear interested in this season I’d agree. Merry Christmas to you too!
Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT